• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
WalMart has been given permission by Apple to discount the price of the iPhone models 5S ($199.99->$189.99) and 5C ($99.99->$79.99) upon launch.  No word yet whether this will extend to other retailers.  Standard 2 year contract obviously required.

Text - CNET article.      

Also discounts on old phones:
As of today, the 16GB iPhone 5 drops in price to $79 from $98. The 8GB and 16GB iPhone 4S now are priced at just 97 cents. And starting September 16, the iPhone 4 will cost you a dime and come with a $100 WalMart gift card. All of those prices naturally require a two-year agreement.

Buyers who prefer an unlocked iPhone can purchase the iPhone 5 for $549 and the iPhone 4 for $349 through WalMart's Straight Talk prepaid plan. Both represent a savings of $100 from the previous price and will be available to customers starting Saturday.

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

iPhone 5C (27.23kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Green to the OP! Took a few days to locate an AT&T iPhone 5, but we found one to replace my wife's old iPhone 4 which w... (more)

samdix (Sep. 19, 2013 @ 11:47p) |

I upgraded to the $50 SERO plan to get my 4S. On Sprints site it says I need a new plan to even get an iPhone 5. Sprint'... (more)

jjmIII (Sep. 20, 2013 @ 3:11a) |

Is that true the Iphone 5S for $189.00 from WalMart?  Is the phone also unlock too and what is the GB?

jkarch (Oct. 26, 2013 @ 8:20p) |

• Also categorized in:

Would WalMart work for SERO plan?

+1

Who would buy 5C? Basically it is last years model in plastic case.
It would have been better if it was rather 5 as it is for $100 less then 5c.

2cheap2eat said:   Would WalMart work for SERO plan?

lol.  I haven't heard about SERO for so long.  +1

I think it's actually SERO-P, $50 month for iPhone / Android on Sprint.

shreejidwar said:   Who would buy 5C? Basically it is last years model in plastic case.
It would have been better if it was rather 5 as it is for $100 less then 5c.

1. Someone who doesn't have last year's model.
2. Someone who likes the pretty colors.
3. Someone who has $100, not $200, to spend on a new phone.

It has better battery life and a better front-facing camera than the 5; but it's not marketed to people upgrading from an iPhone 5, that's why it's cheaper than iPhone 5 was and iPhone 5S is.

Anyone know if 5S will be available from WalMart on Straight Talk at release?

DelCheapo said:   Anyone know if 5S will be available from WalMart on Straight Talk at release?
  Probably a few months after release, as usual with new phones.

2cheap2eat said:   Would WalMart work for SERO plan?
  I haven't tried at WalMart but I was unsuccessful at Best Buy, I was able to do my previous upgrade at Best Buy almost 2 years ago so things have changed. I've been told that you must go through a corporate store to do an upgrade on SERO, and even then they need to temporarily change your plan to the Everything Plus plan and you need to call back and they'll change it back afterwards (same day). This means that you are stuck with whatever price Sprint wants to charge (which is always full price except I got the BOGO galaxy s4 offer so I did ok). And yes, it would be SERO-P @ $50 a month.

Anyone know if WalMart sells iPhones for Verizon? I tried looking on the site, but didn't have any luck finding a real answer. Thanks

Just received an e-mail from MacMall stating that they will have the 5C and 5S at this price as well, so it looks like it's not limited to just WalMart...

Agr8RN said:   Anyone know if WalMart sells iPhones for Verizon? I tried looking on the site, but didn't have any luck finding a real answer. Thanks
Not all stores are the same, and they typically only carry 3 out of the 4 major carriers. Just as an example, my store has AT&T|T-Mobile|Verizon, and the WalMart 8 miles down the road from mine has T-Mobile|Sprint|Verizon.

Call your local stores up to find out.

MY Better Half wishes WalMart would include VERIZON...but I have never seen it since our WalMart moved in ten years ago....

Try calling the next closest WalMart to you to find out if they have Verizon. Keep in mind that it's also a regional thing and depends on how prevalent that carrier is in your area. Most stores don't want to carry Sprint where I live because it's terrible.

im going to buy the att version (all the lte bands are now the same for the 5s) and then cancel the next day so they subsidize it. then take the phone to my $30 tmobile 5gb plan. best way to screw the greediest carrier and reward tmobile....

diggydoggy said:   im going to buy the att version (all the lte bands are now the same for the 5s) and then cancel the next day so they subsidize it. then take the phone to my $30 tmobile 5gb plan. best way to screw the greediest carrier and reward tmobile....
  I dont understand the logic. So, you pay $325 ETF + $200(initial outlay) + $35 activation fee +taxes = $560+taxes. Yes you do get it for less than the unlocked one. But then you cant get 4G from tmobile as your phone will be locked to ATT.

What is the point of paying $560 to a locked down phone? You may as well pay a little more for an unlocked version.

javaman2003 said:   
diggydoggy said:   im going to buy the att version (all the lte bands are now the same for the 5s) and then cancel the next day so they subsidize it. then take the phone to my $30 tmobile 5gb plan. best way to screw the greediest carrier and reward tmobile....
  I dont understand the logic. So, you pay $325 ETF + $200(initial outlay) + $35 activation fee +taxes = $560+taxes. Yes you do get it for less than the unlocked one. But then you cant get 4G from tmobile as your phone will be locked to ATT.

