• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/8620-bolt-carrier-group.html  

Shipping was free (to 98439) at least so it might be for you too

get them while they last! PSA is one of the best and safest places to buy your AR-15 parts and best deals for the money!

Member Summary
Staff Summary

PSA is a reputable seller too. Good find!

Buyer beware. This is inferior 8620 steel nor is it MPI tested. 80 dollars is a fair price but not a great one for this kind of bolt.

ghostofdavid said:   Buyer beware. This is inferior 8620 steel nor is it MPI tested. 80 dollars is a fair price but not a great one for this kind of bolt.
  Good to know!  So what kind of material should we be looking for it to be made from?

This is a great price.  Yes the 8620 is not Carpenter 158 Alloy, but yet fully capable of semi-auto level fire rate.  If you are not putting 3,000 rounds per year through your gun then this bolt will more than keep up.

bflamante said:   This is a great price.  Yes the 8620 is not Carpenter 158 Alloy, but yet fully capable of semi-auto level fire rate.  If you are not putting 3,000 rounds per year through your gun then this bolt will more than keep up.
are you saying if I put 2000 rounds per year I should expect it to last a life time?

non sense. it has nothing to do with rounds per year but has to do with total number of rounds.

treasurebeacon said:   
bflamante said:   This is a great price.  Yes the 8620 is not Carpenter 158 Alloy, but yet fully capable of semi-auto level fire rate.  If you are not putting 3,000 rounds per year through your gun then this bolt will more than keep up.
are you saying if I put 2000 rounds per year I should expect it to last a life time?

non sense. it has nothing to do with rounds per year but has to do with total number of rounds.

My reference to "keep up" is that you would expect to replace this part during regular maintenance consistent with other parts of a gun of like kind build quality.  For reference to potential buyers the 8620 bolts are reported to last somewhere in the 6,000 round range.  Some more, some less.  Depending on ammo used, fire rate and quality of barrel that would be about the point to start looking at a new barrel, and by default a new bolt.  So yes this bolt would last the lifetime of the barrel in many scenarios. 

On the plus side this is an AUTO carrier with chrome lined key and carrier.  All of the PSA bolts i have seen are properly staked as well.  This is a VERY GOOD bolt for light use.  I define light use as someone who shoots a few hundred rounds a year.

I went for the "cosmetic blem" offering with the 158 Alloy Bolt (which is only $20 more!):

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/bo...

Clarke123 said:   I went for the "cosmetic blem" offering with the 158 Alloy Bolt (which is only $20 more!):

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/upper-parts/bo...

Another much better deal on a much better bolt.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014