• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$21.99 Synthetic Blend Oil Change & Filter - Most vehicles
Service includes: install new oil filter, refill up to 5 qts kendall gt-1 synthetic blend motor oil with liquid titanium, and free electronic battery check
Additional fee of up to $2.50 may be charged for oil filter recycling

Expires Sept 30, 2013.

(Watch out for the auto print popup)
http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/offers/oil-change-coupo... 

Synthetic blend.  Blend?  I assume that's not like regular synthetic?  Still good deal for a synthetic blend, oil change and filter?

Member Summary

Kendall Synthetic Blend Oil Change & Filter
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like a decent deal. For synthetic Oil change & filter in my area, it goes about $39 plus taxes. This one is about ($21.99+$2.50+taxes=)$24.49 + taxes.

devilboy215 said:   Synthetic blend.  Blend?  I assume that's not like regular synthetic?  Still good deal for a synthetic blend, oil change and filter?

Synthetic blend is about 25-30% synthetic oil and 70-75% conventional oil.  I would say its a mild deal.  If It was a full synthetic oil change for this price it would be smoking hot.

Thanks for the info Zuke. I went yesterday and they said that they always use blend. They don't have the regular oil. Not sure how accurate that is but not a big deal on my part. Still an upgrade from regular oil.

They were pretty busy but I just dropped off my car and came back after it was done. They did try to upsale me with the high mileage, but not high pressure. The one I went to has a jiffy lube across the street from it that was empty. Not sure if it was cause they finished so fast or if they had that little business. The firestone had all the bays full and all the parking spots full. They also advertised a free hand car wash with oil change. I guess a cross promotion from the neighboring car wash. Not a bad deal for oil change, filter, and car wash.

Watch out for their upselling. Just say no to the fast drain plug. Just say no to a new battery. Just say no to a new air filter. And make sure you don't need more than 5 quarts because quart No. 6 and on will cost you more than the cost of the change per quart, or at least it feels like it.

They only asked me if I wanted to go with the high mileage oil. I said no and that was it. I'm sure it varies with different shops and different people though. I agree though. Say no to all of the upsell.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014