• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, $0 down, $29.50 x 24 mo(OAC) T-Mobile

T-Mobile today has Note 3 listed on their website for $0 down, $29.50 x 24 months, ( *$708 total 0% APR O.A.C, ). No contract, but, If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on phone becomes due.. . Qual’g service req’d. This phone had required $199 down OAC until this morning.

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phon...ote-3.html         

AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint require $299.99 down, and 24-mo contract on approved credit. AT&T, and Verizon limit data use.

T-Mobile has unlimited voice, text, 4g LTE data for $70 month no contract, with substantial discounts for additional lines. (Other plans available)

*Cash price from ATT&T and Sprint is $799.99. Verizon just lowered to $699.99**

Of course, check T-Mobile coverage in your area.

This is a GSM phone with all the bands required if you wish to switch from T-Mobile to AT&T or any world wide GSM provider. T-Mobile will give you the unlock code after you've paid for phone in full. 

** T-Mobile version of the Note 3 includes radios for 4G LTE bands 2, 4, 5, and 17 (AT&T uses band 17).  Verizon version includes support for one 4G LTE band. Band 13 per their website: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/samsung-galaxy-note-3-white        

T-Mobile
Need a T-Mobile coupon that earns Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

note 3
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
so buying note 3 for $708 upfront and get it unlocked, then i dont have sim problems using elsewhere. please confirm.

why1 (Oct. 04, 2013 @ 9:03a) |

As of 10/31/2013, for T-Mobile, $199.99 down for is the lowest I've seen. This is their retail store and online price. H... (more)

orochimarusama (Oct. 31, 2013 @ 8:58a) |

Today, 12/2/2013, Cyber Monday. You can get a Note 3 for $612 w/ Tmobile

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones/samsung-gala... (more)

orochimarusama (Dec. 02, 2013 @ 12:50p) |

This phone supports a large number of bands from the US and Europe. This was taken from the back of my box.(T-Mobile version):
GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 UTMS: Band 1 (2100), Band 2 (1900), Band 4 (1700), Band 5 (850)
LTE: Band 4 (1700), Band 17 (700), Band 1 (2100), Band 2 (1900), Band 5 (850), Band 7 (2600)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Actually, T-Mobile will give you an unlock code much sooner.  After a few months, just tell them you are going out of the country.  They'll give you the code.  You're on the hook for the entire cost of the phone regardless...they don't care.  

As an aside, I just read an article of "top phones for October 2013" and this was #1.  I love my Note 2.  

The note 2 is the bomb, I cannot wait to get my hands on this phone! Thanks OP!

Refreshing design. Note 3 looks great despite being bulky. Wondering if I should go for Galaxy note again.

looks like they're trying to clear out inventory before the Nexus 5 announce...

[/troll]

Do they have a detailed spec for the phone sold on Tmobile? Just being paranoid. Although it's a no brainer S800 CPU comes with LTE modem, Exynos 5420 is the international 3G version. Just hate to be surprised when it's not written b&w.

$708??????

This does not make my wallet fat! $0 with 2 years payment. I thought I was leasing a car or something.

what is the full price of this phone? sound like T-Mobile charge you full price + 2 years contract.

They no longer work the phone discounts into their plan prices. So you can get a cheaper plan rate if you have an existing phone, but if you upgrade every 2 years, it works out about the same as any other carrier.

You just don't realize how much your paying for the phones on other carriers. This seems like a much more upfront pricing system to me.

The cost is much lower on T-Mobile over 2 years assuming that you're looking for an individual plan with unlimited voice and messaging along with a reasonable amount of high speed data.  Below is a comparison for individual plans, family plans would be very different.

Cost of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 plus service over 24 months:
T-Mobile:  $2,158 (Phone @ $29.50 for 24 months, $10 for SIM, $0 Activation Fee waived, Unlimited calls, text, and 2.5gb high speed data @ $60 for 24 months)
AT&T:      $3,216 (Phone @ $299.99, $36 Activation Fee, Unlimited calling @ $69.99 for 24 months, Unlimited texts @ $20 for 24 months, and 3gb data @ $30 for 24 months)
Verizon:   $2,700 (Phone @ $299.99, $0 Activation Fee waived, Device Fee @ $40 for 24 months, Unlimited calls, text and 2gb data @ $60 for 24 months)

Some caveats:
Both T-Mobile and Verizon are currently waiving activation fees, so their cost could be slightly higher.
T-Mobile data plans are unlimited, but they throttle you down after you hit the limit
T-Mobile also offers an unlimited high speed data plan for $10 more a month, something you can't get with AT&T nor Verizon
AT&T is more a la cart when it comes to voice and text, if you don't need unlimited, you can drop to a lower rate plan such as the $39.99/mo for 450 minutes - That would knock $720 off the price listed above taking it down to $2,496

