LG L9 Target $139.99 T-mobile (YMMV)

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I went to Target store in ZIP 32771 and saw 

T-Mobile LG L9 phone for $139.99  (YMMV) 

This is no-contract phone.  
 

Member Summary

LG L9
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
One other note on the L9: no light sensor so you have to control the screen light yourself.

beachfitrob (Sep. 23, 2013 @ 10:57p) |

$199 in my area

exclusivelysid (Sep. 24, 2013 @ 3:04p) |

Thanks for all the replies. I went yesterday to Target to see if the L9 was any lower (since it was Monday) and the pric... (more)

3FXC (Sep. 24, 2013 @ 3:32p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

vijujoshi said:   I went to Target store in ZIP 32771 and saw 

T-Mobile LG L9 phone for $139.99  (YMMV) 

This is no-contract phone.  

  What was the regular price?

This phone has ton of bloatware by T-Mobile. Root and get rid of them. Steps here worked for me:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2338816

yesidonoitall said:   
vijujoshi said:   I went to Target store in ZIP 32771 and saw 

T-Mobile LG L9 phone for $139.99  (YMMV) 

This is no-contract phone.  

  What was the regular price?

  $199.99

TiredOfTaxes said:   This phone has ton of bloatware by T-Mobile. Root and get rid of them. Steps here worked for me:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2338816

  I would say that the bloatware were not a serious issue if there was a decent way to install apps on the SD card. Since there is none (that I am aware of, anyway), the fact that one can release several hundred MBs pales compares to not being able to use many GBs on the card and the measly 4GB flash of the phone.

Besides, Nexus 4 is now only $250 for 16GB (+tax + shipping), so get them while you can! Or, if you don't care much about Android, Nokia Lumia 520 or 521 are my current low-cost favorite phones. While the screen is a little smaller and lower-res than the L9, it has 8GB of flash space. Two of my kids have the L9, the third child got the Lumia and I have the Nexus 4. 

 

I have the L9, yes lots of bloatware and yes not enough space for apps. But you can delete some of the bloatware and diminish the rest of it. When I did the JB update it freed up about 150mb as well. On the plus side, good size screen, decent performance (you won't mistake it for an S4), and 4.1.2.

I picked one up today in my local store, there were about 4 of them left. Thanks, OP!

This is a great deal. I rooted mine and just removed the random apps, and I think its pretty fast. Really no complaints.

I haven't investigated but I thought you could move apps to the SD and run from there?

vijujoshi said:   I went to Target store in ZIP 32771 and saw 

T-Mobile LG L9 phone for $139.99  (YMMV) 

This is no-contract phone.  

  Good deal, and hello fellow local FWer!  32792 here

Good that few of you could grab it. Cheers

Could be good phone for first time Android users or even those with older phones (Concord & Comet users anyone?). For those not in a hurry, wait for BF for possible sub-100 prices.

TonyDls said:   Could be good phone for first time Android users or even those with older phones (Comet users anyone?). For those not in a hurry, wait for BF for possible sub-100 prices.
  True but to save 30-40 bucks you have to stay in line for 3 hours to get in store & 3 hours @ checkout. 
 

vijujoshi said:   
TonyDls said:   Could be good phone for first time Android users or even those with older phones (Comet users anyone?). For those not in a hurry, wait for BF for possible sub-100 prices.
  True but to save 30-40 bucks you have to stay in line for 3 hours to get in store & 3 hours @ checkout. 

  Not necessarily, buy online, or walk in the store the next morning (10 AM?) and pick one up. This will not be a hot item/doorbuster item.

TonyDls said:   
vijujoshi said:   
TonyDls said:   Could be good phone for first time Android users or even those with older phones (Comet users anyone?). For those not in a hurry, wait for BF for possible sub-100 prices.
  True but to save 30-40 bucks you have to stay in line for 3 hours to get in store & 3 hours @ checkout. 

  Not necessarily, buy online, or walk in the store the next morning (10 AM?) and pick one up. This will not be a hot item/doorbuster item.

