• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CAMSCANNER 60 MILLION USERS CELEBRATION! [Go Pro! Giveaway]

Download the non-pro version for either Android   (rated 4.6 out of 5 stars by 127,232 users) or iOS   (rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by 4,234 reviewers), then sign up here   to unlock pro features. You will then receive a verification email with an activation link. Finally, complete 3 steps to unlock the pro version: 1) tell friends on Google+, FB, or twitter, 2) follow on FB or Google +, and 3) log into your free version. [Note: steps 1 and 2 appear to be optional at the moment, but show some support/appreciation if you don't object too much to using social media].

You will then receive a confirmation email with the subject heading "CamScanner 60 Million Users Celebration – Go Pro! Giveaway" confirming that "You’ve successfully unlocked CamScanner Pro Features for a lifetime!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Free version is an ad-supported version and scanned documents are generated with watermark. Cloud Storage services - Evernote, SkyDrive are available for 7 days, plus a limit of 30 pages for annotations

Pro version is ad-free, adds no watermarks, allows unlimited annotations, and allots an extra 200M of cloud storage space

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turn any Smartphone into a Scanner with CamScanner for Intelligent Document Management. CamScanner is an intelligent document management solution for individuals, small businesses, organizations, governments and schools. It is the perfect fit for those who want to scan, sync, edit, share and manage various contents on all devices.

CamScanner users can use phone camera to SCAN (take a picture of) and manage all kinds of paper documents, including
* Bills, receipts, invoices, contracts, tax rolls, business cards
* Whiteboard discussions, memos, scripts, letters
* Blackboards, notes, PPT, books, articles
* Credentials, certificates
* * Batch Scan Mode saves you even more time: it auto detects and adjusts the document orientation.

Other Features:
*Document Web Access: log in to your account at www.camscanner.net      and edit file name, add tags and notes; manage documents, share documents link or use social media.
*Optimize Scan Quality: unique smart cropping and auto enhancing ensures scanned texts/graphics are clear and sharp with premium colors and resolutions.
*Easy Search Document: includes OCR search to easily find keywords within PDF files
*Advanced Document Editing: edit document name, add notes, customize watermark and make annotations on your mobile.
*Intelligent Document Management: group, sort by date, tag, view in list/thumbnail mode, set passwords, etc.
*Sign up and backup/sync documents on the go: log in and you can access, edit, share and sync documents across devices and the Cloud.
*Share & Upload Support: upload to cloud storage; fax scanned documents; share documents via WiFi or on your mobile or at www.camscanner.net     

3rd Party Cloud Storage Services Supported: Box.com, Google Drive, Evernote, dropbox

“CamScanner may just be the best deal for scanning documents on your iPhone.” – CNET.com

Member Summary

CamScanner
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

iOS Manual
Thanks fivetalents
Disclaimer

Android Manual
Thanks fivetalents
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks

angelmartinez (Sep. 13, 2013 @ 10:56p) |

Why does it show Basic in my account? Don't see Pro?

joel2007 (Oct. 07, 2013 @ 10:52p) |

If all you need is OCR, Google Goggles can do it.

thunderstruck (Oct. 08, 2013 @ 1:06p) |

FAQs

How can I take this offer?
For new users: sign up -> follow us on social media -> install Free version -> log in to the app
For current users: sign in at campaign webpage -> follow us on social media -> open the app & log in

How can I know if I successfully unlocked the Pro Features?
Please check if you have “Generated by CamScanner” watermark on PDF files. If not, you have unlocked Pro Features.

Why am I still using the Free version after I did the steps?
Please make sure you are logged in to the app with the email you signed up/in at our campaign webpage, in order to enjoy Pro Features. After you log in, you’ll receive a pop-up to confirm you unlocked Pro Features.

Why cannot I install Pro/full version for FREE?
Our giveaway is to unlock Pro Features in Free app, not to install Pro/full version for FREE. After unlocking the Pro Feature, the free app is the same as the Pro/full version as long as you are logged in.

What should I do if I failed to sign up?
Please contact support@intsig.com to report this.

What should I do if I cannot download the app?

What should I do if I cannot follow CamScanner on social media?

Why app changes to Free version after I log out?
Pro Features are linked to the account. As long as you are logged in, you can use the Pro Features for FREE.

Can I use Pro Features on other devices?
Yes! You can use Pro Features after you log in to the app on other devices.

***More detailed FAQs can be found here.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Did not work for me. Obnoxious ad is still running full-time at bottom of screen. Makes product totally unusable.

Also, you are not getting the pro version. You are getting the pro features unlocked as long as you are signed in. Not sure if that makes a difference to anyone but again you are not getting the pro version. You must remain signed in to use the pro version features.

Edit: Got it working. Convoluted process to go through. Still not getting the pro version as stated above.

biggus35 said:   Did not work for me. Obnoxious ad is still running full-time at bottom of screen. Makes product totally unusable.

