T-Mobile 14% off via PTA.ORG

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

National Parent Teacher Association
Disclaimer
I just dumped Sprint (aka it may be unlimited, but our service is so bad you won't get to use unlimited) and was considering AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile. I didn't think it was worth a 2x jump in price to go from SERO to AT&T or Verizon. So I found out that you can get 14% off your TOTAL bill very easy for T-Mobile by going to PTA.ORG  and joining (costs $25) and allows you to get the following below. With these plans, you pay full price for the phone and it is not subsidized however you can split the cost of the phone over 2 years. I bought an iPhone 5s, however without the phone, my plan would be ~55 for unlimited talk, text and 2.5 GB of data on 4g. It would be $10 more for unlimited everything including data. (I evidently just use 500-600 mb data a month b/c I have wifi everywhere I go).

Edit: Combine it with this to get more money off: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1296758/ 

The National PTA has teamed with T-Mobile® to bring members special wireless deals offering:
❶ 14% Discount every month on EVERY Line
❷ No Annual Service Contract(s)
❸ All Plans include Unlimited TALK+TEXT+WEB (Less than $100/month for Unlimited service for a Family of 5)* Click Here
❹ Waived Activation Fees and Free Shipping 

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile promo codes that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
corporateperks.com has 15% off T-Mobile. If your company doesn't participate with them, you can easily get an account by... (more)

freddyfoster (Sep. 24, 2013 @ 5:18p) |

seriously doubted that u need to pay that $25 member fee for NPTA to get the 14% off each month. I went thru the PTA Onl... (more)

bulletban (Sep. 25, 2013 @ 3:46p) |

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

jaimelobo (Sep. 25, 2013 @ 5:32p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My Sprint service is fantastic.

dtatha said:   My Sprint service is fantastic.
  Everyone's service is geographically dependent. Sprint is terrible in my area and I can't get a 4G signal but T-Mobile gives me 4G throughout most of the city.

Sprint was terrible in my city and tmo worked about 70% of the time when I switched. now im on tmo prepaid and pretty much always have coverage even when I travel. before with tmo postpay I was using the freelancer discount which anyone can get.

Did you actually do this deal? I added up the prices in the pdf sheet and it came to way more than the "All Plans include Unlimited TALK+TEXT+WEB (Less than $100/month for Unlimited service for a Family of 5)" you quoted. It was $43 for first line + $25.80 for 2nd line + $25.8 for the next 3 lines ($8.6 * 3) + $87.5 ($17.2 per line * 5 lines) for unlimited high speed. That gives me a total of $182.1 for the 5 lines with unlimited everything. I am probably missing something and would appreciate a clarification. I am currently paying $142.92 for 4 lines, unlimited everything after discount. Would love to save a few bucks.

Damn, I just signed up for Tmobile last week for my family of 4. Is it possible to still get the discount?

Only 500MB data at high speed. After that you may get unlimited at low speed, 2g, 3g, edge

what city I'm in Houston and have no Internet by med center with dropped calls all day on tmobile 

mm60 said:   Did you actually do this deal? I added up the prices in the pdf sheet and it came to way more than the "All Plans include Unlimited TALK+TEXT+WEB (Less than $100/month for Unlimited service for a Family of 5)" you quoted. It was $43 for first line + $25.80 for 2nd line + $25.8 for the next 3 lines ($8.6 * 3) + $87.5 ($17.2 per line * 5 lines) for unlimited high speed. That gives me a total of $182.1 for the 5 lines with unlimited everything. I am probably missing something and would appreciate a clarification. I am currently paying $142.92 for 4 lines, unlimited everything after discount. Would love to save a few bucks.

I did call in b/c I had a question, but went online first to see the options and yes, it shows discount on total services per month. Some services like AT&T only offer discounts on the voice part with codes. T-Mobile has a discount code that discounts your entire bill so whatever you choose, you should get 14% off that entire monthly bill.

Here is the link through their portal to take a look at the options: link

ingenue007 said:   Here is the link through their portal to take a look at the options: link
  Thanks!

Even AAA has similar discounts ! How does it compare ?

