• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
mypetpenny said:   I'm thrilled!  I just got the loyalty plan offer for unlimited talk, text and 2GB data for $60/month.  According to the representative I spoke with my employee discount stacks on this!  With employee discount it ends up totaling about 49/month, not including taxes etc.

I've been a loyal Verizon customer since 2007 and am off contract if that helps.

I would like to know this too. I was told the employee discount didn't stack with the offer. I guess you need to wait until your statement shows it does, as sometimes reps. make mistakes on what they tell you. If after getting your statement it shows you owe $49/month, let me know! 

noelandres said:   I've been a loyal Verizon customer since 2007 and am off contract if that helps.

I would like to know this too. I was told the employee discount didn't stack with the offer. I guess you need to wait until your statement shows it does, as sometimes reps. make mistakes on what they tell you. If after getting your statement it shows you owe $49/month, let me know!

It appears the employee discount does not stack on top:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/812316

Before: Wife on Droid Razr out of contract with unlimited data, Me on Droid Razr out of contract with 4 GB for the 2 GB price, MIL on Droid Razr with 2G, FIL with flip phone.
After: Wife on LG G2 with unlimited data, me on Galaxy S4 with unlimited data, MIL and FIL no change.

How it went down: Upgraded my and wife's phone with subsidy and was moved to share everything 6GB plan. Called to switch plans to loyalty plan as it would save us $30 a month (back to what we were paying originally). CS stated that was too much work and put us BOTH on unlimited plan for $24.99/month each, saving us roughly $20/month.

We've been with Verizon for 13 years.

So maybe the rep was mistaken. I will let you guys know if my bill does reflect the employee discount. Either way it's still a better deal without the employee discount compared to what I was on previously with the employee discount. My contract was extended for one year.

What's the best way to get this deal if one is currently not a Verizon wireless customer?
Verizon has the best coverage in my area, hands down. I was going to sign up anyway, so I was thinking to sign up without contract, then after X months try to switch.

my wife called Verizon, and they told her it's $60/month per line, is that right? the way I read it here is like $60/month for at least 2 phones. We have 2 phones and one tablet with Verizon, the plan is under her name, so I can't call myself.

richardyc said:   my wife called Verizon, and they told her it's $60/month per line, is that right? the way I read it here is like $60/month for at least 2 phones. We have 2 phones and one tablet with Verizon, the plan is under her name, so I can't call myself.

Your wife just needs to add you as an account manager and then you will be able to call and change plans also. 

Yes, it is $60 per line.  

I just switched over our 2 line shared plan to the Loyalty plans.  We were paying $70 (4GB shared) + $40 + $40 = $150.  Now we are only paying $60 + $60 = $120  

Thanks OP!!! Just saved me $38/month! Cut my wife's data from 4GB to 2GB, but she rarely uses more than 1GB/month. THANKS A MILLION!

How much are people paying after taxes and fees have been added in? I just got my new bill for around $73.

$2.99 of that is for Visual Voice Mail which I'm quite willing to pay for due to it being amazingly useful.

This is from MA, I have two $60 plans with INSURANCE and the total is $148/mo

Mine is about $63. I get visual voicemail included with my iPhone. I also have a separate Verizon Pre-Pay account for my iPad Air - $20/month (with $5 credited back each month it's paid via auto pay) for 1 GB/month (which is enough since I use wifi most of the time).

I wanted to say thank you to the OP for posting this thread. I changed my account over to the Loyalty Plan about a month ago and it's been working out really well. The CSR I spoke to on the phone was great - no problem at all switching over. I kind of smiled when he cautioned that they can't guarantee the cost after the one year term has passed, but hey, even if it goes back up to what it was with the share everything plan, I still got a whole year's worth of cheaper rates.

Athenakt said:   How much are people paying after taxes and fees have been added in? I just got my new bill for around $73.

$2.99 of that is for Visual Voice Mail which I'm quite willing to pay for due to it being amazingly useful.

mine is $68 and change with no extras. The funny thing is that my old plan was $30 before taxes/fees and $40 after

Shamus375PA said:   Before: Wife on Droid Razr out of contract with unlimited data, Me on Droid Razr out of contract with 4 GB for the 2 GB price, MIL on Droid Razr with 2G, FIL with flip phone.
After: Wife on LG G2 with unlimited data, me on Galaxy S4 with unlimited data, MIL and FIL no change.

How it went down: Upgraded my and wife's phone with subsidy and was moved to share everything 6GB plan. Called to switch plans to loyalty plan as it would save us $30 a month (back to what we were paying originally). CS stated that was too much work and put us BOTH on unlimited plan for $24.99/month each, saving us roughly $20/month.

First I've heard of anyone renewing their contract and keeping unlimited data.  I thought unlimited data was phased out and there was no way for the customer service reps to put anyone on it anymore.

jcantanixon said:   
Shamus375PA said:   Before: Wife on Droid Razr out of contract with unlimited data, Me on Droid Razr out of contract with 4 GB for the 2 GB price, MIL on Droid Razr with 2G, FIL with flip phone.

First I've heard of anyone renewing their contract and keeping unlimited data.  I thought unlimited data was phased out and there was no way for the customer service reps to put anyone on it anymore.

It's iffy - some business or gov't plans did keep unlimited data.  Also, a few months ago, renewals done via Amazon actually kept the unlimited data due to some loophole.  

Note that many reps are saying BS to the customers, and then they find out the 'real' deal after they get the bill.  This goes for those that were promised tethering or employee discounts with the loyalty plan.  You don't get either...

For shamus... so rep didn't know how to do it, so you settled to save $20 on each line vs saving $30 on each line?  That's $20 more a month you are paying due to a rep saying it was 'too difficult'...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014