10 Free UltraViolet titles from Target

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.targetticket.com/uv-promotion     

10 free UltraViolet titles
it's totally free to join - no hidden fees or monthly costs.
log-in or sign up for a new Target Ticket account 
set up your billing information
link a new or existing UltraViolet account

Member Summary

ultraviolet
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP. Chose the kids movies for, well, my kids and then a few of the classics. And thanks to the poster who suggest... (more)

dlk9s (Sep. 26, 2013 @ 9:18p) |

I'm already an existing Vudu member.
Do I need to create a new account?
And a separate UltraViolet account?
Thanks.

Mitch (Sep. 27, 2013 @ 12:37p) |

worked for me, but not for wife or brother.

flippenphil (Oct. 06, 2013 @ 12:08p) |

10 Free Movies Offer Details: This offer is available 8/1/2013 – 2/22/2014. To qualify for the 10 free movies offer, you must register for a Target Ticket account, activate an UltraViolet account (if you do not have one) or link your Ultraviolet account, and enter in a form of payment (credit card or debit card). Only pre-selected movies are eligible for the offer and are subject to TargetTicket End User License Agreement, the free movies are in Standard Definition format, and are available at Target Ticket once you complete the registration process.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Well - it's totally free and no hidden fees or monthly costs. Then why do they want billing info for?

Free titles to choose from:

21 Grams
Alien
Blow
Cold Light of Day
Conspiracy Theory
Crocodile Dundee
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Ferngully: The Last Rainforest
Ghost
Hall Pass
Independence Day
Johnny English
Legends of the Fall
LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers
Man On A Ledge
Mars Attacks!
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the world
Mona Lisa Smile
Office Space
Paranormal Activity
Radio
Rango
Rudy
Soul Survivors
Space Jam
Stir of Echoes
The Arrival
The Italian Job
The Producers
The Tale of Despereaux

the free movies are in Standard Definition format

In 4 10, thanks OP.

rsuaver said:   Well - it's totally free and no hidden fees or monthly costs. Then why do they want billing info for?
  for your future purchases .... 

do the 10 movies have to be chosen now or can we pick later after looking at some reviews

Standard def picture quality on Ultraviolet isn't too bad actually, assuming its a modern transfer; tends to be better than DVD with deeper colors. Main drawback is stereo only sound.

If you got two other friends with Ultraviolet accounts you can link all three and share movies, allowing you access to all 30 movies, at least through Vudu

well I still have a VHS of Independence Day from a garage sale, so, I'll pass

Thanks, 10 more added to my collection.

jocarpo said:   Thanks, 10 more added to my collection.
  Dito,
At least they have new ones now, on the previews times they only had old movies.
Thanks OP.

lordoffire said:   well I still have a VHS of Independence Day from a garage sale, so, I'll pass
  But do you still have a VCR?

Thanks OP. Worked great. I used a prepaid gift card instead of giving them my credit card info. And this might say 'standard def' but it looks perfect to me. It is as close to HD as you're going to get without actually being HD. Office Space played in widescreen mode and is crystal clear.

It says offer currently unavailable

rsuaver said:   Well - it's totally free and no hidden fees or monthly costs. Then why do they want billing info for?
  Good question. I used a Visa gift card to prevent any funny business.

FuriousGeorge11 said:   
lordoffire said:   well I still have a VHS of Independence Day from a garage sale, so, I'll pass
  But do you still have a VCR?

several....and more than don't work

After I key in my credit card, linked my UV account, and created an account, I get this?  --> Sorry, this offer is currently unavailable.

Just signed up and successfully linked my existing UV account with this Targetticket account. No problem getting the 10 movies offer.

thanks, just got 10 free movies to Vudu

Could I download these movies to an iPad and watch them on a plane (disconnected?)

Reots said:   Standard def picture quality on Ultraviolet isn't too bad actually, assuming its a modern transfer; tends to be better than DVD with deeper colors. Main drawback is stereo only sound.

If you got two other friends with Ultraviolet accounts you can link all three and share movies, allowing you access to all 30 movies, at least through Vudu

I have a number of SD titles in my UV account that I stream via Vudu and some are 5.1 Dolby Digital and some new releases are even Dolby Digital Plus.
The vast majority of my titles are HDX but I was also surprised at how good SD quality is on Vudu .  It varies from transfer to transfer obviously but the majority are very good and this is on a 60" screen.

OceanMist said:   Could I download these movies to an iPad and watch them on a plane (disconnected?)
  You just need to add the Vudu app to your iPad and link it to a UV account.
You will create a UV account when you sign up for this Target streaming service so it's not a huge deal.
Install the Vudu app.  Sign into your newly created UV account and you will have these 10 freebies available in your Vudu account.
At that point you can indeed download them to your iPad and watch them without interwebs access.

10 Free Movies from VUDU
I would suggest signing up for a Vudu account first.
They are also offering 10 free movies.  The selection isn't as good as the Target selection so get the ones you want on Vudu first
 Then get the Target freebies so you wind up with 20 different movies as there are duplicates on each freebie list.

dupe

My bad on the stereo option, I just checked my Vudu account and some of the free movies have 5.1 sound, though many are stereo. Depends on the film I guess, some are stereo in SD, some are 5.1 in all rez, some are stereo in all rez. Check under the more info tab and it will tell you.

I double checked and you can actually have up to 6 linked UV accounts, all with separate logins, separate billing info. Allows you to virtually share any UV enabled movie with whomever is linked, though some movies are portal(Vudu , Cinemanow, etc) specific and can't be shared. All the free ones mentioned in OP are UV enabled. As far as DRM schemes go, UV tends to be pretty flexible. They'll even let you have 3 simultaneous streams off one account

Reots said:   My bad on the stereo option, I just checked my Vudu account and some of the free movies have 5.1 sound, though many are stereo. Depends on the film I guess, some are stereo in SD, some are 5.1 in all rez, some are stereo in all rez. Check under the more info tab and it will tell you.

I double checked and you can actually have up to 6 linked UV accounts, all with separate logins, separate billing info. Allows you to virtually share any UV enabled movie with whomever is linked, though some movies are portal(Vudu , Cinemanow, etc) specific and can't be shared. All the free ones mentioned in OP are UV enabled. As far as DRM schemes go, UV tends to be pretty flexible. They'll even let you have 3 simultaneous streams off one account

You are correct.  I edited my statement to "some" are 5.1.  My receiver was showing Dolby Digital and I wrongfully assumed that always meant 5.1.  Obviously Dolby Digital can mean stereo 2.0 as well.
I had never noticed the tab on Vudu with the audio information.  Good info!

Just saying thanks !

Thanks OP. Chose the kids movies for, well, my kids and then a few of the classics. And thanks to the poster who suggested a one-time use CC number. I had forgotten about those, so it prompted me to see if my CC had that service and lo and behold, it did.

I'm already an existing Vudu member.
Do I need to create a new account?
And a separate UltraViolet account?
Thanks.

worked for me, but not for wife or brother.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014