  Agree

You can root, then use link2sd to install apps on an SD card.
I also see that there is a cyanogenmod ROM for this phone:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/P760_Info

You can use this with ATT, just to make calls after unlocking it, right ?

question:

how do you know if it's $139 in your zip? does the price change on the screen? do you have to call the store? any tips/helpful info appreciated. please post steps how to tell this.

MISTERCHEAP said:   question:

how do you know if it's $139 in your zip? does the price change on the screen? do you have to call the store? any tips/helpful info appreciated. please post steps how to tell this.

  Just tried my Zip, and the price came up $199.99. Perhaps this is only in-store price. I would call the store. Seems I read somewhere that Target's online business is run separately from the B&M (something like that anyway), which is probably the reason why one can not buy online and pick up in store.

MISTERCHEAP said:   question:

how do you know if it's $139 in your zip? does the price change on the screen? do you have to call the store? any tips/helpful info appreciated. please post steps how to tell this.

  I went to the store and saw it (as mentioned in my original post). Went again yesterday and it was out-of-stock .

 

$199.99 in West Sacramento

Where is the Nexus 4 4G $250??

quickfingerz said:   $199.99 in West Sacramento
  

As like other retailers, what is on clearance at one location may not be at all locations.
However since some workers are sleeping instead or reading all memos, have your store scan the item for the current price.

Or is it possible they are not tagging an item with the clearance price hoping it is still there when they have the money to buy it?

Which one is a better buy: this phone at $139.99 OR the Nokia Lumia 521 at $80 (for a Tmobile user)?

......................

3FXC said:   Which one is a better buy: this phone at $139.99 OR the Nokia Lumia 521 at $80 (for a Tmobile user)?
  In my personal opinion I would go for L9,  me & my daughter did not like the Lumina 521 or may be we are tired of using windows since 1985.

 

3FXC said:   Which one is a better buy: this phone at $139.99 OR the Nokia Lumia 521 at $80 (for a Tmobile user)?
  In one word: Depends. You're comparing apples to oranges. One is android, the other is windows. What are you using now? Do you like android? Do you think you will like windows? Go to phone scoop or GSMAreana to look a the spec and google some reviews. Honestly, if you can spare the $$, the best bet is the Google Nexus 4 for $199/$230 (are these still on sale?).

3FXC said:   Which one is a better buy: this phone at $139.99 OR the Nokia Lumia 521 at $80 (for a Tmobile user)?
  
I have both; got them both unlocked and am using one with PTel and another with LycaMobile. Here's my experience, not considering their respective app stores:

Nokia 521

  • fast
  • no front camera
  • average rear camera, no flash
  • was very easy to understand and use for elders in my family
  • very good battery life
  • good build quality
  • you can uninstall the T-Mobile bloat apps without any rooting/modding etc - to me this was very very helpful.

Optimus L9: 

  • also fast
  • dual cameras
  • decent rear camera, with flash
  • disappointing battery life even with minimal apps
  • bigger screen
  • good build quality 
  • needs rooting to remove bloat apps
  • very limited memory on board ( you'll see "Insufficient storage" often when you try to update apps)

Both phones will RX/TX voice, text, email, and browse the web. However, the user experience will be quite different. Don't get caught up in the specs. There is a forrest, by the way, despite all the trees.

My L9 died recently. I replaced it with the Nokia 521. For $69 (after BofA Cash Back), I think the 521 is a better value. When the L9 drops to 99.98, and if I can find it, I may consider switching back to it.

I picked up one today. 77459 zip. Last one.

One other note on the L9: no light sensor so you have to control the screen light yourself.

$199 in my area

Thanks for all the replies. I went yesterday to Target to see if the L9 was any lower (since it was Monday) and the price was still $139.99. However, all the stores in my area are now sold out. It seems that people thought this was a very good deal at $140. I would have bought it at the next stage clearance price. I guess I am left with Nokia 521 as an option (when HSN restocks).



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014