• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples Coupons: Coupon Codes Printable Coupons | Staples.com
Disclaimer
http://www.staples.com/coupons/?icid=HDC:HDC:DROPDOWN:WEEKLY:COUPON:20120909 

this coupon has the limit 1 wording, best to print out 4. if coupon wallet q does not have the limit 1 wording, then go with that one to save hassles with cashier over lim1 wording

Member Summary

easy button
Thanks bcronin
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just noticed that too. Thanks.

melachri (Sep. 10, 2013 @ 6:13a) |

And August rewards are available to print.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Sep. 10, 2013 @ 8:24a) |

thanks

tigresslil (Sep. 10, 2013 @ 8:30a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

guess they ran out of photo paper, finally

nortotron said:   guess they ran out of photo paper, finally

I'd rather have the photo paper, higher amount to monetize my egc's back into cash again!

What's egcs?

ymprncess said:   What's egcs?
  Staples electronic gift cards.

Not in my coupon wallet. I also miss the photo paper.

TY OP

Sorry I don't understand, where does the limit 4 come in if it says limit 1?

budgetbear said:   Sorry I don't understand, where does the limit 4 come in if it says limit 1?
  Limit 4 is the rebate limit. Stapleseasyrebates.com. 1 is the limit on the coupon that makes the ream Free After Rebate.

I have to have 4 transactions at my Staples to use 4 coupons

MISTERCHEAP said:   
nortotron said:   guess they ran out of photo paper, finally

I'd rather have the photo paper, higher amount to monetize my egc's back into cash again!

mathfaster said:   

I finally have seen the wisdom of taking a rebate check if offered. Deposit check, use credit card for next transaction and get whatever points the card provides. Nothing additional earned if using gift card.  I know it may only be 1% but any chance to Make Mo Money here at FW!

brusbrother said:   
mathfaster said:   

I finally have seen the wisdom of taking a rebate check if offered. Deposit check, use credit card for next transaction and get whatever points the card provides. Nothing additional earned if using gift card.  I know it may only be 1% but any chance to Make Mo Money here at FW!

Yes, but in this case these were part of the buy $50 Staples electronic gift card get a free $10 electronic gift card. 

brusbrother said:     I finally have seen the wisdom of taking a rebate check if offered. Deposit check, use credit card for next transaction and get whatever points the card provides. Nothing additional earned if using gift card.  I know it may only be 1% but any chance to Make Mo Money here at FW!

Also, you don't have to spend it at the same store. 

I have used it several times, though the coupon says limit is 1, cashier would not mind scanning it four times.

cashier won't apply the coupon multiple times, too bad.

mathfaster said:   Yes, but in this case these were part of the buy $50 Staples electronic gift card get a free $10 electronic gift card. 
 Dang it; I can't find the thread with the info on this. Mind helping a FW brother with this?

if only i didn't make money on 2 boxes (20 reams) last week

lafayette said:   cashier won't apply the coupon multiple times, too bad.
  I think that it is "hit or miss" as to whether the cashier will allow you to use the coupon multiple times.  A very wise man (MISTERCHEAP) advised me to print the number of coupons to match the rebate limit and I just give them all at the same time.  So far, no questions, even from the manager.  Worst case scenario, ask them to ring each item up as an individual transaction or threaten to walk out to your car, drop the ream off and come back in for each subsequent purchase.  I have only had one cashier state that I would only get one rebate (not true).

Sales tax kills the deal.

FatRick said:   
mathfaster said:   Yes, but in this case these were part of the buy $50 Staples electronic gift card get a free $10 electronic gift card. 
 Dang it; I can't find the thread with the info on this. Mind helping a FW brother with this?

It is dead. It was supposed to last for 2 weeks but they sold out in 4 days. Promo started 8/25.

mathfaster said:   It is dead. It was supposed to last for 2 weeks but they sold out in 4 days. Promo started 8/25.
Dang; I should have acted more quickly. I try to limit my time and cash to FW/Staples activities; even with the promise of free money. Too busy getting rid of paper.

Regardless, thanks mathfaster.

LongDongSilver said:   Sales tax kills the deal.

Staples Rewards cover almost all of the sales tax for me, all but 1%. And that last 1% is covered by the credit card rewards.

Besides, virtually all the free paper I buy gets donated, so even paying sales tax would still be a good deal. I just (one hour ago) dropped off 8 cases at my church.

Lumpy05 said:   
  I think that it is "hit or miss" as to whether the cashier will allow you to use the coupon multiple times.  A very wise man (MISTERCHEAP) advised me to print the number of coupons to match the rebate limit and I just give them all at the same time.  So far, no questions, even from the manager.  Worst case scenario, ask them to ring each item up as an individual transaction or threaten to walk out to your car, drop the ream off and come back in for each subsequent purchase.  I have only had one cashier state that I would only get one rebate (not true).

