• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm not sure when this promotion started or how long it lasts. Buy $20 in gift cards at Taco Bell and get 2 Doritos Locos Tacos and a large drink for free.

Member Summary

Taco Bell - Buy $20 gift card get free food!
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
RE:
  I miss the Bell Burgers and the Chili Cheese Burritos.

I remember Dell burgers from my high school and 20's day........ (more)

yesidonoitall (Nov. 05, 2013 @ 7:16p) |

Yes- Bell Beefers, I miss those too! Also, I've heard some SoCal locations have brought the Enchirito back, but not arou... (more)

konapounder (Nov. 05, 2013 @ 11:12p) |

You never pay tax when buying a gift card.

aarzi (Nov. 06, 2013 @ 1:56a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Dorito loco? Now that's just crazy!

Thanks OP!

OP please update the title to "food"

Qeyabe said:   OP please update the title to "food"

What else would Taco Bell be????

steveoreno said:   
Qeyabe said:   OP please update the title to "food"

What else would Taco Bell be????

Are we sure we want to get that answer?

Is this offer mentioned anywhere in the Taco Bell website, or any such place? Does it mention restrictions, geographical area, etc.? Or is it only at local Taco Bells, and you have to check each to see if they have the offer?  I didn't see it at their website, but didn't spend much time looking.

Did this today at a Nashville area Toco Bell. Just a small sign right on the register.

Two of the Nacho Cheese Dorito Locos Supreme Tacos ad Large fountain drink + $20 gift card for $20.00
I got the Taco Supreme version with Sour Cream etc not just the regular taco style. Not sure if I should have or not.

Thanks OP

this is a awesome deal except one problem. you need to eat taco bell.
does it come with a free roll of tp, when that fire sauce that burned your mouth burns your other end the next day???

ecomicaela said:   this is a awesome deal except one problem. you need to eat taco bell.
does it come with a free roll of tp, when that fire sauce that burned your mouth burns your other end the next day???

my Costco was giving free rolls of TP away as samples the other day. Came in a nice ziploc to keep it clean too!  guess that would work perfect for the extra fire sauces i grab for real homemade tacos

It bums me out that they got rid of the Fire Roasted sauce that came in the maroon package.....That sauce was delicious!

RG

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Disclaimer
IMO, Franks Red Hot Sauce is the best.
Jack in the Box has it   for their tacos or chicken or whatever

Home bottle and Jacks packets

Thanks OP. Taco Bell had a similar promo a few months back - buy a $20 GC, get one item free. They didn't specify (or limit) the free item.

ecomicaela said:   this is a awesome deal except one problem. you need to eat taco bell.

For those that can't handle the hot sauce, here is the perfect food for you:

Not so hot food

Free gas, when you go to Taco Bell too !  

the image shows an open chicken burrito with cheese also, why that's not included with the deal? TIA

Thanks OP..............

Xam said:   the image shows an open chicken burrito with cheese also, why that's not included with the deal? TIA

They have to offer at least what the pic shows.....

appreiciate OP

yesidonoitall said:   
Xam said:   the image shows an open chicken burrito with cheese also, why that's not included with the deal? TIA

They have to offer at least what the pic shows.....

I don't think the sign in the store I visited had the pic of the chicken burrito just the Dorito Tacos.  

The Chicken Burrito was free after $20 gift card about a year ago so maybe they are using old signs.....

Per web site: Purchase required. One free item per minimum gift card purchase. FREE ITEM VALUE LIMITED TO MAXIMUM OF $5 with purchase of $20 in gift cards. Offer is available at time of purchase only. Offer subject to change. No substitutions or cash redemption. Gift cards are redeemable at participating Taco BellŪ locations while supplies last. No expiration date and no fees apply to gift card balances. See complete terms and conditions at www.tacobell.com/giftcards. Limited time only.

They do this deal every year as it gets closer to the holidays. Though it used to include any menu item including the cantina burritos.

TB's definition of meat leaves quite a bit to chance.

