• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Signin
Disclaimer
Link    
add to cart for 99.95 - coupon + Free shipping =  79.95 (Final)
coupon: 135235   (for $20)
above coupon is for new members, please find some more below,
1) BOFA Cash Back deal($10 refund), if you have BOFA credit/debit card,
    please login to your a/c & go to Cash Back deals tab & load the offer & use that card.
2) $10 Off $50 Sitewide  FALL10OFF50 $10 Off Your Next $50 Purchase! Expires on 09/30/2013     (Thanks to MISTERCHEAP)

Member Summary

Nokia Lumia 521
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Does everything I need also, will be going to tmobile and unlocking mine shortly.

althes (Oct. 05, 2013 @ 10:28a) |

For those that live near a Microsoft Store and have not pulled the trigger on the Lumia 521, check out this Hot Deal Thr... (more)

FatMoneyClip (Oct. 06, 2013 @ 11:45a) |

Use the phone for few days. everything is good except the battery life. it will out of battery after 4-6 hours surf.
It c... (more)

jessesally (Oct. 07, 2013 @ 7:30p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hmmm. History repeats itself? Picked up one on the "Oh, that code wasn't supposed to work on electronics" sale a couple of months back.

Logan71 said:   Hmmm. History repeats itself? Picked up one on the "Oh, that code wasn't supposed to work on electronics" sale a couple of months back.
  i din't get you, do u mean the code didn't work.
i ordered one for myself before posting & it worked for me...

pradeepkrcv said:   
Logan71 said:   Hmmm. History repeats itself? Picked up one on the "Oh, that code wasn't supposed to work on electronics" sale a couple of months back.
  i din't get you, do u mean the code didn't work.
i ordered one for myself before posting & it worked for me...

I'm talking about a previous FW posting that many were able to get, but some were not. 

Link

How to get free shipping?

5% at SHOP DISCOVER Cash Back

whats the feedback on this phone? is it pretty functional and useful compared to androids?

Code didnt work for me, existing account.

sandy05 said:   How to get free shipping?

going thru the shopdiscover portal gave me free ship!! $84 with tax shipped after $20 coupon.

sandy05 said:   How to get free shipping?
if you have BOFA cash rewards card, there is a Cash Back deal of $10 for shopping at HSN using registered credit card.

just login to BOFA online account > click on Cash Back deals > load HSN deal to your card

beachfitrob said:   Code didnt work for me, existing account.

try this $10 Off $50 Sitewide  FALL10OFF50 $10 Off Your Next $50 Purchase! Expires on 09/30/2013

returned HTC titan and jump into this one, $85.75 shipped.
Thanks OP!

Screen Shot = Free Ship and $20 off New Customer
Disclaimer
final cost screenshot

note: used shopdiscover and paypal as payment.

MISTERCHEAP said:   final cost screenshot

note: used shopdiscover and paypal as payment.

Hmm, lucky u
 but HSN didn't charge any tax for me (i live in Oklahoma)

....this worked out perfect for me...just over 80 bucks including tax and free ship, with $20 off......perfect deal! (didn't use shopdiscover and didn't use paypal)......just went in after agreeing to a 15% discount link sent to e-mail (I think that got the free ship)...then changed the code to $20 off posted by op)

If you are not seeing free shipping, try this "TRICK".....

add TWO phones to your cart, ship will be free, at checkout screen, delete one of the two phone off your order, shipping will still be free. (from an SD poster)

I got free shipping just going through the link above; no tax or shipping, plus I assume I will get the $10 off for using a BOA debit card (I had no idea there were deals for debit cards so thanks for the extra ten bucks)! Great deal OP; I've been looking for a T-Mobile phone w/wifi calling for awhile now.

Also didn't work: FALL10OFF50

clb4g9 said:   I've been looking for a T-Mobile phone w/wifi calling for awhile now.

Just get Android and GrooveIP Pro. Solved.