No, they won't do that. They strictly enforce the 'one coupon per customer' policy, and refuse to scan additional coupons. The only way is to visit Staples several times, after the cashier forgets my face...

lafayette said:   
Lumpy05 said:   

No, they won't do that. They strictly enforce the 'one coupon per customer' policy, and refuse to scan additional coupons. The only way is to visit Staples several times, after the cashier forgets my face...

I almost never have a problem using multiple coupons, but last week got a cashier (who knows me) who refused to scan the coupon more than once. She said she did not want to get in trouble with corporate (I find it incredibly hard to believe that corporate goes after cashiers who do this). She called over the manager (who also knows me), who told her to ring up separate transactions. Really stupid on their part, since it was busy with back to school shoppers and having to do 4 orders instead of 1 only added to the line. And the cashier screwed up entering one of my egift card payments and told me it was empty. When I checked my receipt in the car, I saw she entered 0.42 as the payment amount instead of 4.27, so when the register came back and said I stlll owed money, she mistakenly assumed that the gift card was empty. I had go back to the store to retrieve the sheet from the garbage!

You can generally print a coupon from the Rewards site that does not have the "limit 1" wording. Will they not take that multiple times either?

No coupon wallet version this week or just slow you guys think? I'm leaning towards the new coupons being delayed maybe, just because the only coupons at all showing up are the two offers for premier members (free tech service or training).

>this coupon has the limit 1 wording, best to print out 4. if coupon wallet q does not have the limit 1 wording, then go with that one to save hassles with cashier over lim1 wording
Even this doesn't work anymore in my experience.

lafayette said:   
Lumpy05 said:   
  I think that it is "hit or miss" as to whether the cashier will allow you to use the coupon multiple times.  A very wise man (MISTERCHEAP) advised me to print the number of coupons to match the rebate limit and I just give them all at the same time.  So far, no questions, even from the manager.  

I used to print out the correct number of coupons but no longer waste the paper (ha!).  Every cashier at my store, including the two "managers in training," and store manager will scan the coupons as many times as I have the appropriate items at checkout... I just hand them one coupon and tell them "4x on this one, 2x on that one..." and so on.  It has never been an issue, and the register certainly doesn't care.  Store across town (which I don't shop at for other reasons) doesn't care either.  It is less likely to be a corporate policy as it is probably just (over)zealous checkers trying to adhere to the printed terms (either because they are afraid of getting in trouble, or because they have appointed themselves Coupon Guardians).

labboypro said:   I used to print out the correct number of coupons but no longer waste the paper (ha!).  Every cashier at my store, including the two "managers in training," and store manager will scan the coupons as many times as I have the appropriate items at checkout... I just hand them one coupon and tell them "4x on this one, 2x on that one..." and so on.  It has never been an issue, and the register certainly doesn't care.  Store across town (which I don't shop at for other reasons) doesn't care either.  It is less likely to be a corporate policy as it is probably just (over)zealous checkers trying to adhere to the printed terms (either because they are afraid of getting in trouble, or because they have appointed themselves Coupon Guardians).
I used the photo paper coupon last week and handed the cashier one and said to scan 4 times. He scanned it 4 times. Did another order for my parents and handed the cashier another coupon and said to scan 4 times. He scanned it once, then hesitated and read the coupon, scanned it 3 more times then said technically this is 1 per customer. I said that's what it says, but the coupon says Free After Rebate and the rebate limit is 4. I don't think he understood what I was implying.

Is this new deal this week or continuing offer from 8/18? I already got these last week of Aug.

pkp413 said:   Is this new deal this week or continuing offer from 8/18? I already got these last week of Aug.
  If an item was FAR last week, and shows up as FAR again this week, does the limit per customer reset?

It's based on the offer code (XX-XXXXX). If the code is different, it's a new rebate and new limits apply. If the code is the same, the limit is not reset. See the link at the top of this thread for help determining the offer number.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m16582541/#m16582541 

mathfaster said:   
pkp413 said:   Is this new deal this week or continuing offer from 8/18? I already got these last week of Aug.
  If an item was FAR last week, and shows up as FAR again this week, does the limit per customer reset?

It's based on the offer code (XX-XXXXX). If the code is different, it's a new rebate and new limits apply. If the code is the same, the limit is not reset. See the link at the top of this thread for help determining the offer number.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m16582541/#m16582541  

Thank you! I did not buy this item the last two weeks assuming it was the same offer. Not that anyone shopping Staples would need more paper...

I print the coupons @ the store - save some ink.

The coupon is now avail. on Staples Rewards.

fixfox69 said:   I print the coupons @ the store - save some ink.
  Why save ink when you can pay less for ink than Staples pays you to recycle it And considering Staples usually pays you to take paper, its like printing money every time I print something out

1brooklyn1 said:   The coupon is now avail. on Staples Rewards.

Just noticed that too. Thanks.

1brooklyn1 said:   The coupon is now avail. on Staples Rewards.
And August rewards are available to print.  

thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014