• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Wireless HDMI from your laptop to your TV.  I watch NFL Sunday ticket, Hulu, and Amazon easily.  Don't use this for gaming because there is short delay (1 sec) from the laptop to the tv.
Check here   to make sure your computer/laptop is compatible.  It also works with some smartphones like Samsung galaxy 3.
I bought one of these and got it setup pretty easily with this article   
Go here   for the latest drivers from Intel
Netgear Push2TV HD PTV2000-100NAS $50 @Dell Link  

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Netgear Push2TV HD
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

you should include the model in your post, PTV2000-100NAS, as there are several of these that have been released

These are regularly between free and $30 AR on Amazon, Newegg, and even sometimes at Dell. The newer model adds miracast and a shorter lag. It is also smaller.

Not sure what advantages this has over Chromecast? Chromecast seems to be a better choice since it works with more devices.

This projects your entire screen and not just chrome. That being said. This is restricted to intel WIDI displays. This will become obsolete by devices such as chromecast very shortly as app development and newer versions arrive.

edick said:   This projects your entire screen and not just chrome. That being said. This is restricted to intel WIDI displays. This will become obsolete by devices such as chromecast very shortly as app development and newer versions arrive.chromecast can project your entire screen.
It's choppy (since the computer transcodes it to a format that chromecast understands..) but it works.

KayK said:   
edick said:   This projects your entire screen and not just chrome. That being said. This is restricted to intel WIDI displays. This will become obsolete by devices such as chromecast very shortly as app development and newer versions arrive.
chromecast can project your entire screen.
It's choppy (since the computer transcodes it to a format that chromecast understands..) but it works.

it wouldnt support playback of a bluray though, and from what I read no mkv audio support, which is 98% of my video files, so that dream just turned into a puff of smoke. Only things I've seen working with Chromecast, is Chrome, and the the attempt from CyanogenMod roms to send any app to the Chromecast (though after Google tweaked some code, it doesn't sound like its happening soon).

I will pull my Chromecast out of retirement as soon as Plex gets native support.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014