Also, you are not getting the pro version. You are getting the pro features unlocked as long as you are signed in. Not sure if that makes a difference to anyone but again you are not getting the pro version. You must remain signed in to use the pro version features.

Edit: Got it working. Convoluted process to go through. Still not getting the pro version as stated above.

The info about needing to be logged in on your phone to access pro features was already in the quick summary. Numerous people are getting this to work just fine, including me, so I don't think you needing individual tech assistance warrants giving the deal red. Also mentioned in the quick summary if the contact email for customer support.

Great app, I use it daily and have used it for about a year (free version). Takes about five scans until you figure out how to get the best results. Scan to email is easy and fast.

Took all of 3 minutes to get the free Pro. GREAT APP!!!!!

Thank you and green!

I get a message, "So many people are participating, please try again later" when trying to sign up...are their servers really that bad?

Finally got to work...a huge 400MB of free space!

donrull said:   I get a message, "So many people are participating, please try again later" when trying to sign up...are their servers really that bad?

No, their product is really that awesome. LOL. Glad you got it to work

I've used the free version for a couple of years and love it so I jumped on the Pro version. I also got the "So many people..." error message but just clicked again and it went through just fine. Took less than five minutes from start to finish! Thanks a bunch, OP!

I went through the 'upgrade process', which was convoluted, indeed.

How do I know if I got the Pro features activated?

jomarrod said:   I went through the 'upgrade process', which was convoluted, indeed.

1. Confirmation email stating "You’ve successfully unlocked CamScanner Pro Features for a lifetime!"
2. Popup window when you log into your CamScanner account through the CamScanner app that says "Full version features unlocked for a lifetime! Please keep your account signed in to enjoy it."
3. Files that you scan into pdf don't have a watermark.
4. No adds at the bottom of your screen.

Suggest you carefully read their TOS - there is a clause in that huge document that they have the right to do whatever they want with your information. Several things in that document have led me to uninstall altogether.

jomarrod said:   I went through the 'upgrade process', which was convoluted, indeed.

(you don't actually need to do any social media)

after you've signed up at the link, then sign in within the app on the phone to the camscanner account you created and you should see no ads at the bottom of the screen, indicating that you have the unlocked/pro version working

I have the free version on Android and after about 4 scans in BATCH mode, the pages come out dark. Anybody face this issue?

Thanks OP. Worked like a charm!

Actually rather simple process. Thanks OP.

Thanks

Followed your detailed instructions and I got it. Thanks, OP

smells like NSA stuff to me!

janhallus said:   Suggest you carefully read their TOS - there is a clause in that huge document that they have the right to do whatever they want with your information. Several things in that document have led me to uninstall altogether.
  Care to elaborate?  I went through their TOS and Privacy Policy and saw no such clause. 

edit:  I think I see what you're referring to, but I interpret it differently. 

edit2:  After reading it a third time, I'm a little skeptical of their vagueness.  I think if you're concerned about the content of the documents you scan, it's best to not sync them through the app to any cloud services or other devices. 

Created an account which I have no trouble signing into from my PC but I get a message that "this account is not signed up, Please re-enter" when I try to sign in from the app on the phone.

I signed up, but the web site never sent my activation email, despite a dozen attempts to retry.  Eventually, the site just says, "Sign up again."

Why would anyone use this if their servers can't keep up with the traffic?

verification email taking forever ... over 30 mins so far without it, have hit resend once already .... are others getting verification email quickly?

lgmayka said:   I signed up, but the web site never sent my activation email, despite a dozen attempts to retry.  Eventually, the site just says, "Sign up again."

Well, I for one, won't be using their servers for anything.  The app can run locally on your phone and do all the nice image processing and converting to pdf without having to connect to any cloud service.  Just tested it with my phone in airplane mode.

Great app

jcantanixon said:   
lgmayka said:   I signed up, but the web site never sent my activation email, despite a dozen attempts to retry.  Eventually, the site just says, "Sign up again."

Well, I for one, won't be using their servers for anything.  The app can run locally on your phone and do all the nice image processing and converting to pdf without having to connect to any cloud service.  Just tested it with my phone in airplane mode.

And.... they're severs are getting slammed hard because of the giveaway of pro access to one of the most highly rated apps I've ever seen. The glowing user reviews should indicate that accessing your account and cloud storage is not typically a problem under normal circumstances. 

ForSpud said:   verification email taking forever ... over 30 mins so far without it, have hit resend once already .... are others getting verification email quickly?

They don't require you to verify your email on-screen by having two email entry fields... is it possible that you had a typo in your email address? I signed up in the wee hours when their servers weren't being slammed, but I received email verification from them in about 5 minutes.

