• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Save 20%
Disclaimer
>>>Do not compare this to  voip systems as it is not,
>>>And as opposed to those non plug and play voips this is plug and play.

You can take this in your car or any location there is Verizon cell service  IT IS FOR VERIZON ONLY
It has a battery built in when not using the house AC power or you can use the cars 12 volt system

Straight Talk Wireless Home Phone$79.98 for online order at WalMart.com ONLY  +   free store or home delivery
First time price reduction of $20.00

Unlimited home service is $15 a month TOTAL
Unlimited INTERNATIONAL is $30 a month and includes US

It uses Verizon cell service, just plug in your phone with the RJ11 plug
It can be portable in your car.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Wireless-Home-Phone/2208...        

• All the features you need at no extra cost, even FREE calls to 411
  • Portable wireless device
  • No high-speed internet or landline required

WalMart.com Order Number: 2677882-######

Ship to Home - Standard
Items Qty Arrival Date Price
Straight Talk Wireless Home Phone 1 Arrives by Thu., Sep 26 $79.98

Subtotal: $79.98
Shipping: Free
Tax: $0.00
  WalMart.com Total: $79.98

Member Summary

straightalk home
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
RE:
Before using either Obihai or Ooma, you need to buy high speed Internet service

That reminds me of the MJ commercials,... (more)

yesidonoitall (Sep. 19, 2013 @ 1:12p) |

I could not have said that better myself.......
I can just see sending granny or even my ex an obi and telling her to
pray... (more)

yesidonoitall (Sep. 19, 2013 @ 1:16p) |

I am having issues ordering this online.
Continual cancellations.
I mentioned it to the store person, she went to the pc i... (more)

yesidonoitall (Sep. 21, 2013 @ 11:57p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If my ISP goes down can I use this as a backup dialup (NetZero).

JOHNLOGIC said:   If my ISP goes down can I use this as a backup dialup (NetZero).
  For that use I might get Freedompop instead 
For about $5 a month and doing some offers you can get a gig of 3g data
(Less if you can live with 4g only)

Why use this instead of buying a $40 Obihai and paying $0 per month?

Bizatch said:   Why use this instead of buying a $40 Obihai and paying $0 per month?0 reasons.

Obihai (or Ooma for that matter) are better options than this.

Bizatch said:   Why use this instead of buying a $40 Obihai and paying $0 per month?

Again, this is plug and play, unlike obaii

JOHNLOGIC said:   If my ISP goes down can I use this as a backup dialup (NetZero).

This is CDMA-V
Version, not Net10

And is not internet dependent.

You must be able to use Verizon cell service in the location of use......

KayK said:   
Bizatch said:   Why use this instead of buying a $40 Obihai and paying $0 per month?
0 reasons.

Better  if the internet or power goes down?
How so.
This has a builtin nicad for loss of ac power....
It is 12 volts also, perfect for the car power.....

It is just silly to compare this to other services....
I mentioned none in the op.

Even the $80 is too much for the unit, but it is better than the original and instore price of $99.xx

The hardware is returnable for at least 30 days, if it does not work out, the $15 card is not.

yesidonoitall said:   KayK said:   
0 reasons.

How so.

"Rechargeable battery allows you to make and receive calls in case of power outage providing battery is charged and the phone is plugged into the home phone device"
AKA.. you're screwed if you use a cordless phone.. which over 95% of the people do.
And plus.. if you dont have a cell phone, you probably have a land-line.. and not a voip phone as your main line.
Again, this is not worth it.

KayK said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
KayK said:   
0 reasons.

How so.

"Rechargeable battery allows you to make and receive calls in case of power outage providing battery is charged and the phone is plugged into the home phone device"
AKA.. you're screwed if you use a cordless phone.. which over 95% of the people do.
And plus.. if you dont have a cell phone, you probably have a land-line.. and not a voip phone as your main line.
Again, this is not worth it.

Oh my, some just do not get it, the poor souls.
Nothing was said that you needed a landline or cell phone, I do not know how more clearer I can make it.....
Nothing was said the battery will not go dead, no mention if using a cordless phone.....
Apparently someone needs to read that..  To know it.
There is  handsets all over the internet with a dialer and all for
$5.00

Strongly agree that Obi is best for the tech saavy, and Ooma is best for the plug and play folks. Ooma cost more up front, but you save it pays for itself in $120/$15 = 8 months. Not trading my Obi, but it has given me some problems.

Table83 said:   Strongly agree that Obi is best for the tech saavy, and Ooma is best for the plug and play folks. Ooma cost more up front, but you save it pays for itself in $120/$15 = 8 months. Not trading my Obi, but it has given me some problems.

Please refrain from comparing apples to oranges, you can't

Table83 said:   Strongly agree that Obi is best for the tech saavy, and Ooma is best for the plug and play folks. Ooma cost more up front, but you save it pays for itself in $120/$15 = 8 months. Not trading my Obi, but it has given me some problems.

