3-pk Iphone 5 lightning cables $5.99

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
Did anyone get these yet?

NCMom said:   Did anyone get these yet?

I wish I can tell you. Maybe try asking the people above your post?

If its coming from China , I would wait for 5 week. I order week ago no confirmation yet.

I ordered the white set on 10/14 and I just got a DHL shipping notification today but the tracking # isn't active yet.
My shipping confirmation said: Thank you for your order from itechdeals! We wanted to let you know that your order (#100057xxx) was shipped via USPS, DHL GM Parcel Expedited on 10/28/2013.  You can track your package at any time using the link below.

received mine, wife says it works. its like buying small things on eBay coming from china. please be patient and wait for it.  thanks OP

Received my 3 black cables last week. They work fine. No complaints.

Delete

Just got three white ones today. They work fine. They also have the same connector size as the OEM ones.

I don't see any speed issues with the cable. They work perfectly fine.

Ordered on the 14th. Got a shipping confirmation on the 27th. Today (31st) tracking info started showing up and it looks like I will get it today or tomorrow.

I ordered a pack for myself and my family, thank you OP

OK, received these from my order on October 13. Two DOA, no charging/no connection at all.
One responds with the message about being non-certified and may only transfer data and will not
sync.

Of the three two have already had the plastic pull off the lightening connector.

Where is the link to buy these?

Ordered white cables on the 14th.  Received a tracking email on the 27th, but DHL site still shows "No Results".

BostonOne said:   Ordered on the 14th. Got a shipping confirmation on the 27th. Today (31st) tracking info started showing up and it looks like I will get it today or tomorrow.
 Received mine yesterday (11/1). So far they work fine on iPhone 5s - no alert/warning. 

slyreptile said:   Just got my white cables yesterday. They work, but the fit is pretty tight. They work though, so overall, I'm happy.
  Mine were tight also. Ended up ruining my connector in the phone. Apple replaced the entire phone, so that's that. Fake cables aren't worth it, IMO.

coolbreeze said:   
slyreptile said:   Just got my white cables yesterday. They work, but the fit is pretty tight. They work though, so overall, I'm happy.
  Mine were tight also. Ended up ruining my connector in the phone. Apple replaced the entire phone, so that's that. Fake cables aren't worth it, IMO.

These are "Made in China"  so its like HIT & miss

Got the black ones. Only 6 days from order to delivery. They seem to work and fit fine. No error messages.

Just placed an order for the white ones.

coolbreeze said:   

sounds like you ruined the phone, not the cable.  I have zero complaints and no error messages.  I did pull on one of the cables too hard and it pulled out.  But other than that, no problems.

lynxis said:   
coolbreeze said:   

sounds like you ruined the phone, not the cable.  I have zero complaints and no error messages.  I did pull on one of the cables too hard and it pulled out.  But other than that, no problems.

Nah, it wasn't the phone's fault. It was the knockoff cable's fault.

Pro-tip: if the cable is a tight fit (all fakes are) you should be concerned. This is how it started with my boxwave one. After a few weeks using the cheap knockoff cable, my iPhone would only accept the genuine cable one specific direction. From that point on, my genuine cable (and all) would only charge in one specific position. I would frequently have to plug in, realize it was not charging, then remove the cable, rotate and plug back in. Then it would charge.

Fact is, the fake cable (ala this deal!!1) broke my phone. This is a 100% fact. You won't get an error message. Your port will simply be damaged by fake, oversized (i.e. tight fit) cables.

I hope you have AppleCare. Red away, but all of this is a true story.

Only buy real charging cables (lightning, anyhow). If you cheap out, you will pay dearly. Don't believe me? Good luck, then.

oem vs non oem
Disclaimer

oem vs non oem
Disclaimer
coolbreeze said:   
lynxis said:   
coolbreeze said:   

Pro-tip: if the cable is a tight fit (all fakes are) you should be concerned. This is how it started with my boxwave one. After a few weeks using the cheap knockoff cable, my iPhone would only accept the genuine cable one specific direction. From that point on, my genuine cable (and all) would only charge in one specific position. I would frequently have to plug in, realize it was not charging, then remove the cable, rotate and plug back in. Then it would charge.

Fact is, the fake cable (ala this deal!!1) broke my phone. This is a 100% fact. You won't get an error message. Your port will simply be damaged by fake, oversized (i.e. tight fit) cables.

Only buy real charging cables (lightning, anyhow). If you cheap out, you will pay dearly. Don't believe me? Good luck, then.

yeah...like i said, I bought 15 of these, and no problems.  And I seriously don't know what you mean by "tight" fit.  I am sitting here with my OEM and the one I bought and they fit the same.  I flipped them and both sides charge up fine.  Of course, I am not going to test out all 15, but the 3 that I have unwound and in use have no such problems.  Unless you were jamming the cables into the socket, there is no way that the cables would "break" the phone.  I had an older Boxwave cable that I dropped right on the port and the tip broke off. I had to use a tweezer to pull it out.  But the phone was fine.  So IMO, your story sounds a little off....sorry.