Knuteski said:   They do this deal every year as it gets closer to the holidays. Though it used to include any menu item including the cantina burritos.
  yes. they still do this time. however, the instore sign only listed locos tacos and drink. i tried that offer and it wasn't that good deal at all. 
i dont need a large drink when i can get the $1 blast drink during happier hr. those 2 locals tacos are not worth $3. so next time i will pick the most expensive item up to $5 on the menu with a cup of water for sprite soda

Also included: free diarrhea.

GG
jewsus said:   Also included: free diarrhea.

OMG

Apparently the GCs are kept in the safe for safe keeping.
I tried to do a late night run around 11:30 and was told I could get the deal between 10am and 10pm.
I ordered anyway. Gotta say... I haven't missed much in the couple of years since the shadow of my car darkened their drive way.

Dont think I will be back for the GC.... saved me $20 I might have never used.

I bought one of these gift cards last year. Somewhat of a bizzare experience. As a previous poster mentioned, the cards are kept in a safe and I don't believe that they need to be activated at the point of sale (as is done for other cards). So all your receipt shows is that you bought a card.

2-3 weeks after I got the card, I tried to use it. Guess what - zero balance. I was seriously annoyed. And unfortunately, I had bought the card at a Taco Bell location that was 30 minutes away from my home since I was visiting somebody else and Taco Bell was right on the way. I didn't really want to make that trip to get it fixed - more money spent in gas. Fortunately, while I was procrastinating in calling the store, they fixed the card balance.

If you are buying a card, my recommendation would be to do 2 transactions. First transaction - buy the card and get the free food. Second transaction - use the card and pay for some food. This way you know that the card is working before you leave the restaurant. ♦

Seriously?  Even their Fire sauce seems like mostly salt and artificial thickener (xanthan GUM).  There's not even 1/10th a Jalapeno worth of hot in a packet.

PrincipalMember said:   I bought one of these gift cards last year. Somewhat of a bizzare experience. As a previous poster mentioned, the cards are kept in a safe and I don't believe that they need to be activated at the point of sale (as is done for other cards). So all your receipt shows is that you bought a card.

2-3 weeks after I got the card, I tried to use it. Guess what - zero balance. I was seriously annoyed. And unfortunately, I had bought the card at a Taco Bell location that was 30 minutes away from my home since I was visiting somebody else and Taco Bell was right on the way. I didn't really want to make that trip to get it fixed - more money spent in gas. Fortunately, while I was procrastinating in calling the store, they fixed the card balance.

If you are buying a card, my recommendation would be to do 2 transactions. First transaction - buy the card and get the free food. Second transaction - use the card and pay for some food. This way you know that the card is working before you leave the restaurant. ♦

Had the same issue - got the deal, went back and none of the cards activated.  The drive-thru girl was giving me the third degree until I found my receipt that proved I was at the same store earlier in the week.  Ended up getting my order free while they fixed the problem.

Dave

Cashier said it will run through Christmas season.

acraven5 said:   I'm not sure when this promotion started or how long it lasts. Buy $20 in gift cards at Taco Bell and get 2 Doritos Locos Tacos and a large drink for free.
  Cashier said it will run through Christmas season.

can you buy a gift card with a gift card?

thanks OP.. got a free drink and 2 tacos with $20 gift card .. it's not on display.. ask them , if you don't see

Worked today in OC Ca. They had a sign promoting it @ the registers even! I would call 1st if that's the reason you're going to Taco Bell though. I have gone before & had them say they are out of gift cards.

Hell Yes! Great Deal! Thank you OP!

Went tonight and got taco bell and the card your all talking about. I ate the free things that came with the card and my wife used the card right away to buy her meal. They took 15 mins to serve our food so we got a free cin twist.

Where is the link?

I find it amazing that there are so many people on FW that slam fast food deals. If you don't like it leave it for the others that do appreciate the deal. Thanks for the find OP and I will be scoring one later today.

Skipping 9 Messages...
Maisma said:   
imbatman said:   can you buy a gift card with a gift card?

Suuuuurrrrreeee, if you want to hand them free tax?

You never pay tax when buying a gift card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014