T-mo is mentioned a bunch. Is the phone locked?

Edit: Ok - some searches seem to indicate it is, and that getting it unlocked requires convincing T-mo you are going "overseas" and activating it before to jump through their hoops.  Seems like a lot of work with no certainty of success.  hmph.

beachfitrob said:   
clb4g9 said:   I've been looking for a T-Mobile phone w/wifi calling for awhile now.

Just get Android and GrooveIP Pro. Solved.

That app only works so-so.

Great phone. I bought it a few months back for $120 and have enjoyed it (coming from an Android device).  

App selection is a bit limited compared to Android / iOS, but the ecosystem is growing.  The Nokia-specific apps that the phone comes with are a solid starting point.

Phone has a low-resolution screen compared to most new devices, but Windows Phone is very snappy as a result, even with the limited amount of RAM the phone offers.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

I have this phone too and paid $120 about a month ago. At this price it is well worth it. I tried the coupon code in the OP and it would work for me if I wanted to order. I won't because there's really no point though. But the phone is real nice. Snapped a cheap case on it and I'm good to go.

I needed a phone ASAP after my one phone was water damaged. So I ordered this phone since it was the best deal I could find with 1-day shipping from Amazon.

Very pleased with the phone so far. Definitely need a cover for it right away though. I don't think I'd even be charged tax or shipping either. Too bad I already have mine. I do get 5% rebate for HSN too so it'd maybe be $76. I also may be able to do the BofA deal but not sure if I have the right card, I know I can add rewards but not sure if they actually apply or not.

jimbobob said:   App selection is a bit limited compared to Android / iOS, but the ecosystem is growing.  The Nokia-specific apps that the phone comes with are a solid starting point.

People have been saying this daily for the past few years. Call me pessimistic, but the platform is on life support. It just doesn't measure up to what will be soon 2014 and everyone's fervent addiction to high quality apps for every little "need."

Nothing compares to this phone for the money....NOTHING.  If you don't need 100 fart apps you will get everything you need to be functional.   GPS maps is the best, phone is fast, fluid and easy to use.  Every single Android phone locks up several times a day and must be rebooted.  You will love it.....

coolbreeze said:   
jimbobob said:   App selection is a bit limited compared to Android / iOS, but the ecosystem is growing.  The Nokia-specific apps that the phone comes with are a solid starting point.

People have been saying this daily for the past few years. Call me pessimistic, but the platform is on life support. It just doesn't measure up to what will be soon 2014 and everyone's fervent addiction to high quality apps for every little "need."

My children have an app addiction and consequently they have iPhones and iPods. My son used to have Android phones but he would always complain about them crashing. My wife and I have the Windows Phones and couldn't be happier. They have never crashed, rarely need to be rebooted and have a good selection of apps for social networking and photo enhancements. The social media integration is awesome as are the search and voice activation technologies. The maps are pretty good as are the Nokia custom applications. It seems to me that for the "over 20" crowd who isn't constantly installing and removing apps, that Windows Phone provides an excellent selection of solid apps to suit most, if not all needs.

It's ironic how the selling point for Apple today is the application ecosystem when, for the longest time, the Apple desktop platform suffered from comparison with Windows and the differentiator for Apple was that their desktops were more intuitive and "cool". because they weren't following the crowd. Seems like Windows Phone is the one not following the crowd now and the UI is definitely more engaging and intuitive than IOS IMHO.

as if you tried every single android phones in the world  People need to stop making blanket statements like that. I have lg optimus g and it had never locked up, on the other hand I had nokia 920 which was a great phone, other than dust getting under front camera lens, but it went completely dead twice on me, had to hard reset to get it working again. 

For this price I might buy one as a backup 

You mean to say that we can get this only for $69 after using your coupon code? That sounds good and I think this is a good offer. I think I would take this.

I will say the app selection on WIndows Phone is limited but you should be able to get all the apps you need. They are always adding more too hut it's a slow process. I'm able to do all I need to. Only app I wish I had but can't find is a CBS Fantasy Sports App.

