Disclaimer

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

ZombieHunter (Oct. 06, 2013 @ 6:32p) |

Yes

ZombieHunter (Oct. 06, 2013 @ 6:32p) |

ok cool, it is dark blue

DirkDIggler (Oct. 06, 2013 @ 6:46p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Link for micro did not work for me. Maybe this will work:
http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdirect/straighttalk/PlanList.d... 
One question, if using I phone 4s (4G but NOT LTE capable) is this micro card fine or I better take the regular micro card?

I mostly only use voice calls. Is Straight Talk vs. Lycamobile, which one is better? Both have good coverage in my area. Thanks.

They used to have these before the long hiatus of not having them.

Just microsim?

pianomaster said:   Link for micro did not work for me. Maybe this will work:
One question, if using I phone 4s (4G but NOT LTE capable) is this micro card fine or I better take the regular micro card?

There is no regular card any longer. The LTE card is the only one. If you don't have LTE, it will still work with 4G, and 3G.

Yes, it'll work in your phone and you'll get 4G.

cant wait for my att contract to finish... 2 Q's...
1. anyone know if this micro sim card has an expiry as in "needs to be activated" by date? I can pick it up now
2. can the att phone number be ported to Straight Talk?

TIA

ZombieHunter said:   

There is no regular card. The LTE card is the only one. If you don't have LTE, it will still work with 4G, and 3G.

The question I have is: I have StraightTalk for 10 months now.  I wonder if I have to buy this sim card to get 4G LTE?  Currently, I am getting 4G on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

BTW, I have great coverage both voice and internet.

This was discovered only days ago. There is still much to be discovered through actual user experience. No one knows yet how to identify if that SIM you might have just recently purchased will give lte.  Here is the best forum for info:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1810094-ST-now-suppor... 

Thank you op. I've been meaning to look into this service for sometime now. 

Free Shipping?
Disclaimer
Anyone else having $4.95 tacked on for shipping even though "Free FedEx 3 Day" shipping is selected?

"Free Overnight Shipping when you buy a SIM or SIM bundle (SIM + airtime card) $6.99 or greater. This offer is only available with the purchase of any SIM and/or SIM & airtime card bundle through September 30 2013."

qqzj said:   I mostly only use voice calls. Is Straight Talk vs. Lycamobile, which one is better? Both have good coverage in my area. Thanks.
 Lycamobile $29 Unlimited National Plan would work better. you also get some international credit.
advantage with Straight Talk is that you can get sim from any service provider
if you had a sim locked phone

i have an ATT ST sim card already,does that mean LTE will not work unless i buy this one? i have an iphone5 will which uses nano sim. i have to get it cut right?

Unlike StraightTalk, Lycamobile has decent customer service.

Lycamobile has no MMS.

To get free shipping, select Overnight shipping and the $14.99 will be refunded before check out. Counter intuitive, but it works.

HappyGuy said:   Lycamobile has no MMS.
  MMS? It's 2013! Anyway, ST has robust voice but fairly slow data service. Their LTE or even 4G feels like 3G. But it works most of the times and that's nationwide. Customer service is pretty bad but I haven't encountered any catastrophic issue in my 15 months of service. Just annoyances like slow Internet. In short: you get what you paid for. 

Biggest difference between ST and LM is complete roaming being offered by LM. Meaning: you can place and receive calls when you're physically abroad (at a massively increased rate though). LM is also disclosing their "unlimited" mobile Internet thresholds before they slow you own. According to some discussion groups, ST is starting to get angry at about 2GByte/month and there have been cases of service termination when you exceed this (or have been caught tethering a lot). 

HappyGuy said:   Lycamobile has no MMS.

Marriage-Minded Singles?

How do they know?  Do you have to fill out a questionnaire before getting service?  What if you lie?

ManuFact said:   Anyone else having $4.95 tacked on for shipping even though "Free FedEx 3 Day" shipping is selected?

"Free Overnight Shipping when you buy a SIM or SIM bundle (SIM + airtime card) $6.99 or greater. This offer is only available with the purchase of any SIM and/or SIM & airtime card bundle through September 30 2013."

Did you buy a Sim and $45 card? I got free shipping.

NEDeals said:   To get free shipping, select Overnight shipping and the $14.99 will be refunded before check out. Counter intuitive, but it works.
(Facepalm)

All right StraightTalk, you get a pass this time for good behavior up to this point.

Thank you NEDeals + OP.

alhluu said:   
ZombieHunter said:   

There is no regular card. The LTE card is the only one. If you don't have LTE, it will still work with 4G, and 3G.

The question I have is: I have StraightTalk for 10 months now.  I wonder if I have to buy this sim card to get 4G LTE?  Currently, I am getting 4G on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

They have the microsd card or the sdcard, nothing special about them. If you already have a ST card for your phone, and you are using ST, it depends on your location what the towers give you. No need to buy anything else... 

mwalker208 said:   
alhluu said:   
ZombieHunter said:   

They have the microsd card or the sdcard, nothing special about them. If you already have a ST card for your phone, and you are using ST, it depends on your location what the towers give you. No need to buy anything else... 

???? MicroSD / SD????

Anyway, 10 months ago they didn't have the LTE SIM cards, so you will have to buy a new one, if you want/need LTE over HSPA+

onlypinkfloyd said:   cant wait for my att contract to finish... 2 Q's...
1. anyone know if this micro sim card has an expiry as in "needs to be activated" by date? I can pick it up now
2. can the att phone number be ported to Straight Talk?

