Disclaimer
I just received this deal in the mail from Comcast the other day:

Blast Plus Internet (up to 50 Mbps)
Basic TV service (1 outlet)
HBO

First 12 months:  $39.99
Months 13-24:  $59.99
After that:  Regular prices

Call 1-855-657-7211 to set up service.  Offer ends 9/21/13 and limited to new residential customers.
NOTE:  This may targeted and/or only be available in the Detroit metro area as that is where I reside.  YMMV on regional availability and pricing.

This is a good deal as it is good for 12 months.  I never sign up for the 6 month promotions because there is no point when they just jack the prices up right away.  Even $59.99 for the 2nd year is still a good price for Blast Plus, tv, and HBO.  Enjoy.

Edit:  Don't forget, you will need a Docsis 3.0 modem to take full advantage of the 50 Mbps download speeds.

Member Summary

Comcast Blast Plus Internet & TV
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I called for this the day after it expired, and still got it. Pitter, you are my f'in hero, I've been debating taking a ... (more)

thornej4able (Sep. 22, 2013 @ 12:55p) |

They won't give me HBO in my area. Not that I really care that much about HBO either it would just be cool to have, esp... (more)

jmsnyc (Sep. 23, 2013 @ 4:20p) |

I put almost no value on the hbo bundle too, but the hbogo streaming service is really pretty handy. Works reliably and ... (more)

SlimTim (Sep. 23, 2013 @ 4:28p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ymmv and new subs only I assume.

Thanks, and no it is not offered in my area, but if they did, heck yes, I would take it too. 

Enjoy!

Detroit  sympathy rate.

Not a new customer but will still try!

cmon cox PM

Just keep in mind if you plan to cancel your TV service after the sub runs out and just keep interent, they'll likely charge you a $35 cancallation fee (een though the CSR rep will say no). So basically that eats into 3 months of what your promo rate is.

yanksno1 said:   Just keep in mind if you plan to cancel your TV service after the sub runs out and just keep interent, they'll likely charge you a $35 cancallation fee (een though the CSR rep will say no). So basically that eats into 3 months of what your promo rate is.
  What if my neigborhood goes bankrupt, will they still charge the fee?

Wish they offered it here. Would be perfect. I pay $70 for just non Blast internet, no TV.

Narcosis said:   Wish they offered it here. Would be perfect. I pay $70 for just non Blast internet, no TV.
  Same here.   DSL isn't available, and there aren't any other cable companies, so we never can get the good offers.

Narcosis said:   Wish they offered it here. Would be perfect. I pay $70 for just non Blast internet, no TV.

Buy your own cable modem, save $5 a month that way.

I haven't had cable for a long time. Do you still have to sign a contract for the promos, or can you cancel any time?

For existing customers on performance internet 25mbps... can get the above tv, hbo and blast 50mbps... For $5 extra/month.  I get atleast 1 call per month from them with this deal..
Dont need SD cable and I actually get closer to 30mbps already

uuuuut said:   I haven't had cable for a long time. Do you still have to sign a contract for the promos, or can you cancel any time?
 Not sure about this particular promo in your area so YMMV, but while in my area AT&T seems have at least a 1 year contract for anything, most (but not all) Comcast promos are contract-free, and I'm pretty sure they had this exact promo here w/o contract recently.

Here in the Seattle region Blast Plus Double Play = 30/6 Blast internet and Digital Economy TV (plus Steampix) for $79.95 .

FWIW, I spent an hour in the online chat to get switched into a similar double play package/plan earlier this week.  The CSR said there was no way they could not send me a cable box even though I just wanted to get the channels added to my cablecard/ceton setup, comcast actually shipped me two of the silly boxes rather than one, and then when I went to the local comcast center 30 blocks away to return the two boxes I didn't want, the guy was actually really nice and was trying to encourage me to switch to their 6 month promo for blast + digital preferred for that $80, pointing out that despite how they make it sound, it's not a contract with lock-in.
Moral of the story is, I think I'm done dealing with online chat and you get far better service in person when that's an option.

I spent almost an hour on the phone with Comcast today, transferred to a total of four people who said that no such promotion was available in the Detroit area... so has anyone successfully gotten this deal?  If so, names of reps or other helpful info would be great.

To be clear:  I gave them the exact details of the promotion and was told "no such promotion exists as far as we can tell" from a 2nd tier supervisor.

orthros said:   I spent almost an hour on the phone with Comcast today, transferred to a total of four people who said that no such promotion was available in the Detroit area... so has anyone successfully gotten this deal?  If so, names of reps or other helpful info would be great.

To be clear:  I gave them the exact details of the promotion and was told "no such promotion exists as far as we can tell" from a 2nd tier supervisor.

