• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Screenshot of discounted rate
Disclaimer
Follow this 2013 link   

Click the link above. Even though the initial pages shows $17.99, following the registration process as a new user it will be discounted $11.98.

I used a new login and password compared to the previous years, which may not be necessary. Once logged in, you can import the previous year's tax information from Taxact by entering your previous years login information.

To check your locked rate, follow the topright "My Taxact" link and then within the new window the "My Taxact fees" link. In my case, $11.98 (see screenshot). You will not be charged until you file your taxes.

Member Summary

TaxACT Online Ultimate Bundle Edition
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks Op! I used last year's login and it still gave me: Your fee is $11.98 and includes your Federal and State Return.... (more)

blue9yun (Mar. 27, 2014 @ 12:59p) |

Thanks!  It worked for me this evening using my login info from last year.

STL (Mar. 30, 2014 @ 11:15p) |

STILL working!
Lost the email account I used to create an accoutn in Dec, so RE-CREATED another account just now... and S... (more)

Technologist (Apr. 13, 2014 @ 3:05p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you! I was unable to re-use my existing account from 2012. However, an account handle I'd used several years earlier no longer existed on their server so it let me re-register that one and lock in at the $11.98 price.

Thanks, OP! They keep offering it to me for $13.99.
Calahan said:   Follow this 2013 link          

I used a new login and password compared to the previous years, which may not be necessary.

Unfortunately, it is, as I found out last year. Seems kind of complicated to me, rather than being able to maintain the same user name year after year.

Thanks, I got the $11.98 price.

Got it.. Thanks OP

Are people still doing their tax returns ? Were they not due in April ? (unless extended).

Or is this for the return due April 2014 ?

BlueSeaLake said:   Are people still doing their tax returns ? Were they not due in April ? (unless extended).

Or is this for the return due April 2014 ?

2013 taxes are due April 2014.

Thanks OP - rep added

Thanks OP

Thanks OP

Green for you, I was able to re-use last years UN and email, just asked for some additional info to confirm the ID was mine.

thanks, I almost renewed this week on their "guaranteed" lowest pricing of $13.99. Used my same email as last year no problem, it did prompt me to verify last four of SS# to match up the account.Your TaxACT Fees - Special Preview PricingFor TaxACT Online Ultimate, your fee is $11.98 and includes your Federal and State Return. Additional State Returns are $14.99. For more information, see "My TaxACT" within TaxACT Online. TaxACT Price Lock Guarantee 

What, no federal shutdown comments?

thanks OP, worked fine for existing account through this link

Thank you!

arribasn said:   thanks, I almost renewed this week on their "guaranteed" lowest pricing of $13.99. Used my same email as last year no problem, it did prompt me to verify last four of SS# to match up the account.Your TaxACT Fees - Special Preview PricingFor TaxACT Online Ultimate, your fee is $11.98 and includes your Federal and State Return.

Ditto. Thanks OP. This is the $12 deal I try ti get every year, though I usually don't see it until January-ish.

thx op!! Saved me $2 from previous special!! GREEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Thanks, still $11.98, green!

Thanks, got the deal using old account.

I wish the Small Business package was on sale. It looks like that is 59.99.

arribasn said:   thanks, I almost renewed this week on their "guaranteed" lowest pricing of $13.99. Used my same email as last year no problem, it did prompt me to verify last four of SS# to match up the account.Your TaxACT Fees - Special Preview PricingFor TaxACT Online Ultimate, your fee is $11.98 and includes your Federal and State Return. Additional State Returns are $14.99. For more information, see "My TaxACT" within TaxACT Online. TaxACT Price Lock Guarantee  
  Worked for me today.  Thanks!

Worked for me just now. One thing to note for TaxACT Online 2012 users who wish to use the same log in, you need to keep password the same as well. I made the mistake of trying to use a different password (thinking these are two separate accounts) and got myself locked out for 15 min because the system thought I was trying to log in with a wrong password.

Thanks OP, got the discounted price exactly as described. I've been using TaxAct for several years after trying others. TaxAct is rated highly against the other big players. I do my own complicated long form with TaxAct and have no complaints.

Thanks OP! Was able to get the promo price with last year's account's login/pass.

Thank you.^_^.

I did not have to reregister to get this deal.

After following the above link, I clicked on the Tax Act logo in the top left which took me to the main page.
Then I clicked the button on the top right to sign in.
After signing in it told me I received the 11.98 price.

How does TA compare to other popular tax preparation software like TurboTax? TIA

CUinBlank said:   How does TA compare to other popular tax preparation software like TurboTax? TIA
  From my experience it seems to be good enough against TurboTax Online.   Sometimes I use both just to double check the results.  YMMV depending on the complexity of your tax situation.

use it since past 5 years. Thanks OP

thanks OP
no payment until we actually file

Thanks, was about to lock-in $13.99 rate and thought I'd check FW first.

Thanks OP.

Thanks OP.

Still works

This link still works- Thanks OP!

Still good. I have gotten to really like taxact after a number of years. Green!!

Have used Taxact for way too many years.  and will use again this year...

Justt created new account and got the reduced pricing.  Usually I just paid whatever price it quoted me at the end... getting older and pinching more pennies!

Worked until today Thanks OP

Just used like I don't pay till filing but am locked.

Skipping 26 Messages...
Technologist said:   Have used TaxAct for way too many years.  and will use again this year...

Justt created new account and got the reduced pricing.  Usually I just paid whatever price it quoted me at the end... getting older and pinching more pennies!

STILL working!
Lost the email account I used to create an accoutn in Dec, so RE-CREATED another account just now... and STILL got the reduced pricing for the ULTIMATE (11.98)...

now need to finish importing, and finish my returns...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014