Here are some pics I took and as you can see, they look almost identical.  The white is an Apple OEM and the black ones are non-oem.

lynxis said:   
coolbreeze said:   
lynxis said:   
coolbreeze said:   

yeah...like i said, I bought 15 of these, and no problems.  And I seriously don't know what you mean by "tight" fit.  I am sitting here with my OEM and the one I bought and they fit the same.  I flipped them and both sides charge up fine.  Of course, I am not going to test out all 15, but the 3 that I have unwound and in use have no such problems.  Unless you were jamming the cables into the socket, there is no way that the cables would "break" the phone.  I had an older Boxwave cable that I dropped right on the port and the tip broke off. I had to use a tweezer to pull it out.  But the phone was fine.  So IMO, your story sounds a little off....sorry.

Here are some pics I took and as you can see, they look almost identical.  The white is an Apple OEM and the black ones are non-oem.

I think I know what the other poster is talking about. the new cable is a tad tighter to push in and out, at least for me also.  besides being a little bit tighter for what ever reason, the cable works fine for me.

Got mine on Saturday. I pulled one out to test it and it worked. I was about to pull it out and flip it over to see if it charged both ways (some complaints said the fake cables only charged one way), and as I pulled it, the entire casing came off of the new cable. I was able to remove it from the phone by pulling the actual cable which is a no-no. I considered crazy gluing the casing on, but at this point, I think I'll just go with name-brand knock offs to be on the safe side. Although the fake cables work just fine for some, there are tons of horror stories out there, and I don't want to become one! We have way too many i-devices to chance it.

Received my white cables today.  So far, so good, although it's too early reach a conclusion. 

I appreciate all of the feedback posted here, even if it's negative like what coolbreeze wrote.  I don't doubt that he had a problem and I was careful to note just how much force I needed to insert the cable.  Fortunately, it seemed to be the same as my OEM cable.  The other problem mentioned is that the cover comes off at the end.  I believe this is a complaint against OEM cables too, but I'm sure it's more common with generic.

For now, I'm happy that the cable will sync with the computer and work with the charger without an error message.  Also, I'm impressed that the plastic casing around the lightning connector is the same size as OEM.  I was considering certified cables from Amazon or Newegg, but I was concerned that those would not fit with the case on.

i purchased the white cables that are supposedly compatible with 5s and iOS 7. well it's not. the cables are real tight fit, and it doesnt charge my phone saying its not a compatible accessory. i wouldnt purchase again.

I would place an order but the checkout page is not secure...

2 of my 3 cables worked great. One did not work so I tossed it.

wiru said:   
lynxis said:   
coolbreeze said:   
lynxis said:   
coolbreeze said:   

I think I know what the other poster is talking about. the new cable is a tad tighter to push in and out, at least for me also.  besides being a little bit tighter for what ever reason, the cable works fine for me.

after couple weeks of use , this is what happened. one cable fell apart, still works but the white part comes off thus exposing black micro chips inside.  second cable died, no longer able to sync or charge after I plugged into a portable battery bank. just start using the 3rd one now. anyone try to contact them to ask for credit due to quality? tia.

here's what's funny and you can take it as it is. I use the OEM lightning cable with no issues. I use other cheapo brand lightning cables with no issues. Then these bad boys came in the mail. I can the accessory not supported only when I am charging in my car. Everywhere else they work fine. (Same with my wife's phone and her car). But the kicker is that my other cheapo cables now don't work in the car either. I don't know why but they worked up until the moment I tried these cables. Oh well.

Mine worked great , came after 4 weeks

I received mine after three weeks. The plastic casing pulled off of one of them , but I can still charge with it. Beats paying full price for one of those puppies

I think the bottom line here is YMMV as far as cable quality. If I didn't have AppleCare, I probably wouldn't risk it.

The qualify is good. I have no complaints.

Got mine.  Only 1 of the 3 will work.  Oh well, still glad at least 1 works.

Posted a few times in this thread and going on 3 weeks with 3 of the cables from my first order in early October, using them as my primary charging cables, and they still work fine. Have 3 more that I received a few days back that all worked without issue.

I use the original cable when I travel and in the car (when it is being packed up, moved around, etc) and based on the comments in this thread am being sensitive when plugging in or removing the cable.

This looks to be the very definition of a YMMV deal, just wanted to share one positive story. (However, who knows, these may stop working tomorrow!)

Posted a few times in this thread and going on 3 weeks with 3 of the cables from my first order in early October, using them as my primary charging cables, and they still work fine. Have 3 more that I received a few days back that all worked without issue.

I use the original cable when I travel and in the car (when it is being packed up, moved around, etc) and based on the comments in this thread am being sensitive when plugging in or removing the cable.

This looks to be the very definition of a YMMV deal, just wanted to share one positive story. (However, who knows, these may stop working tomorrow!)

I have found that the cables work fine when plugged into my USB wall charger and car charger. However, when I plug them into my Macbook's USB port, they do not work. So, I end up using my original cable when attached to my computer and these cables everywhere else.

got it , works great!
Took a long time to arrive!

Placed an order. Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014