rated:

36 lb. Organic Nitrogen Fertilizer-100048741 at The Home Depot
Disclaimer

Member Summary

36 lb. Organic Nitrogen Fertilizer
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Well, with only 5-2-0 you don't have to worry about it growing too much!

say what you will this stuff is awesome and lasts a while and doesn't burn.  nice green results (because iron).
However, this price is like everyday at WalMart so not really a great deal IMHO.

Thanks

Just paid 11.49/bag @ local Lowes

Check out the history of this stuff, Milwaukee people poo. It does have a distinct smell to it that lasts a day or two

I agree that this is good stuff! It greens up the lawn nicely. Unlike synthetic chemical fertilizers, it does not force it to grow overly quickly, and it will not burn your lawn if applied dry or over-applied. Don't be thrown off by the low numbers; the application rate is such that you still apply the right amount that your lawn needs.

However, this is a pretty regular price. I get it for $10.99 at my local DoItBest store (their every-day price):

http://www.doitbest.com/

May be good stuff but the nitrogen (only nitrogen) content is very low. This bag only treats 2,500 square feet. It works out to damn near double the cost of Scotts or Pennington. Definitely a bad deal

This stuff has worked quite well for me as a deer deterrent around my hostas.
I read about its deer repellant properties online, tried it, and it has worked really well for me this year.
Because of the low nitrogen content, you don't have to worry about burning up your plants, and can reapply pretty much as needed.

wak3er said:   May be good stuff but the nitrogen (only nitrogen) content is very low. This bag only treats 2,500 square feet. It works out to damn near double the cost of Scotts or Pennington. Definitely a bad deal
  try applying Scotts or Pennington (exampl..18-0-4 or 23-0-5) mid summer when your lawn might just needs a little snack...it will burn.  Milorganite is an anytime slow feeding with a good shot of iron, $12.37 is not a very good price, Do It Best is better especially if you can apply a coupon code to your store pick up order.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014