• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for $49.99 when you sign up for 2 year $15 2GB data plan. So basically $419.99 for a Galaxy Tab 3 for two years with Cellular Data.  Not bad.

If you assume that this sells for around $200 in many places, you end up paying less than $10 a month for 2GB of data.

It is a pretty good deal.

Call a Sprint Business Rep for details.

Sprint
Need a Sprint coupon that earns Up to $125.00 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

galaxy tab (47.65kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Hmmm, thought it might be a good strategy to jump in what with Sprint acquiring T-Mo, but maybe not... Oh, well, 14 days... (more)

dbphillips (Dec. 17, 2013 @ 2:54p) |

is there any way to transfer this tablet to somebody else? I played it for couple of week and had no use of it.

keywest (Dec. 17, 2013 @ 3:15p) |

Ooh, you look kind of stuck. ETF is $350, so that's a loser versus just paying out the $5 +fees per month and selling as... (more)

dbphillips (Dec. 17, 2013 @ 3:51p) |

So, minimum cost (assuming you can't get an out on the ETF) is:

$50 plus $9.60 ($4.60 tax on $5 plan) * 24 months = $280.40

With that you don't get enough airtime, can't make calls, can't ever use another provider, and likely have bad signal and slow speeds much of the time.

All to get the equivalent of a $180 wifi device with $100 worth of LTE feature (which, did I mention?, you can only use with one provider).

"A restocking fee will be charged starting at $35 for devices and $75 for notebooks, netbooks and tablets. If the product is returned in its original unopened packaging or has not been activated, no restocking fee will be applied."
  • Also categorized in:


Don't expect to get 4G with Sprint's service.  They don't have coverage is a lot of areas.  So you'd be likely to get stuck with 3G data and very slow at that.  (based on personal experience with Sprint).  I don't even think $10/month for data is worth it IMHO.

AzianFleeMarket said:   Don't expect to get 4G with Sprint's service.  They don't have coverage is a lot of areas.  So you'd be likely to get stuck with 3G data and very slow at that.  (based on personal experience with Sprint).  I don't even think $10/month for data is worth it IMHO.
I have been with Sprint for 20 years.  I can tell you that they do have 4G coverage, though it is not as wide a coverage as AT&T or Verizon.  But to say don't expect it is just not right.

Do what you should do anytime you are looking at a carrier, check their coverage maps.  If you area is clearly within the coverage area you are usually safe, if you are on the borderline then be cautious.

Just found a way to make this deal hotter (at least for me). I was already paying $34.99 for a 3gb data plan from Sprint (I am out of contract), so now I am doing the following:

$49.99 buy the the tablet
$15 a month data plan for 2Gb on tablet
$19.99 add a 2gb hot spot to the tablet

So basically now that I cancelled my data card I am getting 1gb more if data than before (granted 2gb has to be used on the tablet) but I never used more than 2gb on my data plan anyway. (For those who are like what? 2gb a month max how do you do that? I use it for work, emails and VPN connection to a unix box, so 2gb is plenty)

Anyway, at the end of the day I ended up getting a tablet with data for $49.99 and no increase in Sprint costs for me. If you have a data card And are out of contract this may be worth considering.

Is this for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch

or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch

The 8 inch seems to have much better reviews, the 7 inch not so much, I'll probably bite if it's the 8 inch

radiobufff said:   Is this for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch

or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch

The 8 inch seems to have much better reviews, the 7 inch not so much, I'll probably bite if it's the 8 inch

It is the 7" version as stated in the Official Sprint News Release   Apparently according to Sprint insiders posting on the Android forums this is a special build Tab 3 7" especially for Sptrint so who knows what they have disabled?  For example e already known  to enable the Hot Spot feature is another $15/month.  You can probably use a tethering program to get around this but in my experiences those are a PITA.  IMO unless you are already on Sprint AND have actually have descent 4g LTE (Very few do) you can do better simply adding 2Gb of data to your existing smartphone plan and buying the WiFI version. Staples recently had the Tab 4 7" Wfi version for as low as $90 after a $75 coupon.

No need to call a business rep, it's available online now!
Killer deal.
http://crazytowndeals.typepad.com/blog/2013/10/hot-samsung-galaxy-tab-3-only-4999-at-sprint-with-2-year-contract.html

radiobufff said:   Is this for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch

or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch

The 8 inch seems to have much better reviews, the 7 inch not so much, I'll probably bite if it's the 8 inch

  
 1 inch can make or break a deal. The bigger the better, without being bulkier!
 

forzaINTER said:   No need to call a business rep, it's available online now!
Killer deal.
http://crazytowndeals.typepad.com/blog/2013/10/hot-samsung-galaxy-tab-3-only-4999-at-sprint-with-2-year-contract.html

  Oh yeah you can select a $5 plan

This is ridiculous.
So you pay $49.99
Pay $5 month.. (or more)
Free Shipping
No activation fee

In 4 1, my HTC Evo View 4G 2 years contract is almost up.

