• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey FatWalleters!! There is a sale going on on Amazon. 20-25% off 

Extra % off is taken out during check out 

Picked up a few sensors and a electronic deadbolt. Figured I'd ;let you all know !!! 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_381424122_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1001298461&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=13WMDHT00ANTDF5ZEGZ4&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1615730582&pf_rd_i=B00AGK9KOG  

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

home automation (1.91kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Nexia Home Intelligence requires a monthly subscription ($9.99)
  • Also categorized in:

WHy red??? 

CueballSi said:   WHy red??? 

The lone red voted for "Not a Hot Deal - Price" - which I just don't get as I don't know of anywhere else selling Z-wave modules at prices that low. 

scoobydooby said:   
CueballSi said:   WHy red??? 

The lone red voted for "Not a Hot Deal - Price" - which I just don't get as I don't know of anywhere else selling Z-wave modules at prices that low. 

Thank you,,, nitch market i guess... but dam good deal on Zwave  products... can add them to ADT pulse systems 

Ain't really anything exciting because this deal has been going on for the last month or so, although it may end soon.

One reason for recent price drops since August on Z-Wave is due to recently discovered vulnerabilities in most Z-wave device implementations that allows basically any novice hacker with a packet capture sniffer app and a Wep hacking to easily capture and replay legitimate signals from Z-Wave devices to gain access to control or reprogram it. Source

cnIsfg said:   One reason for recent price drops since August on Z-Wave is due to recently discovered vulnerabilities in most Z-wave device implementations that allows basically any novice hacker with a packet capture sniffer app and a Wep hacking to easily capture and replay legitimate signals from Z-Wave devices to gain access to control or reprogram it. Source
Some of that is definitely concerning--when will manufacturers learn that obscurity does NOT equal security?  However, to do packet capture on a specific device on your home network, the attacker would have to be on your network and sniffing that specific switch port.  Even Verizon doesn't set up their wireless routers with WEP anymore like they used to, so I'm not convinced that this is a problem for most users running WPA2 with a solid passphrase. However, it's the potential ease of mucking with things on the 908MHz band that's bothers me.  Or am I overreacting?  Was it just a z-wave deadbolt that was compromised?

http://suretycam.com/can-hackers-unlock-my-z-wave-door-lock/

from what I could remember, I believe the lock company to be concerned with start with a K*. not the nexia or yale lines.
some known exploits shown at the conference earlier this year was
(1): lock pairing / setup will expose the AES key. setup is a once event therefore the key exposed has a narrow window to be captured.
(2): low battery / battery replacement and the need to re-establish a network regardless if it is the right network was an issue
(3): software web portal vulnerability were shown for units that are accessible from the internet. MCV was mentioned briefly in how it could be b-forced attacked, but the one they picked on mostly started with a H*.

if you find this info helpful, give some greens. thanks.

cnIsfg said:   One reason for recent price drops since August on Z-Wave is due to recently discovered vulnerabilities in most Z-wave device implementations that allows basically any novice hacker with a packet capture sniffer app and a Wep hacking to easily capture and replay legitimate signals from Z-Wave devices to gain access to control or reprogram it. Source

I figured I would put it up as I did a search and saw nothing. 

I chated with a rep and they said deal will send at the end of oct. 

CueballSi said:   

That's interesting, I spoke with them near the end of last month trying to figure out if it would continue into October. I was told they have no information and wouldn't be able to get that information.

jeffd said:   
CueballSi said:   

That's interesting, I spoke with them near the end of last month trying to figure out if it would continue into October. I was told they have no information and wouldn't be able to get that information.

Deal still up. Ordered the Schlage BE469NXCAM619 Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt for $163 yesterday and was surprised to see $34 taken off at checkout for a final price of $129. Saw it at Home Depot the other day for $199. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014