• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

NES Retro Entertainment System Black/Red : Nintendo Entertainment System
Disclaimer

• Compatible with your favorite classic NES games
  • Cartridges are loaded on the top of the system rather than through the front
  • Custom designed to fit your cartridges to ensure that they don?t fall out
  • Comes with 2 controllers
  • Black/Red design

http://www.amazon.com/NES-Retro-Entertainment-System-Black-Nintendo/dp/B002RYLG4Q/ 

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Buyer beware. 14 one star reviews if this thing being a piece of junk.

If this is anything like the Genesis re-make, you'll be shipping it back for a refund like I did.

To be fair, there are also 49 4- and 5-star reviews, and it's not like this could be much less reliable than the original NES box. 

tooloud said:   To be fair, there are also 49 4- and 5-star reviews, and it's not like this could be much less reliable than the original NES box. 
  Well, if it's a piece of junk from the outset, then I'd say it's less reliable than the original.

I guess I won't be buying this.

When I read the title, I thought maybe Nintendo had started a Retro series. False.

Just blow on the cartridges and it works fine...

http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-System-NES-Silver-Super-6306300/...

They also make NES+SNES versions though the cost is twice as much, the controllers tend to be a bit nicer.  Combo one lets you use oem controllers, which is nice.  I keep one in the guest room and friends with younger kids are more than happy to play the old games.  $15 for the nes only one (w/ prime) is good stuff.

I have one of the dual boxes and outside of the sound being a bit off on some games, it works well.  Nes carts are so tall I could see some people having trouble with them getting seated correctly or jostled around during use causing problems.  Pretty much just like the original.

jmace57 said:   Just blow on the cartridges and it works fine...
  helps to get a little spittle in there too

I have the Duo version and it's worked great for 3 said: + years already, only NES games as I still have my original NES and all the games from 198x. The original NES doesn't work. Also to be clear, it lets you use SNES OEM controllers, not NES controllers. Sadly, both of the controllers stopped working correctly within the first year because the button pads inside wore out. I bought 3 for cheap on eBay from China and they have definitely lasted longer.]http://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-System-NES-Silver-Super-6306300/... 

They also make NES+SNES versions though the cost is twice as much, the controllers tend to be a bit nicer.  Combo one lets you use oem controllers, which is nice.  I keep one in the guest room and friends with younger kids are more than happy to play the old games.  $15 for the nes only one (w/ prime) is good stuff.

I have one of the dual boxes and outside of the sound being a bit off on some games, it works well.  Nes carts are so tall I could see some people having trouble with them getting seated correctly or jostled around during use causing problems.  Pretty much just like the original.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014