Do not forget the FW CB $25 and to enter the discount code MOBILE50 on the checkout page to get $50 future credit.


 

Damn! Too bad I just bought that Xelio tablet deal at WalMart last week. lol the $5 a month plan makes this a steal since I'm on my Wi-Fi 90% of the time.

Okay, I'm getting one. I can't pass this deal up. Especially with the $50 statement credit posted right above!!

Anyone else having issues ordering from Sprint's webpage today? The pages keep getting stuck at "Saving your selections"

I want to make sure I order online so I can get the $25 in FW CB and use the discount code MOBILE50. (Thanks sunja!)

maffew said:   Anyone else having issues ordering from Sprint's webpage today? The pages keep getting stuck at "Saving your selections"

I want to make sure I order online so I can get the $25 in FW CB and use the discount code MOBILE50. (Thanks sunja!)

  

Yea, mine got stuck on the final page after I entered my credit card info. I let it sit for a good 20 minutes. I checked and my bank card was already charged and I now have an existing Sprint account so I finally just closed the page. It seems to have went through.

Mine sat for 30 minutes and I still can't log in, but I was charged. No email from Sprint. I'll try again later.

  tried to use MOBILE50 and got

  • Bummer, this promotional code does not apply to any of the items in your cart.

In for one...

It went through just fine for me, including the MOBILE50 code. I went with the $5/25mb plan, since I'll be using it on wi-fi 95%+ of the time anyway.

Did anyone happen to notice that the $5 plans are a Limited Time Offer with an expiration date of 04/10/2014? I wonder how high they would go up from there!???**

Can someone post a link to the mobile50 link terms and conditions please?

I typed it in as Mobile50 and it worked. (Exactly like that.) $50 off.

My cell plan will expire in a month; if I sign up with the Galaxy Tab plan and drop my cell after the contract is up,  will it affect the Galaxy plan? Will I be able to keep the $5/25mb pIan? I am thinking of switching to a prepaid cell plan, maybe Straight Talk or Virgin Mobile.

Thanks.

Yes its working you need to Use it as MOBILE50 (cap matters)

no one said it was not working.  I asked if anybody had a link to the original offer.  Does anybody have that please?

I went ahead and got one this morning after nearly completing the order twice yesterday.

PhoenixMan said:   Just found a way to make this deal hotter (at least for me). I was already paying $34.99 for a 3gb data plan from Sprint (I am out of contract), so now I am doing the following:

$49.99 buy the the tablet
$15 a month data plan for 2Gb on tablet
$19.99 add a 2gb hot spot to the tablet

So basically now that I cancelled my data card I am getting 1gb more if data than before (granted 2gb has to be used on the tablet) but I never used more than 2gb on my data plan anyway. (For those who are like what? 2gb a month max how do you do that? I use it for work, emails and VPN connection to a unix box, so 2gb is plenty)

Anyway, at the end of the day I ended up getting a tablet with data for $49.99 and no increase in Sprint costs for me. If you have a data card And are out of contract this may be worth considering.

  Please, explain your math. $15/month for 2Gb on tablet Plus $19.99 per month for the hot spot and 2Gb of data? or just $19.99/month for 2Gb data+hotspot?
What do they provide "extra" for hotspot? My understanding is that I can run an Android app to create a hotspot without a carrier's approval.
I am a Sprint customer for 4 years. Their phone service suck, I get constant "call failure" indoor and outdoor. I will be out-of-contract next month, cannot wait. However, their data plan on tablet does look interesting. Does anyone know what ATT and T-Mobile offer for 2gb/month data?

$15 gives you 2GB of data to use on the Tablet. 
$19.99 gives you 2GB to use as a hotspot. 

So in theory if this were your only device you could use 2GB of data on the device, and then turn on the hotspot feature and use another 2GB of data.

2 separate buckets, one is sharable, one is only for the tablet.

My understanding is that carriers have gotten smarter about identifying when tablets are sharing the connection (making it a hotspot) and they can shutdown your device for violating their T&C's.  Never experienced this 1st hand but have been told if you do it they have gotten better at detecting it.  Not to mention since this is a Sprint build they may have addressed that directly in the build as well.

AT&T tablet plans are $30 for 3GB.  Or a hotspot 4GB for $50 a month (4GB-data bucket for $30 a month plus $20 for hotspot device)
Verizon is basically the same as AT&T, no collusion here though.

Does anyone knew about how much the additional taxes and fees are per moth if i were to only get the $5 per month plan? Will their be another $5 to $10 in mandatory fees? I am trying to estimate the actual bill per month as I want to compare the total cost over the 2 years.

dslusarc said:   Does anyone knew about how much the additional taxes and fees are per moth if i were to only get the $5 per month plan? Will their be another $5 to $10 in mandatory fees? I am trying to estimate the actual bill per month as I want to compare the total cost over the 2 years.
  