Did you include taxes, surcharges and other fees on the monthly fee? It is a good deal without a contract, but I currently use a Note II on Prepaid and pay $45 a month (total) .. and usually pay less since I can get discounts. The only problem is getting a good deal on a phone with warranty support when you DONT buy it through a carrier. My Note II blew up due to a Samsung defect within two months of buying it, and Samsung USA would not support it. I'd like a Note III but would only buy one with a manufacturer warranty on it. So I think it's a decent deal, just don't forget about prepaid since all the misc fees on a $60 monthly bill can be almost $10 more a month or $500 extra over 2 years.

So I could pay $800 MSRP + $45/month x 24 = $1880 total, the big difference is I pay $845 the first month. Compare that to TMobile which would be closer to $2500 when you include the required fees.

Nexus 5 in less than 2 weeks for maybe $300ish no contract. Note be damned.

DamnoIT said:   Nexus 5 in less than 2 weeks for maybe $300ish no contract. Note be damned.
  I wouldn't compare the nexus 5 to the note series.  I'd compare it to the galaxy s series.

pitflyer said:   Did you include taxes, surcharges and other fees on the monthly fee? It is a good deal without a contract, but I currently use a Note II on Prepaid and pay $45 a month (total) .. and usually pay less since I can get discounts. The only problem is getting a good deal on a phone with warranty support when you DONT buy it through a carrier. My Note II blew up due to a Samsung defect within two months of buying it, and Samsung USA would not support it. I'd like a Note III but would only buy one with a manufacturer warranty on it. So I think it's a decent deal, just don't forget about prepaid since all the misc fees on a $60 monthly bill can be almost $10 more a month or $500 extra over 2 years.

So I could pay $800 MSRP + $45/month x 24 = $1880 total, the big difference is I pay $845 the first month. Compare that to TMobile which would be closer to $2500 when you include the required fees.

I am using T-Mobile's prepaid plan with an HTC Radar I bought in 2011. Right now I am paying $50 a month for unlimited talk ,text. and 4G data that gets throttled at 2.5 GB.
So for two years, I would pay about $2,000, including my taxes--about $800 for the phone and $1200 for the plan. I think this is the best deal for me, and I just need to 
find the right phone.

Save 14% on your bill with Tmobile and lower our 2 year cost: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1300802/

What are the chances for a phone surviving for 2 years? Guys get real, most $150 phones are capable of same things as $500 phones. Let's face it it's not like you are buying a car without ABS and an aribags. All phone have ABS and an Airbags now days. Do a little research and you can save hundreds of dollars, and upgrade to something new every year.

any chance that i will pay $708 upfront and walkout of store with out getting monthly plan and all... if so i love to buy today.

why1 said:   any chance that i will pay $708 upfront and walkout of store with out getting monthly plan and all... if so i love to buy today.
  It's available on eBay for $743 unlocked.   IMO it's better than getting all the bloatware and a locked Note 3 from TMO for 708+taxes---the total price may come out to be the same depending on where you live.
There is very little benefit to buy any TMO locked phone with bloatware for full price, even if you choose TMO as the carrier.

View said:   
why1 said:   any chance that i will pay $708 upfront and walkout of store with out getting monthly plan and all... if so i love to buy today.
  It's available on eBay for $743 unlocked.   IMO it's better than getting all the bloatware and a locked Note 3 from TMO for 708+taxes---the total price may come out to be the same depending on where you live.
There is very little benefit to buy any TMO locked phone with bloatware for full price, even if you choose TMO as the carrier.

Unless of course if you value the ability of being able to return something and gaining full warranty.

lambo881 said:   The cost is much lower on T-Mobile over 2 years assuming that you're looking for an individual plan with unlimited voice and messaging along with a reasonable amount of high speed data.  Below is a comparison for individual plans, family plans would be very different.