The item I am pushing is not voip and is working with just a few clicks, even my ex could to it.

I think our energy levels may be rising more than is helpful here. Please remember as we go forward to play nice.

Ypou are comparing different type services.
Voip is dependent on the internet, cell service is not.......

Not Sure if I can use it for the home security line?

I think AT&T offers a similar service for $20.00 a month. http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/wirelesshomephone.html

tgottman said:   I think AT&T offers a similar service for $20.00 a month. http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/wirelesshomephone.html

Yes, they do, but for use in AT&T areas.
Verizon sells one also, though much higher in cost than the WM version.
Verizon as I recall also requires a contract.

alanshen said:   Not Sure if I can use it for the home security line?
  Many alarm systems require the solid line type connection (wire to  wire) as with the land line phone services.

I was almost going to post my use of the slingbox solo, as a new topic, I dare not now.....

yesidonoitall said:   
  Many alarm systems require the solid line type connection (wire to  wire) as with the land line phone services.

How does the security system know the difference? A copper wire comes out of this box and plugs into a standard phone, so I think it would work.
Serious question, not trolling.

coolbreeze said:   
yesidonoitall said:   

How does the security system know the difference? A copper wire comes out of this box and plugs into a standard phone, so I think it would work.
Serious question, not trolling.

I said many, not all.
Alarm services do say no voip phone as does most fax machines.
To send out the alarm an interrupted line is needed for the signal data to properly work....
Alarm systems are very detailed these days, an initial alarm may go to the service provider but no further info as to what type of alarm and location on the property or even the address of the property.
I suppose the caller id would tell the provider the number and they could cross reference the address from their records, all time consuming and if a life or death matter, it may end in death with a delay.
I would ask my alarm service.....

This is not voip but I see your point.

Wouldn't the alarm company know your address? Surely it doesn't depend on caller ID. I know when we had an alarm years ago, there was a $500 option for a cell based calling backup.

Isn't this the same thing?

coolbreeze said:   This is not voip but I see your point.

Wouldn't the alarm company know your address? Surely it doesn't depend on caller ID. I know when we had an alarm years ago, there was a $500 option for a cell based calling backup.

Isn't this the same thing?

They would have your address, but may or may not know what the problem is....
Alarms are very sophisticated today, water, fire, panic, carbon monoxide.....break in, which door or window etc....
The cops if needed would want to know certain things, the emt's also....
All that info is sent in a trail of data.
Cell service may work ok....
Only the alarm company could answer that.

So will this work with an ADT alarm system?

HappyGuy said:   So will this work with an ADT alarm system?

Already asked and answered.

I have this service and chose it over a VOIP solution. It's easy to pick on this device because there's a monthly fee and it's not free.

If your power goes out, any VOIP solution will not work, and neither would this without a corded phone.

Search my previous posts for how you can wire this into your existing phone lines. Once you do that, and a corded phone is connected to it, you have a few hours of usage in the event of a power outage.

koulouty said:   I have this service and chose it over a VOIP solution. It's easy to pick on this device because there's a monthly fee and it's not free.

If your power goes out, any VOIP solution will not work, and neither would this without a corded phone.

Search my previous posts for how you can wire this into your existing phone lines. Once you do that, and a corded phone is connected to it, you have a few hours of usage in the event of a power outage.

Who said it was free?

This is a weird thread.

coolbreeze said:   This is a weird thread.

Exactly, all was ok until some interjected with other type services......

And compared apples to oranges....
Kinda like, should I buy that new boat, jet plane or the Chevy Aveo....

Cuz I don't wanna pay $40 a month for high speed internet?  Srsly though, I have a 10GB/mo cap from Freedompop, I can't let VoIP eat into my precious youtube time.

R E L I A B I L I T Y maybe?

fwerftw said:   Bizatch said:   Why use this instead of buying a $40 Obihai and paying $0 per month?
  Cuz I don't wanna pay $40 a month for high speed internet?  Srsly though, I have a 10GB/mo cap from Freedompop, I can't let VoIP eat into my precious youtube time.
Depending on the codec.. VOIP doesnt use much. PCMA/PCMU/G711.. which is generally one of the best codecs around at 64kpbs will use less than 500MB a month even if you use it for 15 minutes every single day.

yesidonoitall said:   Bizatch said:   Why use this instead of buying a $40 Obihai and paying $0 per month?

R E L I A B I L I T Y maybe?
Why need reliability and pay over $100 more for it every year if you have a cell phone already for backup?
By the way.. a voip call over wifi is much much more reliable than a voip call over 3G/4G.. which this is.

Buying high speed internet to support an Obihai or Ooma box will cost over $100 a year, so i'm not sure why this argument is being made. ST home phone requires no existing service to get unlimited calling at $15/month.

Buying the ST home phone requires owning or renting a home. That will cost over $12k a year!

Skipping 12 Messages...
I am having issues ordering this online.
Continual cancellations.
I mentioned it to the store person, she went to the pc in electronics and verfied the $79.88 price and matched it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014