• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
NEDeals said:   
ZombieHunter said:   
NEDeals said:   Does anyone have a recommendation for a SIM adapter that accepts a micro SIM so it can be used in a mini SIM (original size) phone?
  Yes, these are awesome and fit perfectly.
ebay        item 151079159198

Thanks but that adapter is for nano -> mini.  I'm buying the Straight Talk micro SIM and will need to use it in a mini SIM phone for a while (with an adapter), eventually switching to a micro SIM phone. 

Don't let the name fool you,  It has three different adapters in the package... including one that fits a micro to make a mini. I used that one (Bottom one in package). Read the description and/or watch the video
1x Nano SIM to Micro SIM adapter 
1x Nano SIM to SIM adapter
1x Micro SIM to SIM adapter

I don't know why everyone loves Tmobile, they must never leave the one zone in their town that has service. I live in NJ fairly close to Newark/Elizabeth and near several major highways and Tmobile service is horrible. It should be awesome in my area and if you look at the map it says that it is, but it is not. Even in NYC where is should be fantastic it is not, one of my co-workers had Tmobile and lives in NYC and he hated it he switched to Verizon. Granted going to Verizon is not the cheapest and I refuse to pay Verizon or ATT post paid prices, I am thinking of a gophone or aio.

Raistlin said:   I don't know why everyone loves Tmobile, they must never leave the one zone in their town that has service. I live in NJ fairly close to Newark/Elizabeth and near several major highways and Tmobile service is horrible. It should be awesome in my area and if you look at the map it says that it is, but it is not. Even in NYC where is should be fantastic it is not, one of my co-workers had Tmobile and lives in NYC and he hated it he switched to Verizon. Granted going to Verizon is not the cheapest and I refuse to pay Verizon or ATT post paid prices, I am thinking of a gophone or aio.
  It's just the T-Mo cheerleaders here on FW. They will invade every cell thread with how great it is and how great 100 minutes is for $30. T-mo coverage is really really bad overall. Ignore them.

Will getting this new sim make any difference if I have an iPhone 4? What about a 4s?

When T-Mobile service is good, it is really good. When it sucks it sucks. I use it (HSPA 14) and have great data speeds. But if you are out in the sticks, it falls to edge speeds. Ok for calls, but not data. In some areas they allow roaming to AT&T (e.g. rural Utah), but only voice for prepaid. You really have to check if it meets your needs. If it does, it is a great value, in my opinion.

ZombieHunter said:   Don't let the name fool you,  It has three different adapters in the package... including one that fits a micro to make a mini. I used that one (Bottom one in package). Read the description and/or watch the video
1x Nano SIM to Micro SIM adapter 
1x Nano SIM to SIM adapter
1x Micro SIM to SIM adapter

Bought one, thanks! I love these cheap Chinese electronic accessories, they always are so RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP, like wholesale! Now come on Nexus 5 and IP5S ordering, I can't wait to jump aboard! RIP External microSD phones

Be prepared to get throttled , even if you use only like 300 Meg's a month. Worst service ever, just saying .

If I don't like the speed, I'll go check out the competition. But I'm not a big data heavy consumer on the go so hopefully it will be a non issue for me. Stream Subsonic while hill trail running (hopefully, the signal is better than Sprint; wouldn't even attempt to use if Nexus 5 had decent priced 64GB model) & on the road (seldom, time wise), myTracks, Navi, light browsing, Messaging, Talk, Yelp, FB, Gmail, Calendar, dropbox lists - THAT'S IT, I desire no more!

blackbrutha said:   Be prepared to get throttled , even if you use only like 300 Meg's a month. Worst service ever, just saying .
  That is just plain false... and have been an actual user for 2 years

ezland00 said:   i have an ATT ST sim card already,does that mean LTE will not work unless i buy this one? i have an iphone5 will which uses nano sim. i have to get it cut right?

I will like to know answer to these questions also

Thanks in Advance

Roism said:   
ezland00 said:   i have an ATT ST sim card already,does that mean LTE will not work unless i buy this one? i have an iphone5 will which uses nano sim. i have to get it cut right?

