• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Mediasonic BR-100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver V3.0 EDR with A2DP Technology with 3.5mm Stereo Output for Home Theater, Car Stereo System, Home Stereo System, Portable Speaker
Disclaimer
Amazon has the Mediasonic BR-100 Bluetooth receiver   for $12.99 with free super saver over $25 or prime shipping. This is for hooking up receivers, boomboxes, and other devices via standard line in or microphone port to your Bluetooth device such as your phone.

Features:
Bluetooth 3 (although the fact that it lists EDR makes me wonder if it is actually 2.1 Same difference as far as audio is concerned anyway)
A2DP (which basically just means it will be in stereo and not mono sounds)
Built in Li-ion battery (charges over included microUSB cable)
Works with android, ios, and other bluetooth devices to stream music to a non bluetooth enabled speaker setup.

Manfuacturer description page: MediaSonic  

Price comparison:
Meritline: $22.99 (Lowest was $14.99 with 1 day only coupon that is now expired).
Newegg: $21.99
eBay: $21.99 or more for all that I found

Camelcamelcamel says this is the lowest price and I have been interested in trying a cheap bluetooth receiver.

I got mine in an hour or so ago. It is smaller than I expected (I didn't read the dimensions on Amazon for some reason).

I did a few initial quick tests.

• Battery was initially too dead to turn on, but hooking it to a USB portable battery pack allowed it to start charging and also turn on so it could be used while charging.
  • It paired painlessly with my galaxy S4 with no codes or anything.
  • It sounds good on the PC speakers I tested it with. My receiver isn't set back up yet so that test will have to wait.
  • Range seems pretty decent. I can walk a couple of rooms away and it will start to get flaky after going through about 20 feet of walls and furniture. Once I walk back in range it starts playing again quickly.
  • When disconnected or turned off from my phone it connects again as expected once turned back on without me having to repair or anything silly.

Member Summary

Mediasonic Bluetooth 3 reciever
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal. Make sure you pair it with the Amazon 5% CashBack with your Chase Freedom or Discover card!

okunney said:   Great deal. Make sure you pair it with the Amazon 5% CashBack with your Chase Freedom or Discover card!
  Absolutely.  I used my freedom this time but with 5% for "online" going right now, my discover is getting more love than it often does.

thanks, gonna get me one.

Thanks OP and Okunney! I like Slomer have been wanting to try one if these out and luckily missed this on Mline. Used my chase card and got 2. One that will stay hidden under the drivers seat plugged into a Belkin USB 12v adapter and a cassette tape adapter in my car. The other plugged into my new Denon receiver and the USB from my Panasonic plasma (RIP 2014). The only thing I wonder is can I play music on my iPhone 5 to two sources at once? If not will it smoothly transition from my bluetooth jambox clone upstairs to this connected to my denon or car setup?

Thanks!

Ganjagadget =:-'>

Battery life???

I haven't tested the battery life yet since I don't really intend to use it on the go like that. I only have one so I haven't tested transitioning between devices. Honestly I think that is going to have more to do with how your phone handles losing a Bluetooth connection or gaining a second Bluetooth while already using one than the devices themselves since the are just receivers.

I don't think you can play with two sources at once. I just got mine today. Nice and little, but in my opinion the sound quality does not transfer as well as my other homemedia... specifically it is not as loud and the bass is a bit reduced. I wouldn't mind it for the price, but I think the homemedia is a better product.

FWIW, and AFAIK, it does not buzz when you charge, so no need for a ground loop isolator.

okunney said:   FWIW, and AFAIK, it does not buzz when you charge, so no need for a ground loop isolator.

I had only charged using a battery pack until today (which gave no noise).  Today I hooked it up to the USB port on my work laptop to charge while in use and unfortunately it does give some noticable noise if charging while listening with that method.  I then hooked it to the USB power from a cheap third party ipad charger and that does not give any noise as far as I can tell so it is a non issue for me personally.  It is worth mentioning though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014