• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Defiant led
Disclaimer

Hd sign
Disclaimer
A better than BF deal on some bright LED flashlights.
$12.00 Defiant LED Tactical Super Thrower 3C Flashlight item 639-226 was $22.97
$15.00 Defiant 5C 500 Lumen Flashlight item 736-392 was $24.98
these were located in a center island, not in the flashlight aisle. YMMV

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If your store has these at those prices, it is about as close to a no-brainer as you can get.

I'd buy them all, keep 2 or 5, and give the rest away as small xmas gifts.

Interesting, a few days ago my local Home Depot had these 3C & 5C Defiant LED flashlights in a large bin for $17 for either.

I picked up a bunch of these at 17 bucks a few weeks ago. My trunk has turned into a hiding spot for everything I bought more than one of! They are an awesome flashlight for the price, everyone should have one!

Great deal. OP, if you could correct the SKU for the 3C version. The right SKU is 639-226. You have it listed as 639-236. Thx.

Which one is better?

dsgb said:   Which one is better?
It's hard to say which is better, they are both nice. I guess I prefer the 3C version. For me it's easier to handle and less likely to fall over since I store it on end. For $12 each, you could buy both !
You can pay with PayPal in the store. Nice way to use your FatCash if you have some in your account.

I picked up a bunch of these at 17 bucks a few weeks ago. My trunk has turned into a hiding spot for everything I bought more than one of! They are an awesome flashlight for the price, everyone should have one!

I did the same. I have a secret place in the basement to hide my deals. Everyone with a wife should have one

I own both. I love them both.

Still 16.98 in Charlotte, NC. Bought a few and will go back for price match if they drop down to 12.

I bought 5 of the 3C version last BF, and 1 is glitchy. I called Defiant's number and got HD. HD sent me over to the warranty department and a week later, I had a replacement 5C (3C was out of stock).

The warranty experience was pleasant.

now are there other batteries you can use in these? rechargeable ones?

lordoffire said:   now are there other batteries you can use in these? rechargeable ones?
You can use AA Eneloops in a C holder.
The links that oahawhool provided to have volumes of info on how the modify these flashlights

homersaysdoh said:   
lordoffire said:   now are there other batteries you can use in these? rechargeable ones?
You can use AA Eneloops in a C holder.
The links that oahawhool provided to have volumes of info on how the modify these flashlights

I was thinking more power...?

You know what's crazy? Home Depot had the perfect flashlight...the 500 lumen 3C that everyone was buying at Christmas time for $20. It is an excellent flashlight. And then they were gone, not to be found in stock anywhere. Can't get 'em. Discontinued.

And then they come out with the 5C and the "tactical armored thrower." That they now have to heavily discount well below $20 to get people to buy.

Note to Home Depot: When customers buy a product in droves and rave about it, and you can't keep them on the shelf...keep getting more of the same product. Maybe the customer knows better than you what they want.

rbstern said:   You know what's crazy? Home Depot had the perfect flashlight...the 500 lumen 3C that everyone was buying at Christmas time for $20. It is an excellent flashlight. And then they were gone, not to be found in stock anywhere. Can't get 'em. Discontinued.

And then they come out with the 5C and the "tactical armored thrower." That they now have to heavily discount well below $20 to get people to buy.

Note to Home Depot: When customers buy a product in droves and rave about it, and you can't keep them on the shelf...keep getting more of the same product. Maybe the customer knows better than you what they want.

I have one of the still 16.98 5c 650Lumen models...no price drop yet...

Unfortunately, sometimes the China Manufacturing Machine switches dies and goes on to the next hottest thing...leaving US retailers, well, in the dirt waiting for the next holiday season!

As soon as the factories in CHN find a new item to manufacture with more promise of volume or more profit margin...well the story's been told before.

hpm.

GMS model engines

Tower Brand model engines

Best light I have ever owned
super bright

I picked up the last three 5C left in Montville NJ store this evening. Was marked as $12; got 5% off for HD credit card.

I just wish their website reflects the store inventory.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014