Cost of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 plus service over 24 months:
T-Mobile:  $2,158 (Phone @ $29.50 for 24 months, $10 for SIM, $0 Activation Fee waived, Unlimited calls, text, and 2.5gb high speed data @ $60 for 24 months)
AT&T:      $3,216 (Phone @ $299.99, $36 Activation Fee, Unlimited calling @ $69.99 for 24 months, Unlimited texts @ $20 for 24 months, and 3gb data @ $30 for 24 months)
Verizon:   $2,700 (Phone @ $299.99, $0 Activation Fee waived, Device Fee @ $40 for 24 months, Unlimited calls, text and 2gb data @ $60 for 24 months)

Some caveats:
Both T-Mobile and Verizon are currently waiving activation fees, so their cost could be slightly higher.
T-Mobile data plans are unlimited, but they throttle you down after you hit the limit
T-Mobile also offers an unlimited high speed data plan for $10 more a month, something you can't get with AT&T nor Verizon
AT&T is more a la cart when it comes to voice and text, if you don't need unlimited, you can drop to a lower rate plan such as the $39.99/mo for 450 minutes - That would knock $720 off the price listed above taking it down to $2,496

Nice post. I have AT&T.  You can also use google voice for text for Free and save a little more.  Last phone I bought was the galaxy S2 on black Friday two years ago for 97 cents with no activation fee.   I will be looking again this black friday.   So are these special deals gone?  Will my phone bill go down?  I think I pay $59 for family plan for 550 minutes now.  I have 2 other lines with no data.  My phone is 3gb a month.  Total bill with taxes is about $108 a month.   So $2592 for 2 years for 3 lines and three almost free phones is not too bad.  I did get an employer discount on my line only that is part of this.  My employer is not AT&T.  Paying over $700 for a phone really scares me.  Thx 

Wow, a very good deal. This is my favorite mobile from Samsung and I like it a lot, but the thing is, I have bought it already and I do not regret to miss this offer as this is a good mobile.

ViveLeRoi said:   
View said:   

Unless of course if you value the ability of being able to return something and gaining full warranty.

yes i also doubt that, i believe this will come with tmobile warranty and all if bought from them. .. i am not a big fan of nexus and not interested to give myself to google.

View said:   

If buying on eBay be wary of purchasing non-LTE models (ie international versions). Paying a little more for a non-bloatware device with NO LTE is a deal-killer for me IMHO

Ordered it last night over the phone.
I wanted to buy it out but it cost more to buy it out. With financing it is $708 and when you buy it out it cost you $739 (in store).
So after 5 years being going prepaid, I finally back into postpaid.

But IMO I will pay almost same amount (actually a little bit more) for my tmobile LTE service (which is excellent in my area). 
Here is what I got:
Line 1: Unlimited Talk + Unlimited Text + Unlimited 4G LTE  (Galxy Note 3)
Line 2: Unlimited Talk + Unlimited Text + 2.5Gb of 4G LTE (BYOD Nexus 4)
No Activation Fee+ No Sim Charge
10% Discount on Monthly bill , rep gave me for some membership.
So final  Monthly Charge=110-110*10%=$99
Taxes in NJ come out to be around $15 . Earlier I was paying 48 (Straight Talk) + 63.50 (Tmobile) for prepaid service. I wasn't getting LTE on my Note 2 through Straight Talk. My excel spreadsheet PV calculation  gave me a a value of $263 with 1.5% inflation. So in essence, I am paying $263 for Note 3 in present value terms. it's good enough to give me feel good factor.
lol

Can you use this phone on a t mobile prepaid plan?

IVYtony said:   Can you use this phone on a t mobile prepaid plan?

Yes.

708 for no contract?

I hate T-Mobile. Have had more dropped calls in one week than I've had with AT&T in a year. And coverage is so spotty. This is the bay area.

I have been reading from various Android forums that T-Mobile version most likely have unlocked bootloader, judging by past experiences. AT&T and Verizon more often lock the bootloader.

That means you cannot root or install custom ROM. I don't care bout ROM, but root is a must.

View said:   

Be careful on the REGION locking (this is NOT SIM lock). Basically, if you buy the Note 3 that is say, issued for European carriers, the Note 3 may not accept ANY SIM card outside of Europe.

Read this: http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-3-region-lock-issue-android-4-4-update-lock-older-galaxy-handsets-279416/  

I will be CAREFUL buying International version...

$700??? WHAT YOU THING I AM...RICH?? i AIN'T RICHIE RICH

so buying note 3 for $708 upfront and get it unlocked, then i dont have sim problems using elsewhere. please confirm.

As of 10/31/2013, for T-Mobile, $199.99 down for is the lowest I've seen. This is their retail store and online price. Has anyone seen any lower?

If not, how viable do you guys think of this plan, what if I start 1 new line of service with T-Mobile and then after 13 days (they have a 14 day return policy), I'll simply pretend to return it so that I can hopefully talk with the retention department to see if I can get some of the price off of it. Has anyone done this?

Today, 12/2/2013, Cyber Monday. You can get a Note 3 for $612 w/ Tmobile

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones/samsung-galaxy-note-3.html

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014