Thanks in Advance

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1810094-ST-now-supports-LTE?p=15229037#post15229037 

According to other users, their old sim cards work, but they had to update their APN settings... thank you zombiehunter for being so rude when I suggested this the other day. Do you work for ST?

mwalker208 said:   
Roism said:   

Thanks in Advance

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1810094-ST-now-supports-LTE?p=15229037#post15229037       

According to other users, their old sim cards work, but they had to update their APN settings... thank you zombiehunter for being so rude when I suggested this the other day. Do you work for ST?

Rude??? Really? I was correcting your error, because they are SIM cards are NOT microsd cards.. you're welcome..
I do not work for Straight Talk, I am a customer of two years, and now an LTE SIM user.... Here is the real truth.... The new LTE SIM will work with the old settings, BUT you will not get LTE, you need to update the APN to the new settings that come with the new LTE card.... I tried the NEW LTE APN in my phone before switching to the LTE SIM and the settings did NOT work, and i actually lost my data and SMS capabilities.
I TRIED these settings, and I am a real user... I anyone has any questions, please ask, I will answer with actual user info.

Oh, and as for that thread.... I've previously posted in there as well under another name.... so read that thread again about the settings....

NEDeals said:   When T-Mobile service is good, it is really good. When it sucks it sucks. I use it (HSPA 14) and have great data speeds. But if you are out in the sticks, it falls to edge speeds. Ok for calls, but not data. In some areas they allow roaming to AT&T (e.g. rural Utah), but only voice for prepaid. You really have to check if it meets your needs. If it does, it is a great value, in my opinion.

But that is my point, I don't live in the sticks and their service is not so great. I have compared AT&T to Tmo in my area and get frustrated with the Tmo service. 

with ST ATT having LTE now, there seems little reason to go w/ the t-mo card. same price for less.

I now see what I had typed... I was searching for a 64gb sd card at the time I came across this thread, lol. Anyway, I have had a micro sim card a few months old in a Galaxy S4, it works for me, bought nothing new... suppose ymmv

I got it for $.99 at eBay.

$43/mo is pretty good for ST

I order my sim sat night and still haven't got it I used overnight ship but nothings came in I thought over night was here the next day so I should had it yesterday and even today. any one else got there sim? and if so what carrier do they use usps or fedex or ups cause usps ran today and had nothing so unless its comeing from fedex or ups then I don't know what the hold up is.

koopons said:   I order my sim sat night and still haven't got it I used overnight ship but nothings came in I thought over night was here the next day so I should had it yesterday and even today. any one else got there sim? and if so what carrier do they use usps or fedex or ups cause usps ran today and had nothing so unless its comeing from fedex or ups then I don't know what the hold up is.

If you ordered something on a Saturday night, why would you expect it to magically arrive on a Monday?  You seem confused about the shipping option that you requested.  Did you choose Fedex Overnight?  If so, they use Fedex,. not via USPS or UPS. 

Order processing doesn't happen on the weekends, and neither does normal Fedex overnight delivery.  Check your order.  It likely shipped on Monday and you will receive it on Tuesday if Fedex Overnight shipping was selected.  If nobody is available to sign for the package, you will not receive the package since it is sent "Signature Required." 

I choosed overnight not sure which carrier it said and like I said it should be here today regardless of any excuse u have about the weekend. Will know as the night approaches rather or not it comes cause so far nothing came today

I ordered Saturday and expected it to ship Monday to get here Today.  Guess what?  Still processing.  WORST shipping ever.

dstemper said:   I ordered Saturday and expected it to ship Monday to get here Today.  Guess what?  Still processing.  WORST shipping ever.
  Yes, they do have one of the worst shipping methods ever... They may say overnight, and you will get it overnight, but it doesn't say which night it's shipping... Also, YOU have to be home to sign for the delivery, they will NOT leave it, nor will they hold it at a FedEx location for pickup.... They require signed home delivery from FedEx.....

I ordered 2 micro sims Sunday morning and order status still "processing". I called CS and was transferred to a manager and was placed on hold at least 4 times by the manager. Finally she said they must be out of stock. lol;  She did not know this but assumed that must be the issue. Payment had been processed and sims would be shipped soon.