What is the point of paying $560 to a locked down phone? You may as well pay a little more for an unlocked version.

here's the logic...

a 64gb iphone is 849 outright plus tax. if i buy through att, it is 399 plus 325 etf. that's 725. ive already saved a ton. and in regards to locked, both verizon and att iphone 5, 5s and 5c are all unlocked and with the new band on the phone, you can just hotswap sim cards and lte still works for them all... 

You are forgetting your first month's bill, which tacks on another ~$125 to the overall price.

nintendonly said:   You are forgetting your first month's bill, which tacks on another ~$125 to the overall price.
  Any may be 2 or 3 FINE print which we always forget .................  
Example
Limited time offer ( may be for 10 minutes, if you buy in that period only then u qualify)
Only available in certain area ( only in Alaska)
Night & weekends (does not include Day light saving time)

nintendonly said:   You are forgetting your first month's bill, which tacks on another ~$125 to the overall price.
  well if i choose the lowest tier its 40 dollars and that's what i would have spent on service with tmobile anyway. the point is getting it subsidized by a bastard carrier.

diggydoggy said:   
  well if i choose the lowest tier its 40 dollars and that's what i would have spent on service with tmobile anyway. the point is getting it subsidized by a bastard carrier.

Good job , we should give this big fat companies a 'doggy' style

It seems like he's punishing himself more than the carrier with all the work he has to do.

I'm personally gonna wait for the 5Z.

diggydoggy said:   
javaman2003 said:   

here's the logic...

a 64gb iphone is 849 outright plus tax. if i buy through att, it is 399 plus 325 etf. that's 725. ive already saved a ton. and in regards to locked, both verizon and att iphone 5, 5s and 5c are all unlocked and with the new band on the phone, you can just hotswap sim cards and lte still works for them all... 

This might be a dumb question, but I thought you couldn't swap between verizon and ATT, since they worked on different kinds of signals? ATT uses SIM cards, Verizon doesn't etc.

is it any one here will buy the 5Cheap version?
but it's only $100 less then 5S. not cheap enough.

I am upgrading from a 4 to the 5S.. I will pay the extra $10 gladly not to have to set foot in WalMart.
(pre-order on AT&T upgrades website, get it next Friday delivered to my home)
edit: cr*p, no 5S pre-order.. uhoh more Apple shortages on purpose to create buzz me thinks.

klbarnes1 said:   I'm personally gonna wait for the Nexus 5.
  Fixed.

vijujoshi said:   
Example
Limited time offer ( may be for 10 minutes, if you buy in that period only then u qualify)

AT&T has a $40 a month plan for Deaf people, it would be nice for this phone.

robby69 said:   I am upgrading from a 4 to the 5S.. I will pay the extra $10 gladly not to have to set foot in WalMart.
(pre-order on AT&T upgrades website, get it next Friday delivered to my home)

You're clearly missing a main point of the 5s release...there's no preorder.  The preorder is for the 5c only.  If you want a 5s you'll be stepping foot in Wal-Mart, or Best Buy, or your local ATT store or somewhere if you want it (and most likely standing in a long ass line and possibly not even getting one if you don't stand in line).  Or order it on the 20th and get it who knows when.

I would just wait for a little bit. I doubt 5S/C will be any more success than 5. Android is pushing Apple really hard, I think it's going to have even bigger discount. And as a Fatwalleter, I would consider midrange android phone which is nowhere worse than any iPhone by functionality.

megachacker said:   You're clearly missing a main point of the 5s release...there's no preorder.  The preorder is for the 5c only.  If you want a 5s you'll be stepping foot in Wal-Mart, or Best Buy, or your local ATT store or somewhere if you want it (and most likely standing in a long ass line and possibly not even getting one if you don't stand in line).  Or order it on the 20th and get it who knows when.

Please keep talking about this to everyone you know and posting on every site you're a member of.

unnamedny said:   I would just wait for a little bit. I doubt 5S/C will be any more success than 5. Android is pushing Apple really hard, I think it's going to have even bigger discount. And as a Fatwalleter, I would consider midrange android phone which is nowhere worse than any iPhone by functionality.

Sshhh. 

*Disclosure - I own AAPL.

handyguy said:   
vijujoshi said:   
Example

AT&T has a $40 a month plan for Deaf people, it would be nice for this phone.

The AT&T TAP plan doesn't seem like a good deal though

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/articles-resources/disability-resources/text-accessibility-plan-for-iphone.jsp

No I will see even more 9 year olds with iphones

5C's are for the non-us market, they like bright colors over there.

nosoupforme said:   No I will see even more 9 year olds with iphones

that's right grandpa, you will.

nintendonly said:   
DelCheapo said:   Anyone know if 5S will be available from WalMart on Straight Talk at release?
  Probably a few months after release, as usual with new phones.

If I buy TMobile iPhone 5S from Apple Store off contract I should be able to swap to my Straight Talk nano sim and use it, correct?

diggydoggy said:     here's the logic...

The phone is only sold unlocked if you buy it at the full price.  Subsidized phones are locked.

Before you decide to argue about this, you might want to spend five minutes reading about it.  You'll save yourself quite a bit of money and embarrassment.

unnamedny said:   I would just wait for a little bit. I doubt 5S/C will be any more success than 5. Android is pushing Apple really hard, I think it's going to have even bigger discount. And as a Fatwalleter, I would consider midrange android phone which is nowhere worse than any iPhone by functionality.

Apple has sold around 57 million of the iPhone 5. I'm not sure how you define success, but selling 57 million of something that costs $650 sounds pretty good. 

Skipping 28 Messages...
Is that true the Iphone 5S for $189.00 from WalMart?  Is the phone also unlock too and what is the GB? 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014