• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

HSN
Need a HSN coupon that earns Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If you have "BankOfAmerica" credit-card, you should get additional 10 dollars via "BankAmeriDeals® Cash Back".

dhansookh (Oct. 16, 2013 @ 10:02a) |

back in stock at the same price!

iLetTheDogsOut (Dec. 17, 2013 @ 1:19p) |

I've had this for over a year. It is a very nice phone. The only think I don't like about it is that there is only 4 G... (more)

librarylady (Dec. 17, 2013 @ 2:44p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Old Andriod 2.3 - passed  (google the SPEC )
They upgrade the OS to 4.0, it is good (better if 4.3 Jelly Bean) - thx for the guys for correcting the information. 

kychao said:   Old Andriod 2.3 - passed
  Well, I'm seing things or you didn't read the Spects:The Key Specs
Display: 3.97" Super AMOLED touchscreen
Style: Bar
Storage: 4GB internal memory; 1 GB RAM
Camera: 5MP rear-facing; 1.3MP front-facing
Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Mode: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Can this be easily unlocked ?

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s_blaze_4g-review-740.php
Review

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_sold_100000_hongmi_smartphones_in_two_minutes-news-6966.php
Oh, and you can go xiaomi quad-core vs this dual-core at the same price point...with the Android 4.x instead of 2.x

adorable said:   http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_sold_100000_hongmi_smartphones_in...
Oh, and you can go xiaomi quad-core vs this dual-core at the same price point...with the Android 4.x instead of 2.x

No where in the spects says that this is a 4G phone. only 2G and 3G are mention for the HongMi, and the Samsung is a 4.x Android as I mention on the spects early.
  http://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3 GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900
http://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3 HSDPA 1900 / 2100
http://www.gsmarena.com/glossary.php3?term=sim Dual SIM

deals2get said:   Can this be easily unlocked ?
  Unlock it from eBay(Columbia Seller)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cheap-Easy-Unlock-T-Mobile-Samsung-Galax...

I have had this phone for 18 months. Easily unlocked, rooted, upgraded to 4.0 if you want. Nice phone

Can this be used with WalMart Family Mobile from T-Mobile?

Do I have to go with TMoblie for even 1 month? or can I buy it and unlock it immediately and use it where I want without ever having TMobile service?

I have the post paid version of this phone. It has 4G (no LTE) and Android 4.0 without rooting/unlocking/whatevering, just needs to be connected to your PC with Samsung's software for ICS.

I think this phone with its upgraded OS 4.0 ICS  is a similar value to my Windows  Nokia 521 at $80 (which I like).    Better camera with a flash plus a front facing camera and variety of apps that an Android phone has.  On apps,  I understand how you don't need 50 apps that make your phone a flashlight instead of maybe 5 good choices on  windows,  but, android has some cool apps that may be a long time coming to Windows ... just saw separate apps on identifying trees,  another on plants,  birds, rocks that was only avail on android.

Not sure how the batteries compare.   Any other major differences?
Here's a site that uses the old OS for the Blaze in its comparison.
http://smartphones.findthebest.com/compare/206-545/Samsung-Galax... 

Lots of no-contract phones deals lately. I've bought the Nokia 521 @ $80, LG L9 @ $100. Between these 2 and this Samsung phone @$130 which one is better? I have not opened any of them yet and I am within the return period and need to make a decision. (I use T-Mobile)

icecow said:   Do I have to go with TMoblie for even 1 month? or can I buy it and unlock it immediately and use it where I want without ever having TMobile service?
  If you get an unlock from a third party, you can use it as you wish right away. If you want a free unlock from T-Mobile, their terms are that the phone has to be active for 40 days on their system. Someone will post that they got a T-Mobile unlock right a way, I tried with the 521 and the rep said she could put it through, but the offline people would kick it out.

ZHS said:   Can this be used with WalMart Family Mobile from T-Mobile?

A Tmobile sin can be sued in a WM Family Mobile so the opposite
is surely possible.

Lots of no-contract phones deals lately. I've bought the Nokia 521 @ $80, LG L9 @ $100. Between these 2 and this Samsung phone @$130 which one is better? I have not opened any of them yet and I am within the return period and need to make a decision. (I use T-Mobile)
  i'd prefer the lg l9 if going to use it unlocked on t-m0bile.

Anybody know if this is a new in box item or refurb ??

Is this for prepaid or can I put my tmobile card in it

Is this for prepaid or can I put my tmobile card in it

Lakeside5 said:   Is this for prepaid or can I put my tmobile card in it
  All T-Mobile phones can be used as Prepiad or Postpaid, all you have to do is insert your SIM card, that is it.