Truth is their CS blows, but once you get it setup, the service is great.  I been a customer over a year (ATT S3) and average 1-2GB per month data.  Never an issue, excellent coverage and good data speed(usually 4-8MB).  I would like to get LTE data though.

Mine ever came nether the bstards better not be OOS cause they done took the money off my card. Im going to be pissed if I have to buy another inflated sim card off eBay >< alrdy paid $45 bucks for the att micro sim that im using now on ST cause ST no longer sold them on there site and the supply and demand on eBay.

I ordered an AT&T compatible SIM on Saturday. Received an email from Straight Talk Monday morning with shipping confirmation. Received phone call from FedEx 800 number on Monday evening advising me that I had a shipment pending tomorrow that would require a signature.

Fedex delivered package between 9 and 10 Tuesday morning. (I had it sent to a location with someone there to receive it full time).

Package includes a nice folder to hold instructions and a slot to hold SIM card but they just threw everything in an envelope. Will activate in future, currently have paid service operating.

never got no shipping confirmation here so guess I will have to call them up tomorrow see what the hold up is

My new speeds, after getting the new LTE SIM, are amazing... was 4ish before, now it's typically 17mbps, and I live on the fringe of the LTE area

ZombieHunter said:   My new speeds, after getting the new LTE SIM, are amazing... was 4ish before, now it's typically 17mbps, and I live on the fringe of the LTE area
Was it easy to switch to the new SIM?

I got my new sim yesterday and installed np..all online in a few minutes. It says LTE, but the speeds are similar to the HSPA I was getting. 5-10MB. Small sample size as I was home all night and didn't try anywhere else. Will see today if there is really much difference. The website did leave the old sim card on my account and I assume it can be reactivated if needed..

Paulaji99 said:   
ZombieHunter said:   My new speeds, after getting the new LTE SIM, are amazing... was 4ish before, now it's typically 17mbps, and I live on the fringe of the LTE area

I did it online and it took about 1 minute. As soon as I hit submit, it brought you to the settings page. Follow the directions for APN settings, which took another minute, and you are done. Quick!

got my sim in and still cant get it going. I called the 855 # and activated sim but its saying some crap about (sim not provisioned MM#2)and I called them about 4 times today trying to get this dam thing working. How long did it take u guys when they switched the service from your old sim to the new one cause its been all day and still didn't work and my old sim is still active

It shouldn't take long. Maybe they are upset for calling them bstards?

got mine: fedex

NEDeals said:   It shouldn't take long. Maybe they are upset for calling them bstards?
  I called them worse names on the phone then that but I had speak it in Arabic so they would understand me lol........... na I should had but I let it be I beginning to think the problem was I reg it online so its treat it as a new sim which needs mins and have a new number. I should had called from the gekgo and had it setup over customer service

---

ZombieHunter said:   
Paulaji99 said:   

I did it online and it took about 1 minute. As soon as I hit submit, it brought you to the settings page. Follow the directions for APN settings, which took another minute, and you are done. Quick!

Thanks. When I originally signed up (Nokia E71)they had issues with getting my SIM working. I never had to call them since then. Its been few years now.
So you log in to online account and add the new SIM?

little help from st users please, i have pageplus now, i want to keep my verizon towers how can i get on the $45 unlimited plan? are there any plans for verizon lte too?

bump

orion19981 said:   little help from st users please, i have pageplus now, i want to keep my verizon towers how can i get on the $45 unlimited plan? are there any plans for verizon lte too?
  No LTE Verizon on Straight Talk. You can buy a Straight Talk phone that uses the Verizon network, or Limited Bring your own Verizon phone, but you won't get LTE.

www.straighttalkbyop.com

T-Mobile Cheerleader here: I live in Houston, arguably a major metro. (Save it, Texas haters) and I have had good results. YMMV.

There are MVNOs that DO include data/talk/text roaming on AT&T and more, you just have to look for them.

I expect we will see some very soon with LTE as well. My S4 is ready for that. Having said that, I've gotten about 2/3rds the speed of LTE with DC-HSPA. 12 megabytes a second is plenty fast and saves battery. And you don't have to pay T-Mo prices. Yes, it can get even cheaper.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014