• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Meritline.com
See Meritline.com coupons that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

vga adapter
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why the drive-by red with no comment? Not exactly what I needed (need HDMI-DVI+Audio) but coupled with an inexpensive HDMI doubler, this will work with my setup (already have HDMI-DVI no audio). Thanks, Mr.C.

Would this work going from VGA to HDMI or is the converter just one way?

slvrdrgn123 said:   Would this work going from VGA to HDMI or is the converter just one way?
Based on what I read at Meritline, this unit converts an HDMI signal to VGA + audio, one way. So, it could let you watch a bluray player on a VGA computer display. I can't find any info about what display resolution or scan rate this unit outputs. Computer monitors can be finicky.

After reading about a similar product on AMZ, it looks like the device must pull power from the HDMI jack to run the converter. A reviewer mentioned that a bluray player's HDMI output doesn't provide any (or enough) power to run the converter. A laptop or desktop computer's HDMI output might, YMMV.

Anyway, if you think it will work for you, it's $8.30 at Deal Extreme .

GWBush said:   Why the drive-by red with no comment? Not exactly what I needed (need HDMI-DVI+Audio) but coupled with an inexpensive HDMI doubler, this will work with my setup (already have HDMI-DVI no audio). Thanks, Mr.C.
I needed the same thing, too. I wanted to plug the HDMI output of a bluray player into an older LCD TV that had DVI in, but no HDMI. (BTW, DVI doesn't support audio.) So, I got a DVI-DVI cable and added a DVI-HDMI adapter  onto one end. The bluray player had a coaxial audio out, so I bought a $10 optical/coaxial to RCA stereo converter box  on eBay. Done!

It'd be easy if it's just one device (HDMI to older DVI TVs). My plan is to use an auto switch between 3-4 HDMI devices hence the ability to split out the audio is nice. So it's 3-4 HDMI devices -> HDMI auto switch -> HDMI 1x2 Splitter then:

HDMI1 -> HDMI-DVI - TV DVI in
/
\
HDMI2 -> HDMI-VGA+Audio -> TV Audio in

And, to do it cheap, thanks to this device.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.