• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Gateway DX Series Intel Core i5 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Desktop PC Windows 8 64-bit DX4860-UR28 DT.GE0AA.004
Disclaimer
credit techbargains

Newegg has this item for $394.99 after coupon code MBLOCT12 with free shipping and no tax in most states

Gateway DX Series Intel Core i5 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Desktop PC Windows 8 64-bit DX4860-UR28(DT.GE0AA.004)
Intel Core i5 3330(3.00GHz)
8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity
Windows 8 64-bit
Intel HD Graphics 2500

Newegg has the Gateway DX4860-UR28 Intel Core i5-3330 Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Desktop Computer for a low $394.99 Free Shipping after $25 off $250 Coupon Code: "MBLOCT12" (Exp 10/13)...Intel Core i5-3330 3GHz Quad-Core; 8GB RAM; 1TB HDD; DVD burner; gigabit; Windows 8; VGA & HDMI; USB 3.0; keyboard/mouse; 1yr Warranty

Thank you for reading

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Gateway DX Series Intel Core i5 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Desktop PC Windows 8
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Newegg said: The promo code  MBLOCT12 is for Mobile channels only. To use this code, download the Newegg Moblie App here and enjoy your discount!

Got a pair of these from an eMachines class action settlement. Just upgraded video card and PSU. The videocard was a two fan, 10.5 x 4.4 x 1.5 inch XFX FX-795A-TDFC. Plenty of room for that. The PSU was a 6.3 x 5.9 x 3.4 inch SeaSonic G Series 550-Watt SSR-550RM. Tight squeeze, but definitely doable. There were no cabling, bios, or other upgrade issues.

What I like: Out of the box, this computer is good to go. Set up is quick and default options are what I would choose myself. There is minimal bloatware. WEI is 5.2 (anchored by Desktop Graphics). This computer is very quiet. The fans are all BIG so they do not have to spin as fast. The fan on the CPU is enclosed in a cylinder which routes the warm air to a vent on the side of the case. There are TEN usb ports including two USB 3.0 ports on the back for new, fast usb disks. There are ports on the top of the case and at the top front of the case. The top front of the case is angled making it easy to 1) see the ports, and 2) plug stuff into the ports.

What I love: This computer is great for tinkerers. While the i5 3330 is a noble processor and the HD 2500 integrated graphics are fine for most, we plan to upgrade this computer. I was delighted to see how much bigger the case was on the inside than the outside. There are three 3.5" bays (one occupied) and two 5.25" bays (one occupied), so adding a BD player and a couple hard drives is trivial. There are two empty RAM slots so you can add to rather than upgrade the memory. There are four PCIe slots (one occupied by the wireless card), so you can upgrade the video to a discrete card. The power supply is standard form, so adding extra power for all those upgrades is a piece of cake.

Cons: The keyboard is completely unimpressive. It lacks dedicated media controls and feels cheap. To be fair, it works just fine.

Other Thoughts: The case is illuminated. Light shines through the Gateway logo and around the edges of the front and top of the case. It emits enough to illuminate the keyboard and looks cool. It might also keep you awake at night, so it's AWESOME that there is a switch on the top of the case to turn this light off.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014