At some point I remember calling T-Mobile previously and IIRC AAA is only 8% discount. 

ingenue007 said:   At some point I remember calling T-Mobile previously and IIRC AAA is only 8% discount. 
  Thanks

AAA gives 10% discount in most areas... http://aaa.com/tmobile

Still, 14% is better than 10%

Can this be used with the $30/month 100 minute, unlimited text and data plan?

Is this $100 for 5 lines + 14% off so it would be $86/month for 5 lines?

mm60 said:   Did you actually do this deal? I added up the prices in the pdf sheet and it came to way more than the "All Plans include Unlimited TALK+TEXT+WEB (Less than $100/month for Unlimited service for a Family of 5)" you quoted. It was $43 for first line + $25.80 for 2nd line + $25.8 for the next 3 lines ($8.6 * 3) + $87.5 ($17.2 per line * 5 lines) for unlimited high speed. That gives me a total of $182.1 for the 5 lines with unlimited everything. I am probably missing something and would appreciate a clarification. I am currently paying $142.92 for 4 lines, unlimited everything after discount. Would love to save a few bucks.
You didn't *miss* something, you added something. You added almost $90 for unlimited "High-Speed" data.

$43 + $25.80 + (3 x $8.60) = $94.60 -- Which is indeed less than $100 for unlimited talk, text, and data.

trangtiffany03 said:   Is this $100 for 5 lines + 14% off so it would be $86/month for 5 lines?
Is it that much work to click on the link and read it? 

Good deal I guess if you wanna go directly with T-Mobile but I've been more than happy using T-Mobile service with StraightTalk and my bill after taxes each month is $48 and I get the same exact specs.

Seems like I'd save $7 with ST, or am I missing something?

Just speak with T mobile CS. Good benefit so join in

jaimelobo said:   
You didn't *miss* something, you added something. You added almost $90 for unlimited "High-Speed" data.

$43 + $25.80 + (3 x $8.60) = $94.60 -- Which is indeed less than $100 for unlimited talk, text, and data.

Yep, just figured that out. It was the "unlimited" that got me. I was thinking it was "Unlimited TALK+TEXT+WEB" when it was actually "Unlimited TALK+TEXT" +(limited) WEB. The excess high speed data was the killer. I just looked at my bill though and the max two of my lines reach is 2.5GB per month and the other 2 reach 1.5GB per month. I'll call T-Mobile this evening to see if I can go with the lesser data plans to cut my bill.

mm60 said:   
jaimelobo said:   

Yep, just figured that out. It was the "unlimited" that got me. I was thinking it was "Unlimited TALK+TEXT+WEB" when it was actually "Unlimited TALK+TEXT" +(limited) WEB. The excess high speed data was the killer. I just looked at my bill though and the max two of my lines reach is 2.5GB per month and the other 2 reach 1.5GB per month. I'll call T-Mobile this evening to see if I can go with the lesser data plans to cut my bill.

So you might be able to just add the +2GB to your lines ($8.60/line - giving you 2.5GB/line), that would put you around $120 for all four lines.

I'm guessing this discount would not stack with any other discounts, such as through an employer?

In this dreadful and pathetic economy, I would say this is a great deal!!

corporateperks.com has 15% off T-Mobile. If your company doesn't participate with them, you can easily get an account by googling a bit. Example: "corporate perks alamo"

seriously doubted that u need to pay that $25 member fee for NPTA to get the 14% off each month. I went thru the PTA Online Ordering Portal under Member Benefit provider page, it took me to Tmobile Advantage Program site for NPTA, i filled out the form at the lower left corner for people already a Tmo customer, "Save with Advantage Program" . sent the form last nite, this morning already got approved for the 14% off.It did not even ask for the NPTA memeber number.

bulletban said:   seriously doubted that u need to pay that $25 member fee for NPTA to get the 14% off each month. I went thru the PTA Online Ordering Portal under Member Benefit provider page, it took me to Tmobile Advantage Program site for NPTA, i filled out the form at the lower left corner for people already a Tmo customer, "Save with Advantage Program" . sent the form last nite, this morning already got approved for the 14% off.It did not even ask for the NPTA memeber number.
Liar, liar, pants on fire! 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014