• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Star Trek Voyager: The Complete Series: Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan
Disclaimer
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Voyager-Complete-Series/dp/B0006...

List Price: $529.98
Price: †† †$176.49

You Save: $353.49
FREE Shipping

Special Features:

††† All seven seasons on 47 discs
††† Braving the Unknown: Seasons 1-7
††† Voyager Time Capsules: Janeway, Tuvok, Neelix, Kes, Seven of Nine, Kim, Torres, Paris, Chakotay, The Doctor
††† Red Alert: Amazing Visual Effects
††† Real Science with Andre Bormanis
††† The First Captain: Bujold
††† Cast Reflections: Season One
††† Launching Voyager on the Web
††† On Location with the Kazons
††† Saboteur Extraordinaire: Seska
††† A Day in the Life of Ethan Phillips
††† A special text trivia version of "The 37's"
††† A Flashback to "Flashback": A look at the episode with guest star George Takei, Includes interviews with Takei, Tim Russ ("Tuvok") and an exploration of how scenes from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country were recreated for this episode
††† The Birth of Species 8472
††† The Art of Alien Worlds
††† The Borg Queen Speaks
††† Delta Quadrant Makeup Magic
††† One Small Step: A Mars Encounter
††† Guest Star Profile: Vaughn Armstrong
††† Coming Home: The Final Episode
††† The Making of Borg Invasion 4-D
††† Photo galleries
††† Lost transmissions from the Delta Quadrant

Member Summary

Star Trek Voyager: The Complete Series
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Think Voyager is under-rated. Never got into DS9, and obviously like it better then that. There's a couple 2 part series in season 4 that are just fantastic! Definitely recommend checking out "Year of Hell" and "The Killing Game" episodes.

yanksno1 said:   Think Voyager is under-rated. Never got into DS9, and obviously like it better then that. There's a couple 2 part series in season 4 that are just fantastic! Definitely recommend checking out "Year of Hell" and "The Killing Game" episodes.

I never really got into voyager too much.† I always thought it went DS9 > Next Gen > Voyager.

I was not into Voyager at first, tho I watched it every week, but half way through the first season, I was hooked.

I think of them as:† 1-Original series, 2- Next Generation, 3 (very close 3) DS9, 4- Voyager, and last Enterprise.† And that is not because it wasn't good, it was, but I felt that they tried to make up new people/civilizations, when it was supposed to be the past....before TNG, so, to me a lot didn't make sense.† But as a true trek fan, I watched it all, and ended with the DVD set

I have all sets, and love having them.

EDIT:† I was just reading my post....and I realize that my choices are in the order that they came out.† So predictable I am!

I'm not really a trekie, but lately I've wanted to sit down and give them a try. Should I start with the original series or something else?

Ayla said:   I was not into Voyager at first, tho I watched it every week, but half way through the first season, I was hooked.

I think of them as:† 1-Original series, 2- Next Generation, 3 (very close 3) DS9, 4- Voyager, and last Enterprise.† And that is not because it wasn't good, it was, but I felt that they tried to make up new people/civilizations, when it was supposed to be the past....before TNG, so, to me a lot didn't make sense.† But as a true trek fan, I watched it all, and ended with the DVD set

EDIT:† I was just reading my post....and I realize that my choices are in the order that they came out.† So predictable I am!

††Well, I never was able to keep up with the series that followed Next Gen so I later had a chance to borrow these DVDs from our local libraries and boy, when you watch them in sequence, it really is a pretty good continuous universe.† I was always told DS9 was the best written and the stories are tight and characters are pretty well developed.† I did make more than an effort to watch the last 3 seaons of Voyager for 7 of 9 obvious reasons.† But I also took out the Enterprise series and I thought it was under appreciated.† Granted, it was a lot more risque than the previous series, especially with Jolene Blalock, but there was some pretty good continuity, especially if you had read any of the Star Trek books like the Vulcan Forge trilogy (or whatever it was called), it was interesting how they tried to keep to the canon on Vulcan that was created in some of the novels.† In watching the series in order, I was sorry that they were not able to sustain it for 7 seasons rather than just 5 but at that point, the ratings even for these lesser sized networks like the WB or CW or whatever, couldn't justify the costs of the series.† Also, even though it was the prequel, the FX advances over the years from the earlier series just made it look better.† If I had the bux I'd buy Voyager to watch again, but for now I only have a couple of seasons that I found at a Big Lots way back and will have to see if any other libraries have updated their DVD stocks.

Ayla said:   I was not into Voyager at first, tho I watched it every week, but half way through the first season, I was hooked.

† WOW, that cost more than my entire DVD/Blu-ray collection combined!

Borg20001 said:   Borg20001;17973678 said:
If I had the bux I'd buy Voyager to watch again, but for now I only have a couple of seasons that I found at a Big Lots way back and will have to see if any other libraries have updated their DVD stocks.

††
Netflix has them all available for streaming. †It's pretty cheap, too.

FishHeads said:   I'm not really a trekie, but lately I've wanted to sit down and give them a try. Should I start with the original series or something else?
† You start with The Next Generation. It's the most scifi friendly of the franchise.†

slickdeal45 said:   
Borg20001 said:   Borg20001;17973678 said:
If I had the bux I'd buy Voyager to watch again, but for now I only have a couple of seasons that I found at a Big Lots way back and will have to see if any other libraries have updated their DVD stocks.

††
Netflix has them all available for streaming. †It's pretty cheap, too.

††Thanks, I forgot about that. I guess re-upping on Netflix is another option.

mmmodem said:   
FishHeads said:   I'm not really a trekie, but lately I've wanted to sit down and give them a try. Should I start with the original series or something else?
† You start with The Next Generation. It's the most scifi friendly of the franchise.†

† Thanks! †Netflix here I come

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014