For those that signed up for the free-for-life Pro account about 6 months ago that allowed any .edu addresses for the educational upgrade, this promotion is identical. I did it anyway to see if the "Premium" account feature of "High Quality Scan" will be allowed with this promotion, but it's not. So if you have the .edu promotion already applied - don't bother with this promotion.

Otherwise this is a good and useful app, and my only issue is that you can't turn OFF uploading/syncing to their server if you're logged into the account. I think the only way to get around this is to use in Airplane mode, send as email attachment to yourself, and delete the scan inside CamScanner. But if you want to keep the documents in the CamScanner app for future use, or sync it up to your dropbox etc. account, the Airplane mode will need to be turned off eventually, and CamScanner will sync up the docs to their servers. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this and I missed a setting somewhere...

Worked on the HD version for the iPad, too.

so I guess the most important question here is.....is it worth it to upgrade? since it doesn't seem to have ALL the features of the PRO version as well as the inconvenience of the "automatic upload" feature.

and what if I use it on multiple devices? it's on my iphone AND several of my android phones. do I have to "sign up" seperately or can I use the same login on all devices and it works f ine?

lemonhead said:   so I guess the most important question here is.....is it worth it to upgrade? since it doesn't seem to have ALL the features of the PRO version as well as the inconvenience of the "automatic upload" feature.

and what if I use it on multiple devices? it's on my iphone AND several of my android phones. do I have to "sign up" seperately or can I use the same login on all devices and it works f ine?

One login - multiple devices.
For me other than suppressing the Ads, I do not see any value of this upgrade.

What about the watermark? I didn't try this app in the Free mode, so I don't know how bad the ads or the watermark are.

Great2008 said:   For those that signed up for the free-for-life Pro account about 6 months ago that allowed any .edu addresses for the educational upgrade, this promotion is identical. I did it anyway to see if the "Premium" account feature of "High Quality Scan" will be allowed with this promotion, but it's not. So if you have the .edu promotion already applied - don't bother with this promotion.

Otherwise this is a good and useful app, and my only issue is that you can't turn OFF uploading/syncing to their server if you're logged into the account. I think the only way to get around this is to use in Airplane mode, send as email attachment to yourself, and delete the scan inside CamScanner. But if you want to keep the documents in the CamScanner app for future use, or sync it up to your dropbox etc. account, the Airplane mode will need to be turned off eventually, and CamScanner will sync up the docs to their servers. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this and I missed a setting somewhere...

After playing with it a little, you don't have to go into Airplane mode.  Just keep the auto-sync feature set to WiFi only and turn off wi-fi before using the app.  Then after scanning and converting to pdf, you can email it then delete it...or just move it to another folder.  That should prevent it from being uploaded to their servers.

I have used Camscanner on my android for some time. I do not recall having to login to an account to take pictures, edit, and send to my email account as pdf. So, now that I have completed these steps for CamScanner Pro, it says to "keep your account logged in to enjoy it." Also says, "To use Pro Features, please open CamScanner free version on your mobile and log in to your account." Where/how do I log in to use this app? When I open this app on my cell phone, I do not see a place to log in. I has a banner in the right corner that says "Lite."

jackindy said:   I have used Camscanner on my android for some time. I do not recall having to login to an account to take pictures, edit, and send to my email account as pdf. So, now that I have completed these steps for CamScanner Pro, it says to "keep your account logged in to enjoy it." Also says, "To use Pro Features, please open CamScanner free version on your mobile and log in to your account." Where/how do I log in to use this app? When I open this app on my cell phone, I do not see a place to log in. I has a banner in the right corner that says "Lite."

You should be able to use all of the features of the free version when not logged in. Logging in gives you access to the Pro features. If you access tap the settings cog wheel on the home page, then select the 1st option (account info, fax balance), sign in/sign out is the second option from the bottom. Also, syncing prompts you to log in if you are not already logged in, so on the home page you can just drag down on the right side of your screen where your documents are (it will be blank/white if you have no documents). I never got a banner that says "Lite" or anything else.

Thanks OP, In for 1!

I have used Camscanner on my android for some time. I do not recall having to login to an account to take pictures, edit, and send to my email account as pdf. So, now that I have completed these steps for CamScanner Pro, it says to "keep your account logged in to enjoy it." Also says, "To use Pro Features, please open CamScanner tree version on your mobile and log in to your account." Where/how do I log in to use this app? When I open this app on my cell phone, I do not see a place to log in. I has a banner in the right corner that says "Lite."

Had to sign up with phone number. Email sign up displays their "oops" message.

in 4 1

Been a JotNot user but for free decided to download CamScanner (iphone) to see the differences. So far the only difference I see from CamScanner free vs pro is no ads. They still want you to upgrade for $4.99 per month or $49.99 year for true pro features...

Skipping 31 Messages...
If all you need is OCR, Google Goggles can do it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014