Finally got around to setting mine up today and it is for sure a legit deal.  Now whether it is specifically targeted.....that I don't know.  I mentioned it to the person at the number and she didn't even blink when I told her.  Will be $39.99 for the first year.  Their system is kind of screwy though and said that it would be regular rate (like $90 something) after the first year instead of the $59.99.  I am going to hang on to the mailer I got just in case it does go up a lot so I can call back and chew them out.  There is no contract involved and can be cancelled any time.  The only bad things is there is a $39.95 "tech fee" for setting it up that you can't get out of (even if you do a self-install), so the first month will be minimum $80.  Still not bad for the deal - it saves me $10 a month over my current internet-only plan.

We are on this plan though HBO is nowhere to be found on our TV... not that I care. I like $39.99/mo just for internet.

See if Verizon will offer anything close - they won't.

I called Comcast today to try and extend my double-play TV + Internet promotion into another deal. I had to speak with a couple of reps, the second one ended up being from the Customer Loyalty department. They really didn't care that all I needed was Internet, as they pretty much force you to bundle, they say it's more "value" to add TV than pay for just internet alone. The best the rep could do for me was extend a 1 year no contract deal for Blast + Digital Starter for $59.99. I pulled the trigger because the next best offer was a lower grade Performance Internet for $65. Now that they've been bought out by NBC, they really don't care about customer satisfaction. I've been so disappointed at how difficult it was to find a suitable "deal" with them. If it wasn't for a lock on my HS cable market, I'd be gone in a heart beat.

gusk1200 said:   ...Now that they've been bought out by NBC, ....

I believe it's the other way around. If I recall correctly, Comcast bought out GE's interest. As part of the deal they agreed with the FTC(?) to provide cheap internet access for low income families.

Pitter said:   I just received this deal in the mail from Comcast the other day:

HBO

Call 1-855-657-7211 to set up service.  Offer ends 9/21/13 and limited to new residential customers.
NOTE:  This may targeted and/or only be available in the Detroit metro area as that is where I reside.  YMMV on regional availability and pricing.

This is a good deal as it is good for 12 months.  I never sign up for the 6 month promotions because there is no point when they just jack the prices up right away.  Even $59.99 for the 2nd year is still a good price for Blast Plus, tv, and HBO.  Enjoy.

Edit:  Don't forget, you will need a Docsis 3.0 modem to take full advantage of the 50 Mbps download speeds.

Is this Digital Economy or Limited Basic TV?

Can you scan and upload the mailing?

I'm getting Blast! Plus right now for $69.95 + $10 HD Technology Fee with the 30/6 Internet service. The TV is Digital Economy and it includes Streampix and HBO. Should I mess with this and try to get a better deal? All I really want is Digital Starter so I can get ESPN.com channel.

I believe you need to pay the $10 HD fee to get the HBO because it is not broadcast in SD with Digital Economy, as least I read that somewhere on the SlkDl website.

Is HBO free for the full year?

They want to charge me like $125 for install because Comcast needs to come out as they never had service in my unit.  Even though they were prewired.
Deal not valid in Atlanta

jmsnyc said:   
Pitter said:   I just received this deal in the mail from Comcast the other day:

HBO

Is this Digital Economy or Limited Basic TV?

Can you scan and upload the mailing?

It comes with the Digital Economy package, which is like 50-60 channels.  I will try to remember to scan and upload the mailer tonight.

jmsync and darius11:
You have to use their box to get HBO, but it doesn't have to be the HD box.  The one that comes with it is standard def and I still get HBO.  You can hear the voices on the HD channels, but can't see the picture.  The first box that the tech installed at my place didn't have HBO showing, so I mentioned it and he put a new box on it and it worked.  If yours is not working, just call and complain - it does come with the package.  HBO should be included for both year 1 and 2, but I'm not sure on the cost for year 2 - it should be included in the $59.99, but not positive.

I've added a scan of the mailer I received to the original post in case you need it.  Enjoy.

Pitter - thanks.... I called trying to get the deal and they said they can't put in the billing system in Atlanta because its not in that region.

I called for this the day after it expired, and still got it. Pitter, you are my f'in hero, I've been debating taking a 6 month blast rate at 39.99 and you got me cable I don't need, HBO I don't care about, but the 12 month rate I've been dying for. I live in the Metro Detroit area, so it could be local, but THANK YOU.

They won't give me HBO in my area. Not that I really care that much about HBO either it would just be cool to have, especially when I would be downgrading service to switch from Uverse to Comcast.

I put almost no value on the hbo bundle too, but the hbogo streaming service is really pretty handy. Works reliably and let me catch up on some big bits of pay tv I hadn't seen in the last 20 or so years.

There's on-demand streaming through the cable box too, but I finally decided to stop trying it. It was reliable enough, but the interface via remote is a little clunkier and the online streaming via HTPC seems to offer top quality HD video, unlike the cable box with this deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014