• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Emeril 3-Piece Bamboo Cutting Board with Storage Drawer & 3-Piece All Purpose Steel Knife Set
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Compare Emeril 3-Piece Bamboo Cutting Board with Storage Drawer & 3-Piece All Purpose Steel Knife Set at: ebay, Google, FatWallet, Amazon
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I like it, thanks

$49.99 On Amazon Sadly no reviews but looks like a decent little set.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have seen several reviews where Emeril knives are given low rankings. Are these knives much better than the lower quality knives and these are very good?

Thank you.

While it's a nice idea. You'll almost never use it this way? If you use the cutting board, it's going to have to washed which means you'll have to take out the tray. Then there's the possibility that food stuff will get inside the slot and you'll need something long and skinny to get stuff out ... yada, ya da, doo, dee.

A better design would be just a "top lip cover" over the knives.

Reviews for what sounds like a similar Emeril set here Emeril Bamboo Cutting Board and 3-knife set , Not sure if the knives are the same ones, but discussion about the bamboo board might be of some help.

Sonofspam said:   Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have seen several reviews where Emeril knives are given low rankings. Are these knives much better than the lower quality knives and these are very good?

Supposedly the knives are forged steel and made in Germany, but for $25 I wouldn't expect too much.  That being said I have some cheap knives that I like better than ones that were far more expensive.

Scumbag said:   
Sonofspam said:   Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but I have seen several reviews where Emeril knives are given low rankings. Are these knives much better than the lower quality knives and these are very good?

Supposedly the knives are forged steel and made in Germany, but for $25 I wouldn't expect too much.  That being said I have some cheap knives that I like better than ones that were far more expensive.

Agreed completely, money buys you not much in the knife game in my experience.
If you need inexpensive knives of high quality, there is some great ones made in Waterloo Iowa that my Dad got me on.  Rada knives.  We never use our $100+ "Wushtoff?" knives that cut like crap compared to these knives which are about 2-10$ each.  http://www.radacutlery.com/   Great value made in USA product and truly hold a good edge especially if you use their sharpener.  Have yet to find a person who isn't stunned by how nice they work for the price.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014