• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Canon Bluetooth Slim Mouse and Calculator with Numeric Keypad andCarrying Bag QVC.com
Disclaimer

3 in 1
Disclaimer
QVC has the Canon Bluetooth Slim Mouse and Calculator with Numeric Keypad and Carrying Bag   on clearance from $14.97 to $9.78 with free standard S&H. Available in black or white. Model: 5565B001 X Mark. This bluetooth only wireless number pad is also a mouse and 10-digit calculator.

--------------------------

Triple threat. With 3-in-1 functionality, this innovative computer accessory can be used as a Bluetooth connecting mouse, a calculator, or a numeric keypad. Use it with your work laptop or home office computer and enjoy the versatility and convenience. From Canon.

Use of Bluetooth Wireless Technology requires Bluetooth software and Bluetooth-compatible accessories. Additional accessories may be required.

• Includes Canon X Mark I Bluetooth calculator/mouse, 2 AAA batteries, and carrying case
  • Computer mouse, calculator, and numeric keypad functions
  • Bluetooth wireless technology
  • 1200 dpi laser technology for smooth cursor control
  • Low battery indicator
  • Measures 4-1/2"L x 2-1/2"W x 1"H
  • 1-year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

System Requirements:

PC

• Windows based PC - x86 or x64 Architecture PC System
  • Windows XP (SP2 or above), Windows Vista, Windows 7
  • Bluetooth wireless technology v2.0 supported 

Macintosh

• Mac OS 10.4 -10.6
  • Intel-based Computer System
  • Bluetooth wireless technology v2.0 supported

QVC
See QVC discounts that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Canon 5565B001 X Mark
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Doesn't look ergomonic. Looks cumbersome; wouldn't the numbers get in the way? Doesn't seem a way to rest the palm.

TonyDls said:   Doesn't look ergomonic. Looks cumbersome; wouldn't the numbers get in the way? Doesn't seem a way to rest the palm.

Look at the video on the QVC link in the OP to see how this looks in someone's hand. The reviewers on QVC and here on Amaz0n don't tend to complain about the size being too big, though some say the small number keys take some getting use to. I don't think that this is intended as a full time replacement for a mouse, but rather as a way to reduce desktop clutter and having switch between a keyboard, mouse, and number pad when you need to temporarily use an external keypad for number crunching. The average reviewer rating on sites other than Canon tend to be higher/better, I suspect that this is due to reviews on the manufacturer website being skewed by people who have problems with their device while other sites contain more general reviews. I also noted that the overall rating on several sites is pulled down by people giving a low rating because they didn't realize that the computer didn't have bluetooth or because this model does not come with its own bluetooth receiver (the latter is more understandable if you paid full price as many wireless mice include a receiver).

while I gave you Green op for the Price, I thought (And still think) this is a fairly useless item for every day browsing. The keypad is too small for practical use and the fact that you are punching something that should not 'roll around as you do so' makes this at most a novelty gift.

fivetalents said:   
TonyDls said:   Doesn't look ergomonic. Looks cumbersome; wouldn't the numbers get in the way? Doesn't seem a way to rest the palm.

Look at the video on the QVC link in the OP to see how this looks in someone's hand. The reviewers on QVC and here  on Amaz0n don't tend to complain about the size being too big, though some say the small number keys take some getting use to. I don't think that this is intended as a full time replacement for a mouse, but rather as a way to reduce desktop clutter and having switch between a keyboard, mouse, and number pad when you need to temporarily use an external keypad for number crunching. The average reviewer rating on sites other than Canon tend to be higher/better, I suspect that this is due to reviews on the manufacturer website being skewed by people who have problems with their device while other sites contain more general reviews. I also noted that the overall rating on several sites is pulled down by people giving a low rating because they didn't realize that the computer didn't have bluetooth or because this model does not come with its own bluetooth receiver (the latter is more understandable if you paid full price as many wireless mice include a receiver).

