• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Rakuten.com - 27
Disclaimer
27" IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor WQHD 2560x1440 – With HDMI 1.4 / DVI / VGA / DisplayPort 1.2 & Built in Speakers  $399.99, 1year warranty Free Budget Shipping
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/27-ips-glass-panel-pro-led-monitor-wqhd-2560x1440-440cd-m2-hdmi-1-4/252439954.html   Features:
  Display Type IPS panel with LED backlight
  Display Size 27" (685mm)
  Dot Pitch 0.2331 x 0.2331 mm
  Maximum Resolution 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz (WQXGA)
  Brightness 440cd/m²
  Color Space Support 1.07 billion colors
  Response Time (gray-to-gray) 6 milliseconds
  Dynamic Contrast Ratio 80,000:1 max
  Viewing Angle 178° left/right, 178° up/down
  Input Options VGA, DVI-D Dual Link, DisplayPort v1.2, HDMI
  Horizontal Frequency (HFR) 30KHz ~ 88.7KHz
  Vertical Frequency (VFR) 60Hz ~ 75Hz
  Pixel Clock Frequency 241.5MHz
  PNP Standard VESA DDC2B™
  Power Consumption Operation: < 90W
  Monitor Input Power 24 VDC, 6A
  AC Adapter Input Power 100 ~ 240 VAC, 50-60Hz
  Operating Temperature +32 ~ +122°F (0 ~ +50°C)
  Storage Temperature -4 ~ +140°F (-20 ~ +60°C)
  Operating Humidity 10-85%, non-condensing
  VESA Mount Size 100x100
  Panel Dimensions (no stand) 25.9" x 16.1" x 2.2" (659 x 410 x 57 mm)
  Weight 18.3 lbs. (8.3 Kg)
  Certifications UL listed (C+US), FCC, CE

Rakuten.com Shopping
Need a Rakuten.com Shopping coupon that earns Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

monitor
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

good deal - $450 + shipping, direct from Monoprice    (although the occasional Monoprice coupon might bring that down to the price they're currently offering via Rakuten)

jcerven said:   How about this for $349.00  Monoprice via MassDrop
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/monoprice-monitor?s=monoprice

that's the Zero-G (Monoprice # 10509), not their Glass Panel Pro (# 10489).  But that's a decent price for the Zero-G, if it includes shipping.

I was had not heard of glass panel monitor since CRTs and was wondering what the advantage was. Says this on Rakuten site: "Rather than exposing the panel to the elements, protected only by thin coating, this panel features a glossy glass laminate with an antiglare coating. The glass extends out almost to the edge of the bezel, presenting a nice, clean appearance."
Sounds nice. I want to see one in person.

anyone know if this can display full res over hdmi 1.4?

jumbles said:   anyone know if this can display full res over hdmi 1.4?

If you have at least HDMI 1.3 on the output device and input device, you can get up to 2560x1600.  HDMI 1.4 ups this to 4K x 2K.
Since the monitor claims 1.4, you should just have to verify your output device supports at least 1.3, and you should be good.  That is my understanding.

Think "iphone" without the touch functionality. It's the IPS bonded to glass resulting in very little internal glare, a brighter image, and since glass is very stiff there is less need for a bezel to support the screen.

rsiemens said:   
jumbles said:   anyone know if this can display full res over hdmi 1.4?

If you have at least HDMI 1.3 on the output device and input device, you can get up to 2560x1600.  HDMI 1.4 ups this to 4K x 2K.
Since the monitor claims 1.4, you should just have to verify your output device supports at least 1.3, and you should be good.  That is my understanding.

Thanks. That's my understanding as well. I've got my fingers crossed.
mikkeymagic said:   Think "iphone" without the touch functionality. It's the IPS bonded to glass resulting in very little internal glare, a brighter image, and since glass is very stiff there is less need for a bezel to support the screen.

So it sounds like the anti-glare coating is under the glass then?

Are these any good?

I see that they only carry a 1-year warranty

The CNET review was a bit negative too. 

Dells are more expensive but they have 3-y warranty

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014