• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Twilight Zone Complete Series | eBay
Disclaimer

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/twilight-zone-complete-series 

Price: $133.44

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.amazon.com/The-Twilight-Zone-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B007... 

List Price: $399.98

Number of discs: 24

Run Time: 4483 minutes

Member Summary

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series [Blu-ray
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Mmm, tempting. Lowest it's been at Amazon has been $144 (plus another ~$10 in tax for me), according to that triple-camel price-tracking site.

I keep hoping to see this at Costco for $99 as the holiday season approaches.

Anyone know----are Chinese bootleg copies as much a problem with blu-ray box sets on eBay as they were with DVD box sets in years past?

ktg said:   Mmm, tempting. Lowest it's been at Amazon has been $144 (plus another ~$10 in tax for me), according to that triple-camel price-tracking site.

Anyone know----are Chinese bootleg copies as much a problem with blu-ray box sets on eBay as they were with DVD box sets in years past?

Yes, they're a problem.  An ethical problem.

Just like you expect to get paid for your work, the people who make movies expect to get paid for their work.
If the movie isn't worth what they're asking, then they've overpriced it, don't buy it.  Wait until the price drops
to what you're willing to pay.  But don't sell your character for a few books off a movie.

To Serve Man

SelfGovern said:   
ktg said:   Mmm, tempting. Lowest it's been at Amazon has been $144 (plus another ~$10 in tax for me), according to that triple-camel price-tracking site.

Yes, they're a problem.  An ethical problem.

Just like you expect to get paid for your work, the people who make movies expect to get paid for their work.
If the movie isn't worth what they're asking, then they've overpriced it, don't buy it.  Wait until the price drops
to what you're willing to pay.  But don't sell your character for a few books off a movie.

Yeah, I get that, and certainly agree. I don't buy bootlegs. But what I was really asking was--- at this time, are blu-ray box sets showing up as bootleg copies? Or just DVDs?

The wait-it-out strategy always works, at least with most titles. Some just take longer to descend than others. Historically I've seen a handful of old TV titles whose DVD/blu-ray sets were priced much higher than logic could explain---ie, when the X-Files first came out as whole season DVD box sets, it was something like $90/season...on sale. It took a LONG time for that pricing to descend to a consumer-friendly level. The original Star Trek is another example--- those sets stayed  expensive for years, and are only just lately turning up with reasonable sale prices. This Twilight Zone set seems to be following a similar trend--- a very slow-motion decline from the initial ~$200 price. Can't believe they really expected to sell many at that price point...

I bought this set at $159 last November from Amazon...great set...a bit pricey at that time...but this is $25 less (ish)....i'll bet it will be even lower near the holidays, but this is a decent price for now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014