TIA

1. No, you can buy and activate anytime
2. Yes, you can port from AT&T

NEDeals said:   To get free shipping, select Overnight shipping and the $14.99 will be refunded before check out. Counter intuitive, but it works.
  My FREE "Overnight" shipping is expected on the 13th... Gotta love Straight Talk.

ST is the worst. While they may have LTE, you don't get access to post-paid APNs. I got tired of getting "no connection" errors with full bars, multiple times a day.

Their militant governance of data use (to ensure you aren't streaming) is a joke. $30 TMo plan is far superior, LTE and all. Yes, coverage, etc, but if you don't live in Montana, it's fine.

This is just another attempt for ST to build a better mouse trap. The policing of data will continue and frustrate everyone, eventually.

Thanks OP
  This free shipping worked for me, thanks.

I use MMS in 2013, frequently in fact; it's very fluid to use in Jellybean's messaging app (cap photo from within messages) and many don't check their email nearly as fast as MMS. I know I don't. Hell, I get so tired of emails sometimes that I usually just leave sync off anymore, MUCH better battery life anyway (for us non-note2 uber battery smartphones).

i checked out Lyca though. I'd be somewhere (data wise) between 29 and 49 price plans. both seem a tad overpriced tho.

if 49 and lyca and they throttle at 1GB or ST at 45 and throttle at 2, how is Lyca better? Please someone, don't say Customer Service. Sheesh, if I cared about customer service, I'd be on Verizon proper or similar.

Ordered 2, thankx OP! Now if we could just get Google to incorporate micro SD on nexus 5! NEED 64GB minimum w/ out 64 internal price tag!

coolbreeze said:   ST is the worst. While they may have LTE, you don't get access to post-paid APNs. I got tired of getting "no connection" errors with full bars, multiple times a day.

Their militant governance of data use (to ensure you aren't streaming) is a joke. $30 TMo plan is far superior, LTE and all. Yes, coverage, etc, but if you don't live in Montana, it's fine.

This is just another attempt for ST to build a better mouse trap. The policing of data will continue and frustrate everyone, eventually.

can u link the 30 plan at t-mo? i often see this mentioned but I can never find it myself. i woud like to compare.

edit: never mind, found it. they way they list plans on prepaid page is counter intuitive.but yeah, that plan just doesn't cut it for most. 100 minutes is really light voice req. i have higher voice needs than data, when on the go. VoIP apps don't come w/o baggage.

coolbreeze said:   ST is the worst. While they may have LTE, you don't get access to post-paid APNs. I got tired of getting "no connection" errors with full bars, multiple times a day.

I've enjoyed Straight Talk for two years with no problems (With the GSM Bring your own phone, you are even able to roam). As for T-mo...ha, I actually like using my phone outside of the city limits and like having more than 100 minutes. Good luck with T-mo.

i will need to cut 1 to nano size for iphone 5s, but I don't know how the hell it can be done. Looking at this picture, the lines are different.

http://todaysiphone.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

hakujin said:   i will need to cut 1 to nano size for iphone 5s, but I don't know how the hell it can be done. Looking at this picture, the lines are different.

http://todaysiphone.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2...

buy a sim cutter on eBay for $4, it helps alot

ST is awesome best service I found so far! tmobile sucks here I tired used tmbolie towers on ST and Net10 1 bar everywhere u got and a lot of dead zones.

FnA so ST is now got LTE so I ordered the micro sim last night when I get this do I just activate it and put it in my phone or do I need new Straight Talk APN settings to use the 4g LTE?

And if I need new APN settings can some one post them here.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIM adapter that accepts a micro SIM so it can be used in a mini SIM (original size) phone?

hakujin said:   
i checked out Lyca though. I'd be somewhere (data wise) between 29 and 49 price plans. both seem a tad overpriced tho.

You might want to look at AirVoice. $30 gets you unlimited voice/text/mms and 100mb data. $40/mo gives 1gb data. Also, data overage on either plan is only 2.5˘/mb ($2.50/100mb), so the $30 plan works well even if you go over by a couple hundred mb.

sounds worth a shot. but looking at their website, no idea who they pull off of. ATT? T-MO? LTE?

~$43/mo ain't too shabby for ST.

NEDeals said:   Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIM adapter that accepts a micro SIM so it can be used in a mini SIM (original size) phone?
  Yes, these are awesome and fit perfectly.
ebay  item 151079159198

koopons said:   ST is awesome best service I found so far! tmobile sucks here I tired used tmbolie towers on ST and Net10 1 bar everywhere u got and a lot of dead zones.

FnA so ST is now got LTE so I ordered the micro sim last night when I get this do I just activate it and put it in my phone or do I need new Straight Talk APN settings to use the 4g LTE?

And if I need new APN settings can some one post them here.

You have to transfer the SIM card, and can do it online...
Click Here
The APN's are different, so follow the ones that come with your new card.

ZombieHunter said:   
NEDeals said:   Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIM adapter that accepts a micro SIM so it can be used in a mini SIM (original size) phone?
  Yes, these are awesome and fit perfectly.
ebay   item 151079159198

Thanks but that adapter is for nano -> mini.  I'm buying the Straight Talk micro SIM and will need to use it in a mini SIM phone for a while (with an adapter), eventually switching to a micro SIM phone. 

Skipping 71 Messages...
ZombieHunter said:   
DirkDIggler said:   is there a way to tell if the sim does LTE on att without putting it in the phone or activating? I got the 60.00 starter pack from WalMart that had the regular size tmobile (pink) and att (blue) sim.
  The At&t SIM should be DARK blue, not baby blue.

ok cool, it is dark blue

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014