• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

AYCE SHRIMP
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I ate there last Tuesday and thought it was very good. I tried the buffalo and fried.I had $14.99 sirloin and my only re... (more)

dollarshort (Sep. 13, 2013 @ 5:45p) |

Ah-Ha!  So you PITY THE FOOL that orders this shrimp!

Then your shrimp is better!  How?

Sonofspam (Sep. 14, 2013 @ 4:17a) |

There have been some problems with viruses with various Asian farmed shrimp regions.  A necrosis virus has decimated Vie... (more)

fbckids (Sep. 16, 2013 @ 8:11a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I regret I can only green this once

Dave

I love Outbacks regular steak & shrimp but this is not the normal shrimp. It's tiny, overcooked, & chews like rubberbands.

flylo said:   I love Outbacks regular steak & shrimp but this is not the normal shrimp. It's tiny, overcooked, & chews like rubberbands.

and you know this how? there are 3 different shrimp choices at the link. you've tried them all?

I went and tried all 3 = absolutely horrible!  I really like outback what what are they thinking/

MISTERCHEAP said:   
flylo said:   I love Outbacks regular steak & shrimp but this is not the normal shrimp. It's tiny, overcooked, & chews like rubberbands.
  I tried all 3 & they're all terrible.

and you know this how? there are 3 different shrimp choices at the link. you've tried them all?

MisterCheap have you had them?

sizzler is having similar deal for 9.99$$
both chains are advertising like crazy on national TV- are shrimp so cheap now?

prastogi said:   sizzler is having similar deal for 9.99$$

I suspect imported far-east shrimp are. If you're fortunate enough to get some from near Fukushima, they're probably even cheaper (and glow in the dark). 

For large, Gulf of Mexico shrimp, I recently paid $19/2lb bag (10-15 count), so shrimp from domestic waters are likely higher (ie...and not on Outback's shopping list). 

Of course, that's just my guess...

Logan71 said:   

I suspect imported far-east shrimp are. If you're fortunate enough to get some from near Fukushima, they're probably even cheaper (and glow in the dark). 

For large, Gulf of Mexico shrimp, I recently paid $19/2lb bag (10-15 count), so shrimp from domestic waters are likely higher (ie...and not on Outback's shopping list). 

yep, the good stuff in costco was expensive so i was wondering... 

Is it really true that you can shout out for more shrimp and they'll bring it to you? It says that on their page. I just don't wanna have to wait for my server to come around.

Logan71 said:   

Probably shipped to China...inspected and shipped back the 
good ole USA! Enjoy

Just went tonight. The shrimp was awful. Yes, I tried all 3. Golden Corral is much better.

Outback's lobster is ok, can't touch the shrimp there though.

was there tonight. debated to get this deal or not. opted not to; used a free chicken bites coupon instead. the reason i didn't get the shrimps was that this one does not come with a salad/soup whereas the regular steak does. Both come with a side.

The shrimps from outback probably from china, taste like rubber. China can make plastic rice, plastic sausages,and many other faking food products. Shrimps are not exception. Beware Chinese food products.

I also tried the shrimp, definitely not up to the quality I normally expect from Outback.  But, I pretty much give a thumbs-up to just about everything else I've tried there -- and I do appreciate your posting this deal MisterCheap!

Four of us ate there about five days ago, I live in Southern California..... The shrimp here were awesome, plump and cooked great, tried all three. The filet mignonette was cooked to perfection and yes...they just kept the shrimp coming. However, the price in California is $17.99 there is a coupon on line from CouponCabin but it is not valid in California. Three out of four of us ordered the same thing and we all enjoyed the shrimp.

This thread is full of laughs.

So much bad Engrish, you no eat da Shrimpie they poison you fat man, you go now,
No more, no, you leave, you here 4 hour eat da shrimp, no, go.

I love how Americans on this thread is calling another country's raising of seafood or any other seafood less inferior. Has anyone here seen how the US farm raise shrimp, seafood, or any animal for that matter? You guys are so ignorant.

I have had fish from asia, in my opinion it is inferior to wild caught US fish, same goes for the shrimp. But you are right about the farm raised stuff, I personally try to avoid it regardless of where its from.

TheSteelCurtain said:   I love how Americans on this thread is calling another country's raising of seafood or any other seafood less inferior. Has anyone here seen how the US farm raise shrimp, seafood, or any animal for that matter? You guys are so ignorant.
  And you know the people making these comments are Americans how?  Talk about ignorant!

I just like going to Outback so I have a chance to speak Austrian. 

Glad I'm not ignorant.

I like Outback's food so much better than Sizzler. Their apps are so good.

megeso725 said:   I like Outback's food so much better than Sizzler. Their apps are so good.
  Yes, but Android only

I'll second that the shrimp they are including is cr*p. I don't know if it's the same shrimp they use for their entrees, but if so I pity them. I don't think I have ever seen smaller shrimp. I ordered the buffalo shrimp and the scampi. The scampi was about two bites worth, and the buffalo shrimp was all breading (and no kick). It wasn't even worth the $4 upcharge versus buying the steak by itself, all-you-can-eat or not.

flylo said:   MisterCheap have you had them?
  Shrimp fight!  Shrimp fight!

I ate there last Tuesday and thought it was very good. I tried the buffalo and fried.I had $14.99 sirloin and my only regret was that I shouldn't have cheaped out and ordered the larger cut of meat instead.

bd said:   I'll second that the shrimp they are including is cr*p. I don't know if it's the same shrimp they use for their entrees, but if so I pity them. I don't think I have ever seen smaller shrimp. I ordered the buffalo shrimp and the scampi. The scampi was about two bites worth, and the buffalo shrimp was all breading (and no kick). It wasn't even worth the $4 upcharge versus buying the steak by itself, all-you-can-eat or not.

Ah-Ha!  So you PITY THE FOOL that orders this shrimp!

Then your shrimp is better!  How?

There have been some problems with viruses with various Asian farmed shrimp regions.  A necrosis virus has decimated Vietnamese breeder shrimp, and white spot virus has appeared in other areas.  Astute seafood brokers may be using these issues to negotiate better prices on smaller shrimp, as farmers pull their crops early lest they be affected by these viral issues.

BTW, there have been some great prices on both wild US Gulf shrimp and US farmed catfish over the past month, and yes, they do taste much better than their farmed Asian counterparts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014