Enjoying these cheap phones coming out w/o contracts...

st205 said:   Anybody know if this is a new in box item or refurb ??
  New in retail box

DO NOT  BUY THESE PHONES FROM HSN.  VERY POOR QUALITY PHONES.  I BOUGHT ONE . IT IS VERY BAD ONE.    ALL THE SPECS LOOKS SO TEMPTING. VERY VERY VERY BAD. STAY AWAY FROM  THESE CRAP.

ravib1204 said:   DO NOT  BUY THESE PHONES FROM HSN.  VERY POOR QUALITY PHONES.  I BOUGHT ONE . IT IS VERY BAD ONE.    ALL THE SPECS LOOKS SO TEMPTING. VERY VERY VERY BAD. STAY AWAY FROM  THESE CRAP.
  care to elaborate? i love samsung products and the galaxy series is yet to disappoint me

iLetTheDogsOut said:   
ravib1204 said:   DO NOT  BUY THESE PHONES FROM HSN.  VERY POOR QUALITY PHONES.  I BOUGHT ONE . IT IS VERY BAD ONE.    ALL THE SPECS LOOKS SO TEMPTING. VERY VERY VERY BAD. STAY AWAY FROM  THESE CRAP.
  care to elaborate? i love samsung products and the galaxy series is yet to disappoint me

I bought a Galaxy SII for $220 in June from HSN, and it was in excellent condition (new). Used it for a couple of months, unlocked it officially from T-Mobile, and gave it to a relative. These are popular phones available in many places and not sold exclusively by HSN only. If you had received some defective phone, you could have returned it, with the 14-day or whatever policy you had.

I am so tempted to get this at least as a good backup.

jimates said:   
st205 said:   Anybody know if this is a new in box item or refurb ??
  New in retail box

The listing didn't say new or refurb so wasn't sure thank you.

AMOLED burns like hell.
stay away.
Believe me I own Galaxy Nexus which is newer than this still burned a lot.

thezen said:   AMOLED burns like hell.
stay away.

what exactly does "burns like hell" mean?  consumes a lot of power?  is too bright?  feels hot in operation?

A lot of person around me using this phone. Seems good. Considering buying this one!

collinong said:   
stay away.

what exactly does "burns like hell" mean?  consumes a lot of power?  is too bright?  feels hot in operation?

AMOLED actually uses less power.  Blacks are very natural but the screens are harder to see in the sunlight.  All of the Galaxys have AMOLED screens and they do not get hot unless your phone heats up in general when the processor is running hard.

collinong said:   
stay away.

I think he means the screens can easily suffer from image burn in. My wife's AMOLED had this happen to it. Just don't leave any images on the screen for a long time.

iseetrails said:   
collinong said:   
stay away.

AMOLED actually uses less power.  Blacks are very natural but the screens are harder to see in the sunlight.  All of the Galaxys have AMOLED screens and they do not get hot unless your phone heats up in general when the processor is running hard.

Unless things have changed, AMOLED displays consume less energy when displaying black and more when displaying white than LCD. I think tests show that with normal use LCD comes out on top with battery life. I think they also consume more power at higher brightness levels than LCD at higher brightness levels.

jtroye32 said:   Unless things have changed, AMOLED displays consume less energy when displaying black and more when displaying white than LCD. I think tests show that with normal use LCD comes out on top with battery life. I think they also consume more power at higher brightness levels than LCD at higher brightness levels.
  Agree. I've used both and LCD does consume more power. However,  IPS LCD looks a bit better IMO for the same resolution.
  I still have my Samsung Behold II with AMOLED and it works surprisingly well and very durable after 4 years.  
  The GS Blaze 4G got good reviews and scored higher in benchmarks than SII and Note I. 
  However the screen is too small to my needs.  I agree it is most comparable to the Nokia 520/521 but with a bit more horsepower, more apps and a front camera.(with the trade off of not having an offline GPS)

If you have "BankOfAmerica" credit-card, you should get additional 10 dollars via "BankAmeriDeals® Cash Back".

back in stock at the same price!

I've had this for over a year. It is a very nice phone. The only think I don't like about it is that there is only 4 GB of onboard storage, leaving less than 2 GB available to the user. It is easily rooted, but once you install Titanium Backup on it, there is about 50 MB left for docs, music, etc. Fortunately, there is an expansion slot for an SD card, but the lack of onboard storage means you are constantly moving apps, deleting files, etc.

I unlocked mine easily last year before thelaw chaned, and it works very well on ATT and ATT mvnos, as well as Tmobile/tmobile mvnos.

I just pulled the trigger on the $49.99 Nokia 520, both to try out the Windows Phone OS, and to get the added onboard storage space (the 520 has 8 GB storage).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014