• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AmazonBasics significantly dropped the prices on their bulk AA and AAA batteries a few months back but it doesn't seem to have been posted here.

AA NiMH Precharged Rechargeable Batteries (16 Pack, 2000 mAh) $25.35 & FREE Shipping ($1.58/battery)

AAA NiMH Precharged Rechargeable Batteries (12 Pack, 800 mAh) $18.57 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25 ($1.55/battery)

4.4 out of 5 stars (682 customer reviews)
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

- Pre-charged and prepared to use out of the pack
- Extremely gradual self-discharge maintains 80% of capacity
- Brings together very best capabilities of alkaline (ready to use) and rechargeable (reusable) batteries
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

AA 16-Pack
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

AAA 12-Pack
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good price, replace the battery in your solar garden lights with these

They have a 4.5 star rating , but the candlepower forums   seems to be a bit leery of them. 

Great price, thanks OP!

I have the AAAs and they work as well as Eneloops in remotes, LED lights, and noise cancelling headphones.

happypants said:   I have the AAAs and they work as well as Eneloops in remotes, LED lights, and noise cancelling headphones.
  Thanks for the info! I bought some.

are these better than the black top duracell NiMH?

grizybaerjr said:   are these better than the black top duracell NiMH?

If you search for "Search Customer Reviews," you can type 'Duracell' to see what owners have to say about it (make sure "Only search this product's review" is selected). Unfortunately, I don't see any specific reference to the black top Duracells, but most reviewers who compared these to Duracells said that these AmazonBasics are at least comparable, if not better (though some reviwers do say Duracells are better). Given the price, number of batteries, and strong reviews, IMHO, you're probably fine getting these... especially if you can maximize their performance with a battery charger like the La Crosse BC700.

'NLee the engineer' is well known on Amazon for his battery expertise. He is the top review for these batteries, and is generally very favorable of them. However, he found that they do not hold a long term charge as well as Eneloops.
NLee the Engineer said: [*Update on Apr 14, 2012*] Long term self-discharge data of AmazonBasics batteries were disappointing, so I have to downgrade my rating from 5 to 4 stars. I have tested one pair each of thos AA cells after 3, 4 and 8 months of storage. The average remaining charge measured were 82.3%, 79.4% and 67.6% respectively. That means they have already failed the claim of "maintains 80% of capacity after 1 year". If the present linear trend (-3% per month) continues, I expect them to retain only 55% of original charge after one year. In contrast, my previous test data with Sanyo eneloop and GP Recyko+ showed that they can retain at least 80% after 12 months. New bottom line: For most applications, those AmazonBasics cells are good enough. But for mission-critical applications, I have to recommend Sanyo eneloop instead.

You can also purchased Eneloop item#704479 from Costco for $19.89.

http://costcocouple.com/sanyo-eneloop-rechargeable-battery-combo-pack/

speedy777 said:   You can also purchased Eneloop item#704479 from Costco for $19.89.

http://costcocouple.com/sanyo-eneloop-rechargeable-battery-combo...

I do not see  Eneloop in local Costco Orange,CA now.

mxch said:   
speedy777 said:   You can also purchased Eneloop item#704479 from Costco for $19.89.

It is available at Tukwila, WA store.  I purchased 1 pack yesterday evening.

Good to known it is on sale again.
Will check it out next time

mxch said:   

Just came back from Azusa Warehouse (1220 W Foothill Blvd. Azusa, CA) today, there are still stocks since I bought some 3 weeks ago. 

skh12 said:   good price, replace the battery in your solar garden lights with these
  Good chance it won't work.  Solar light usually uses NiCd or LiFePO4 battery which require less voltage to charge.

I tried to use NiMH before and it just didn't work, had to go to Harbor Frieght to get NiCd.

The most recent reviews have them not retaining a charge anywhere near as well as they claim, suggesting Amazon has changed their supplier recently.

speedy777 said:   
mxch said:   

It is available at Tukwila, WA store.  I purchased 1 pack yesterday evening.

There are plenty at the Chino Hills, CA store.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014