The $15 plan comes to $22 and some change here in MA
I passed

dslusarc said:   Does anyone knew about how much the additional taxes and fees are per moth if i were to only get the $5 per month plan? Will their be another $5 to $10 in mandatory fees? I am trying to estimate the actual bill per month as I want to compare the total cost over the 2 years.
  let me google that for you

See Sprint.com/taxesandfees.

Sometimes its faster not to be lazy and look it up, or call, than to wait on an answer to a question.
 

Warning to fellow Fatwalleters! Absolutely do not choose "pick up in store" option but have it shipped to you instead, otherwise you may end up fighting for those $25 FW CB and $50 MOBILE50 discount later on. Also, it took 1 hour just to pick it up at the store. Oh, and they've slapped the activation fee and bunch of surcharges on top, which I have to remove by calling customer service. DO NOT PICK UP AT THE STORE!!

@Shunja ..I have opted for home shipping.Is that a mistake? Am confused by you statement above.What is $25FW CB? how can i get this.

MOBILE50 or Mobile50 codes did not work for me. I tried many ways. Some other info worth knowing: 1) your minutes don't roll month to month, 2) the chipset is built-in, you cannot put it in a different device, 3)14 days to cancel (with possible restocking fee if the device is overly used or if you return on the last day), 4) plan can be upgraded or downgraded any time, 5) hot spot is not possible without paying Sprint because the device is rigged, app will not work. However, you can cancel hotspot after 1 month or any time. Hope that this helps. I did signup for a $5 plan. It is a reasonably good deal.

Home shipping is what you want. $25 FW CB is FatWallet CashBack, it is listed under the Cash Back stores tab http://www.fatwallet.com/Sprint-coupons/ 

C320 said:   
dslusarc said:   Does anyone knew about how much the additional taxes and fees are per moth if i were to only get the $5 per month plan? Will their be another $5 to $10 in mandatory fees? I am trying to estimate the actual bill per month as I want to compare the total cost over the 2 years.
  let me google that for you

See Sprint.com/taxesandfees.
Sometimes its faster not to be lazy and look it up, or call, than to wait on an answer to a question.
 

  

Seriously dude? What makes you think I did not see the page you linked to. If you actually read that page it does not give specifics nor does it explain what fees apply if you only get a data plan. I started the checkout process and the best it would tell me was $5 plus unspecified taxes and fees. If they can not tell me that info before buying an item from them I am not going to buy and I did not. I was hoping perhaps someone knew from experience in this forum about what those fees may be. My guess from your reply is that you have no clue to the answer to the question so why insult me when you have no answer yourself?


 

Wow, worst headache ever! I received an email saying my account was on hold and also received a call from a blocked number. I called the number in the email (which was in my spam) and they asked all of my info and I got worried so I hung up (sounded fishy when they asked my SS) So I try to chat with a rep online and I'm on hold there for a long time. She said I needed to verify more stuff, gave me a number to call. Called them, transferred about 5 times, had to get credit approval. Then I was approved for unlimited credit and had a "great credit score" and then he asked if I wanted to add up to 4 lines... Uh no, I just wanted the tablet and now I have a headache. (Don't say you have a headache reading this. )

MelissaAnne said:   Wow, worst headache ever! I received an email saying my account was on hold and also received a call from a blocked number. I called the number in the email (which was in my spam) and they asked all of my info and I got worried so I hung up (sounded fishy when they asked my SS) So I try to chat with a rep online and I'm on hold there for a long time. She said I needed to verify more stuff, gave me a number to call. Called them, transferred about 5 times, had to get credit approval. Then I was approved for unlimited credit and had a "great credit score" and then he asked if I wanted to add up to 4 lines... Uh no, I just wanted the tablet and now I have a headache. (Don't say you have a headache reading this. )
  I called when I noticed the order was in status that said I needed to be contacted.  I had to go through a credit verification, but I called them.  

Mine shipped today.  Hopefully the deal lasts until the end of the week, so I can order one for my daughter.

Got one today. Faster processor and more ram than the wifi only model that came out earlier this year. Got the $5 plan, and used the $50 code.

Ordered mine today with the $25CB, $50 bill credit, and the $15/2GB service.  They are estimating an arrival in 2-5 business days.

Skipping 81 Messages...
keywest said:   is there any way to transfer this tablet to somebody else? I played it for couple of week and had no use of it.
  Ooh, you look kind of stuck. ETF is $350, so that's a loser versus just paying out the $5 +fees per month and selling as soon as the contract ends. You should be able to get about $125 for it at the end and recoup part of your losses (or you might get lucky and have Sprint change the terms, giving you an out). I guess it couldn't hurt to try and get them to reduce the ETF to the amount of your contract. Someone might take it off your hands now by taking over the contract/monthly service fees, but that's a bit of risk for you, as they'd have to be sure it is all in working order. http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Customer_Instructions_for_Change_of_Ownership/2a4c5654-b645-4613-8262-a689a275e885?ECID=vanity:changeofownership



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014