And, you do not have to get the $50 plan that is stated in the offer and on the box. T-Mobile has 2 great $30/month plans.  (Scroll to the bottom of the plans. The $30 ones do not stick out. They are in black.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

I found the best case for it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Lumia-521-T-Stand-Kickstand/dp/B00D31NIY8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379156872&sr=8-2&keywords=Nokia+lumia+521+case

Love this phone!

HEADS UP!!

If you ordered last night and paid shipping, HSN is refunding the shipping charge via chat since the price has changed to free ship on this deal.

If you paid shipping, it's easy to get it refunded via HSN chat:

Angela: Hi!
akapla01: good morning.
Angela: Good Morning! How may I help you today?
akapla01: i ordered a phone yesterday with $9.95 shipping
akapla01: a few hours later, shipping was changed to free shipping.
akapla01: can you credit back the $9.95 shipping charge?
akapla01: Order# xxxx
Angela: Oh wow! I am so sorry that the shipping was reduced. I can certainly try! Give me just a moment to see what options we have.
Angela: Thank you for your patience! I do see that the shipping should have been free to begin with. Give me just a moment to review our refund options. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
akapla01: thanks
Angela: Good news, I was able to issue you a refund of $9.95 to your Discover card. You will see this in about 72 hours!
Angela: I am glad that I could help! May I assist you with anything further today?
akapla01: nothing else - thanks for your help

MISTERCHEAP said:   HEADS UP!!

If you ordered last night and paid shipping, HSN is refunding the shipping charge via chat since the price has changed to free ship on this deal.

Angela: Oh wow! I am so sorry that the shipping was reduced. I can certainly try! Give me just a moment to see what options we have.
Angela: Thank you for your patience! I do see that the shipping should have been free to begin with. Give me just a moment to review our refund options. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
Angela: Good news, I was able to issue you a refund of $9.95 to your Discover card. You will see this in about 72 hours!
Angela: I am glad that I could help! May I assist you with anything further today?

YMMV as multiple people over a Bens and SD  aare reporting HSN reps are stating no refunds on S&H if you ordered this phone before today and used the $20 off coupon as the free S&H on this phone s a daily deal and cannot be combined with the $20 coupon.. Some are getting a $9.95 store creditfor future pruchases but it appears to be the best available that as of this post. Also where is a HSN chat option on their site?

ViveLeRoi said:   
coolbreeze said:   

My children have an app addiction and consequently they have iPhones and iPods. My son used to have Android phones but he would always complain about them crashing. My wife and I have the Windows Phones and couldn't be happier. They have never crashed, rarely need to be rebooted and have a good selection of apps for social networking and photo enhancements. The social media integration is awesome as are the search and voice activation technologies. The maps are pretty good as are the Nokia custom applications. It seems to me that for the "over 20" crowd who isn't constantly installing and removing apps, that Windows Phone provides an excellent selection of solid apps to suit most, if not all needs.

It's ironic how the selling point for Apple today is the application ecosystem when, for the longest time, the Apple desktop platform suffered from comparison with Windows and the differentiator for Apple was that their desktops were more intuitive and "cool". because they weren't following the crowd. Seems like Windows Phone is the one not following the crowd now and the UI is definitely more engaging and intuitive than IOS IMHO.

