XBOX MUSIC Stream for free for now.

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Xbox Music streams songs on-demand for free on the web (for a fee on mobile devices)Go here and try it out for six months http://www.xbox.com/en-US/music I just clicked "listen for free now" and logged into my Gold account. Not sure if Gold is required. 

Microsoft is expanding its Xbox Music service in a big way. The company islaunching new Android and iOS apps which you can use to stream millions of songs and albums for $10 per month or $100 a year. Or you can listen for free using the Xbox Music websitehttp://liliputing.com/2013/09/xbox-music-streams-songs-on-demand-for-free-on-the-web-for-a-fee-on-mobile-devices.html The biggest news is the news that doesn’t cost a cent. You can fire up a web browser on pretty much any PC (in the US anyway), and stream millions of tracks on demand.It’s an ad-supported service, but it’s entirely free for the first 6 months. After that, Microsoft will restrict the number of hours you can listen for free, but you’ll be able to sign up for an Xbox Music Pass for unlimited service.

Member Summary

Xbox music (29.89kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

it's called pandora

works for non gold xbox live members too.

Leave it to Microsoft to double dip in this manner. It's another Hulu Plus. Either it is ad supported OR a pay service. Not both. Comcast/Xfinity is trying to pull the same crap with their On Demand content. Forcing paying customers to watch commercials by disabiling fast forward on certain programs. As long as consumers support companies who behave this way, the longer they'll do it and the longer they'll be in business. Using an Xbox 360 is a laughable proposal most of the time. As a silver member you can't do anything. As a gold member you can do some things but still pay extra for everything else. It is madness if you think about it. If I'm paying once, shouldn't that cover the majority of content offered?

Tequila477 said:   Leave it to Microsoft to double dip in this manner. It's another Hulu Plus. Either it is ad supported OR a pay service. Not both. Comcast/Xfinity is trying to pull the same crap with their On Demand content. Forcing paying customers to watch commercials by disabiling fast forward on certain programs. As long as consumers support companies who behave this way, the longer they'll do it and the longer they'll be in business. Using an Xbox 360 is a laughable proposal most of the time. As a silver member you can't do anything. As a gold member you can do some things but still pay extra for everything else. It is madness if you think about it. If I'm paying once, shouldn't that cover the majority of content offered?
  The Gold memebership is mainly to pay for servers for Xbox related things.  The fee for Xbox music is to cover the cost of licensing music.  It isn't free to do that.  They aren't double dipping.

cheeto said:   it's called pandora
  I have had an Xbox music subscription for sometime now so I don't know how this free period works.  Assuming it is just access to everything free for a limited time, then it is a lot more powerful than Pandora.  You can't play specific songs and create specific playlists in Pandora (just one example).

paribest said:   works for non gold xbox live members too.
  on xbox itself?

vickh said:   
  on xbox itself?

No. Free portion is for web online.  

Just to clear something up: This is called Xbox Music but isn't made specifically for the Xbox.  It is the Zune music subscription renamed.

It's Free. Can't beat that.

thanks, good to know. I like to think MS isn't as evil as some make them out to be. 

cheeto said:   it's called pandora
  not really. It's much more like spotify in that you can pick which songs you want to listen to. 

I put an album in my collection and it only plays the first song, and only would play that first song once.

Terrible website.

I can't get anything to play. Just get an error when I try anything.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014