Wait a minuite
1. Not too big? What does the size have to do with ergonomics. Remember the old mouse, sort of like a block. Compare that to an ergonomically designed mouse. Which is better?
2. How much number crunching can you do on a basic calculator?
3. Desktop clutter? Anyone doing any type of serious work has clutter and uses multiple devices.

fivetalents said:   

Look at the video on the QVC link in the OP to see how this looks in someone's hand. The reviewers on QVC and here  on Amaz0n don't tend to complain about the size being too big, though some say the small number keys take some getting use to. I don't think that this is intended as a full time replacement for a mouse, but rather as a way to reduce desktop clutter and having switch between a keyboard, mouse, and number pad when you need to temporarily use an external keypad for number crunching. The average reviewer rating on sites other than Canon tend to be higher/better, I suspect that this is due to reviews on the manufacturer website being skewed by people who have problems with their device while other sites contain more general reviews. I also noted that the overall rating on several sites is pulled down by people giving a low rating because they didn't realize that the computer didn't have bluetooth or because this model does not come with its own bluetooth receiver (the latter is more understandable if you paid full price as many wireless mice include a receiver).

Reviews on Canon's site say that the BT disconnects when it goes to sleep and it's a PITA to have to re-pair the device every time you want to connect it again.

fivetalents said:   

Look at the video on the QVC link in the OP to see how this looks in someone's hand. The reviewers on QVC and here   on Amaz0n don't tend to complain about the size being too big, though some say the small number keys take some getting use to. I don't think that this is intended as a full time replacement for a mouse, but rather as a way to reduce desktop clutter and having switch between a keyboard, mouse, and number pad when you need to temporarily use an external keypad for number crunching. The average reviewer rating on sites other than Canon tend to be higher/better, I suspect that this is due to reviews on the manufacturer website being skewed by people who have problems with their device while other sites contain more general reviews. I also noted that the overall rating on several sites is pulled down by people giving a low rating because they didn't realize that the computer didn't have bluetooth or because this model does not come with its own bluetooth receiver (the latter is more understandable if you paid full price as many wireless mice include a receiver).

Reviews on Canon's site say that the BT disconnects when it goes to sleep and it's a PITA to have to re-pair the device every time you want to connect it again.

TonyDls said:   
fivetalents said:   

Look at the video on the QVC link in the OP to see how this looks in someone's hand. The reviewers on QVC and here    on Amaz0n don't tend to complain about the size being too big, though some say the small number keys take some getting use to. I don't think that this is intended as a full time replacement for a mouse, but rather as a way to reduce desktop clutter and having switch between a keyboard, mouse, and number pad when you need to temporarily use an external keypad for number crunching. The average reviewer rating on sites other than Canon tend to be higher/better, I suspect that this is due to reviews on the manufacturer website being skewed by people who have problems with their device while other sites contain more general reviews. I also noted that the overall rating on several sites is pulled down by people giving a low rating because they didn't realize that the computer didn't have bluetooth or because this model does not come with its own bluetooth receiver (the latter is more understandable if you paid full price as many wireless mice include a receiver).

Wait a minuite
1. Not too big? What does the size have to do with ergonomics. Remember the old mouse, sort of like a block. Compare that to an ergonomically designed mouse. Which is better?
3. Desktop clutter? Anyone doing any type of serious work has clutter and uses multiple devices.

I was referring to you comment "Looks cumbersome; wouldn't the numbers get in the way." I didn't address concerns about ergomonics because I didn't see anything in the reviews addressing this and I don't own the unit nor have any investment in whether you do either. I was just trying to help by providing additional info for anyone who is on the fence to decide one way or the other.

fivetalents said:   
TonyDls said:   
fivetalents said:   

Look at the video on the QVC link in the OP to see how this looks in someone's hand. The reviewers on QVC and here      on Amaz0n don't tend to complain about the size being too big, though some say the small number keys take some getting use to. I don't think that this is intended as a full time replacement for a mouse, but rather as a way to reduce desktop clutter and having switch between a keyboard, mouse, and number pad when you need to temporarily use an external keypad for number crunching. The average reviewer rating on sites other than Canon tend to be higher/better, I suspect that this is due to reviews on the manufacturer website being skewed by people who have problems with their device while other sites contain more general reviews. I also noted that the overall rating on several sites is pulled down by people giving a low rating because they didn't realize that the computer didn't have bluetooth or because this model does not come with its own bluetooth receiver (the latter is more understandable if you paid full price as many wireless mice include a receiver).

