Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Craftsman Nextec Rotary Tool
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have been waiting for this to go on sale. Seems like the other Nextec tools have gone down to $29 at some point. I wonder if I can wait this one out.

It was $29 on Nov 25, 2012 (FW link below). Maybe again this Black Friday time frame??
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1237716/

I love my other Nextec tools but based on the reviews I'll wait for a $29 price for this one. And even then, I'm not sure...

knot2clever said:   I love my other Nextec tools but based on the reviews I'll wait for a $29 price for this one. And even then, I'm not sure...
IMO, wimpier than the AC models but not too. Guess it depends on the attachment and what you're doing with it. I've used mine a bunch, mostly for mower blade and chain saw sharpening, so it was a bargain at $30. I'll get another if they repeat it at $30.

TheRatsWon said:   
knot2clever said:   I love my other Nextec tools but based on the reviews I'll wait for a $29 price for this one. And even then, I'm not sure...
IMO, wimpier than the AC models but not too. Guess it depends on the attachment and what you're doing with it. I've used mine a bunch, mostly for mower blade and chain saw sharpening, so it was a bargain at $30. I'll get another if they repeat it at $30.

Agreed. I too love my other Nextec tools. I use them all the time. They are the best "finesse" tools that I own.

Unfortunately, I bought this tool last year at the $29 price point. It is by far the worst Nextec tool I own. To say that it sucks is an understatement. Read the reviews on this (or any) tool before you buy! The negative reviews on this tool are true. I have experienced them as well. To top it off the tool is large, much larger than a dremel.

IMHO this tool is only worth the price that you put on a charger and extra battery. If they are worth $29 (or whatever this tool goes on sale for) then buy it. If you get ANY use out of the rotary tool itself then all the better ...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014