• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary

Link has an extra '?' tacked on.

Link Fixed

No dust cover, no forward assist. Just s head's up for those thinking they are getting a current mil spec rifle.

Ahhh...prices are almost back to normal!

ghostofdavid said:   No dust cover, no forward assist. Just s head's up for those thinking they are getting a current mil spec rifle.
††
What good nowadays a forward assist is for, especially for civilian semi-automatic rifle? AFAIK, most it's for cosmetic, since it won't chamber a round.

Awesome price OP! I got a Cali-compliant version for $50 more last month.

These came with MagPul MBUS 2 sight installed just FYI, nice touch from S&W.

lanwarrior said:   
ghostofdavid said:   No dust cover, no forward assist. Just s head's up for those thinking they are getting a current mil spec rifle.
††
What good nowadays a forward assist is for, especially for civilian semi-automatic rifle? AFAIK, most it's for cosmetic, since it won't chamber a round.

††
I'll just leave this here:†

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/foghorn/ask-foghorn-what-does-a-forward-assist-do/

First round to fire is the most important one. Peace of mind goes a long way.†

What kind of horsesh1t operation builds an AR without a dust cover.

ofacesig said:   What kind of horsesh1t operation builds an AR without a dust cover.
††
One looking to save a few bucks times however many rifles they sell. Most people see the price and buy one in a rush without realizing what they might be missing.†

ghostofdavid said:   
ofacesig said:   What kind of horsesh1t operation builds an AR without a dust cover.
††
One looking to save a few bucks times however many rifles they sell. Most people see the price and buy one in a rush without realizing what they might be missing.†

† And what they are missing is completely unnecessary for the average shooter who is taking a gun to the range which pretty much covers 99.999 percent of anyone looking for a gun on Fatwallet.

I have a sport and have ran about 500-600 rounds of every type of ammo available through it and never needed a forward assist to shove a round in it that failed to feed properly.† Dont think I would recommend doing that anyways unless somebody at the range is shooting at you...

ghostofdavid said:   
lanwarrior said:   
ghostofdavid said:   No dust cover, no forward assist. Just s head's up for those thinking they are getting a current mil spec rifle.
††
What good nowadays a forward assist is for, especially for civilian semi-automatic rifle? AFAIK, most it's for cosmetic, since it won't chamber a round.

††
I'll just leave this here:†

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/foghorn/ask-foghorn-what-does-a-forward-assist-do/††

First round to fire is the most important one. Peace of mind goes a long way.†

††
I know what FA does. But to play your game, I read your link and it said this:

So what good is a forward assist to a civilian shooter?=16px†None, really. Itís a feature that duplicates a function already available on the gun. But I still like it.

I'll leave it here...


nice post...good weapon at a good price.

lanwarrior said:   
ghostofdavid said:   
lanwarrior said:   
ghostofdavid said:   No dust cover, no forward assist. Just s head's up for those thinking they are getting a current mil spec rifle.
††
What good nowadays a forward assist is for, especially for civilian semi-automatic rifle? AFAIK, most it's for cosmetic, since it won't chamber a round.

††
I'll just leave this here:†

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/foghorn/ask-foghorn-what-does-a-forward-assist-do/††††

First round to fire is the most important one. Peace of mind goes a long way.†

††
I know what FA does. But to play your game, I read your link and it said this:

So what good is a forward assist to a civilian shooter?=16px†None, really. Itís a feature that duplicates a function already available on the gun. But I still like it.

I'll leave it here...


††

"=16px†I like the extra peace of mind that I get from tapping the forward assist before the stage starts and ensuring that the first round is properly seated. Especially in colder weather when normal lubricants may become slightly viscous and keep the gun from chambering properly the knowledge that the first round will definitely fire makes me feel a little less nervous. And having the mechanical device means I donít need to get my hands dirty touching the bolt, something that might make me lose my grip during a stage."

If you don't like it, great. Don't use it. I will as I have learned to use it in carbine classes. Also, this doesn't make it any closer to mil-spec that my original claim, does it? If you want to spend lesser money on a lesser rifle, do it. I'll stick with my FA and dust cover. Let me guess, you don't want dust covers, too.†

ghostofdavid said:   
I'll just leave this here:†

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/11/foghorn/ask-foghorn-what-does-a-forward-assist-do/††

First round to fire is the most important one. Peace of mind goes a long way.†

† This, just this.

Please address each other respectfully when replying. Thanks.

Had one of these for 2+ years and never a problem. Never missed the forward assist or the dust cover either! †Well over 1500 rounds thru it.†

for the person on a budget, this is a good deal.

There's nothing wrong with getting a plinker without a dust cover or FA. Good deal, op.

Great deal, thanks a ton. I have been looking for a new AR for quite a while and this was the right price.

This is a great gun for the money. I picked one of these up from PSA for $649 and it's been excellent.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014