One of the reasons that there are fewer apps in the Windows Store  vs other platforms is that Windows store app qualification and testing process to sell an app in their app store is far more extensive than the Google Play or IOS .Also Windows store app versions usually have more features and include free upgrades if the author releases a new version of an app within 30 days of purchase. That is reason that Windows App store versions generally cost more than the same app on Android or IOS.counterparts

For those that don't know, all the features on this Nokia 521 with the exception of  T-Mobile phone calling can be used over Wifi without any service activation from T-Mobile . This is one of the few smart phones that allows access to the phone's smart platform out fo the box  without service activation or extensive hacking. For  $80 plus tax you get a what equates to a 4" WifI Windows 8 mobile tablet.

cnIsfg said:   

YMMV as multiple people over a Bens and SD  aare reporting HSN reps are stating no refunds on S&H if you ordered this phone before today and used the $20 off coupon as the free S&H on this phone s a daily deal and cannot be combined with the $20 coupon.. Some are getting a $9.95 store creditfor future pruchases but it appears to be the best available that as of this post. Also where is a HSN chat option on their site?

don't know, shared post from an SD poster. assume it's under the support/contact us section. And if they won't refund, then see if you can cancel order and just reorder. Pretty stupid of them not to refund when the price changed just hours later. The $20 coupon has nothing to do with the free ship deal, that's a BS excuse. I got this $20 off AND free ship.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
cnIsfg said:   

don't know, shared post from an SD poster. assume it's under the support/contact us section. And if they won't refund, then see if you can cancel order and just reorder. Pretty stupid of them not to refund when the price changed just hours later. The $20 coupon has nothing to do with the free ship deal, that's a BS excuse. I got this $20 off AND free ship.

EDIT I found the online chat link here. However, it is not available on their general publie website without a HSN account and then logging in andgoing to order details and clicking the chat link. Also, if you simply cancel your order and order again you cannot reuse the $20 coupon without a new shipping address as HSN ties their coupons to the shipping address and not an HSN account as they don't require an HSN account to buy on their site.

cnIsfg said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
cnIsfg said:   

As far as I am aware there there has never been a online chat option on HSN's website. Maybe that person was using Facebook or other social media link? Also, if you simply cancel your order and order again you cannot reuse the $20 coupon without a new shipping address as HSN ties their coupons to the shipping address and not an HSN account as they don't require an HSN account to buy on their site.

CHAT LINK

https://chat.hsn.com/production/customerservice/html_chat_frames...

MISTERCHEAP said:   
cnIsfg said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
cnIsfg said:   

As far as I am aware there there has never been a online chat option on HSN's website. Maybe that person was using Facebook or other social media link? Also, if you simply cancel your order and order again you cannot reuse the $20 coupon without a new shipping address as HSN ties their coupons to the shipping address and not an HSN account as they don't require an HSN account to buy on their site.

CHAT LINK

https://chat.hsn.com/production/customerservice/html_chat_frameset.jsp

Yes I found it a few seonds ago. However as noted above is it not tavailable on their public website unless you have a HSN Account and click order details.    Other than your quoted chat session above I have not seen anyone else who actually got a S&H refund. Others are reportig getting HSN store creditt which is basically useless unless you shop with them frequently.

Damn!!  I bought this when it first came out at Wal-Mart in May for $129 plus tax and then just shelved it away for when I thought someone in the family would need a replacement phone.  I didn't realize that Wal-Mart only has a 15 day return policy on cell phones.....

For those looking for feedback:

Importing contacts is a pain.  You cannot import from SD card.  ( I had to export to another device with Bluetooth and beam contacts over)
Cannot specify custom tone for new text or IM (seems to be a popular request the MS won't fix)
Cannot specify reminder intervals for text/IM.  It sounds off once.  If you don't hear it then, too bad for you.
VERY hard to see screen in sunlight. (but this seems to be pretty common)
Contact management seem non-intuitive to me.
Cannot change the bottom right magnifying glass button to NOT go to bing, I hate bing with a passion.
Wi-FI calling, the one feature I really, really wanted to work, doesn't work about half the time.

Overall, I'm actually happy with it, despite the limitations specified above.

Skipping 80 Messages...
Use the phone for few days. everything is good except the battery life. it will out of battery after 4-6 hours surf.
It can also last for 24 hours under light use and turn on battery saver.
Windows 8 Amber update also improves the battery life.
update: use for 1day 5 hours, still has 25% left.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014