• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
For those of you who have kids that just found out/told you that they needed a graphing calculator, I found a good deal on the Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition at Staples. I did B&M but you might be able to duplicate online.

Staples Link - http://www.staples.com/Texas-Instruments-TI-SEC84-Color-Screen-G...

Original Price $124.99 (at my local Staples)
Price Match to Wal-Mart $97 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Texas-Instruments-TI-84-Plus-Silver-Ed...    
25% rewards - http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1296186/      (ENDS 9/4)
$15 Easy Rebate - prints out at cash register

$82 after rebate plus $24.25 back in rewards.

YMMV of course. My Staples only had pink on hand but they PMed with Manager Override.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

TI-84 (19.73kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

what you linked to at WalMart is not the C edition. did you get the color one or not?

deshwasi said:   what you linked to at WalMart is not the C edition. did you get the color one or not?
Yes, I got the color one and I fixed the OP.  Thanks for the find.

Doesn't Staples match price after rebates? In this case, Staples net price is $99.99 and WalMart $97?

No, YMMV of course. The checkout guys rarely know about the rebates until they are printing after the sale. I brought the calculator and the WalMart print out to the checkout, they did the price match, then I presented my 25% rewards coupon, they scanned, then I paid, and the rebate receipt printed out. I submitted it last night and it was approved.

The TI calculator that is linked to redirects to the regular silver edition.

Thanks. I had to change a few things and it looks to be working now.

The next generation of graphing calculator by TI is Nspire. Many come with free TI-84 plus keypad offer, which turns Nspire into TI-84 plus. Nspire is much more advanced and the price is about the same. Got Mine for $49 at Amzon. (Posted here in another thread. )

Instructor wanted this specific make and model. I should have known I was buying something obsolete. Oh well.

dougneb said:   Instructor wanted this specific make and model. I should have known I was buying something obsolete. Oh well.

obligatory xkcd strip 

My son insisted on TI 84 Plus as well so that he can follow the teacher in class. When the bonus Ti84 plus pad arrived yesterday, he told me that he did not need it. He got used to Nspire in just a few days.

dougneb said:   No, YMMV of course. The checkout guys rarely know about the rebates until they are printing after the sale. I brought the calculator and the WalMart print out to the checkout, they did the price match, then I presented my 25% rewards coupon, they scanned, then I paid, and the rebate receipt printed out. I submitted it last night and it was approved.

Got shot down on PM yesterday...the manager said that their price has $15 rebate so she'd price match to make it a $112 item then $15 rebate = $97.  Told her that  in that case it would be better to buy from from WM for $97 as I don't have to deal with the rebate.   I know that the Rewards would have made it a better deal but I only had one rewards coupon with me and used on a free case of copy paper.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014