Wait a minuite

I was referring to you comment "Looks cumbersome; wouldn't the numbers get in the way." I didn't address concerns about ergomonics because I didn't see anything in the reviews addressing this and I don't own the unit nor have any investment in whether you do either. I was just trying to help by providing additional info for anyone who is on the fence to decide one way or the other.

Ergonomics adresses issues surrounding something that is cumbersome. It's one thing to post a product, and I'm glad you did as this is a very novel product, and another to convice someone to buy the product based on someons else's review. Would be more helpful to post your own personal experiences if you owned the product. I noticed you did not post any negatives about this product (someone overcomig small keys and the model not having a bt rx does not count.)

TonyDls said:   
fivetalents said:   
TonyDls said:   
fivetalents said:   

Look at the video on the QVC link in the OP to see how this looks in someone's hand. The reviewers on QVC and here      on Amaz0n don't tend to complain about the size being too big, though some say the small number keys take some getting use to. I don't think that this is intended as a full time replacement for a mouse, but rather as a way to reduce desktop clutter and having switch between a keyboard, mouse, and number pad when you need to temporarily use an external keypad for number crunching. The average reviewer rating on sites other than Canon tend to be higher/better, I suspect that this is due to reviews on the manufacturer website being skewed by people who have problems with their device while other sites contain more general reviews. I also noted that the overall rating on several sites is pulled down by people giving a low rating because they didn't realize that the computer didn't have bluetooth or because this model does not come with its own bluetooth receiver (the latter is more understandable if you paid full price as many wireless mice include a receiver).

Wait a minuite

Ergonomics adresses issues surrounding something that is cumbersome, awkward, bulky, etc.  It's one thing to post a product, and I'm glad you did as this is a very novel product, and another to convice someone to buy the product based on someons else's review. Would be more helpful to post your own personal experiences if you owned the product. I noticed you did not post any negatives about this product (someone overcomig small keys and the model not having a bt rx does not count.)

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. You raised some concerns and, trying to be nice, I took MY time to see what others said that addressed the concerns you mentioned so you/anyone with similar concerns could make a more informed decision. I provided another source of user reviews (and posted a link), and referred to the reviews on Amazon and QVC knowing full well they contained a mix of positives and negatives because I'm not trying to hide any potential negatives about this product (I didn't say they were perfect reviews, just stronger than Canon). The lack of a usb dongle and the small keypads will be considered deal breakers for some so, whether you agree or not, they will be negatives to some people. You dismissing my mention of them just to support you claim that I'm trying to convince someone to buy is a bit obvious. Shopping in general and deal evaluation on FW is highly influenced by on reports by current and past owners, and professional reviews. We have nothing else to rely on if we don't own the product ourselves so it is very appropriate for me to mention what others are saying about their experience with it (open just about any thread on FW to verify this), so that assertion is groundless as well. Also, in reference to your previous post, as a researcher, I often do "number crunching" in Excel when I don't have access to SPSS and would find this a more efficient option for such occasional use, and I like my work surface to be fairly clean and uncluttered. Your needs and preferences may differ from those of others, If you don't like this deal for yourself, move on. I have no idea why you feel it's appropriate to be so hostile and combative with someone who just reached out to try to help, but the increasingly bizarre claims you are making have ensured that this is the end of my communication with you. I don't work for FW or QVC or Canon, and could care less if you buy this or not. I was just trying to help by posting and by providing additional information when a question was asked. Good day.

i have a computer and a phone. why would i need a calculator on my mouse?

I have had this mouse for nearly two years and I LOVE IT. With my HP it automatically pairs up after I click the mouse a few times. Comes in very handy at my business (a computer store). I just ordered two more for backups - yes I love it that much.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014