• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
parksfamily5 said:   Placed an order. Thanks
  Great , wait for 5 week atleast 

rated:
I would say these cables are worth getting. I bought the 3 pack and all 3 of them work with the iPhone 5 (which is the only phone I have)

rated:
I got the cables a while back and they charge just fine with my 5s and off  any source. The problem is like others have mentioned......its too tight. I feel a discernible subtle click when inserting the OEM cable, thiese do not have that subtle click. They also are slightly larger then OEM.
YMMV

rated:
I got a 3 pack. They shipped fast and they all worked on my 5s

rated:
I bought a three pack of the 3' cables and a two pack of the 10' cables. All worked fine for about 2 weeks. I use one at home on computer, one in my car, one in wifes car and one at work and just a spare hanging out. After several charges on each cable, it seems they all stopped working around the same time. First it was the one on my computer, I got the error message first, then it wouldn't charge at all. Then the one in the car, then the one at work. None of them charge my phone now. Pretty bummed... YMMV.

rated:
Received them and they work great!

rated:
Junk.
Doesn't work on 5 and 5s

rated:
Exactly the same happened to me. Worked for a couple of weeks then nada.

rated:
bkemp99 said:   Exactly the same happened to me. Worked for a couple of weeks then nada.

Unfortunately typical of the knock-offs. I had the same thing happen. Got tired of messing around and throwing out cables. $20 a pop for the Apple ones is painful but they work...and if they don't, Apple Store will replace it.

Just food for thought. Sometimes one can be penny wise yet pound foolish.

rated:
cpabster said:   
bkemp99 said:   Exactly the same happened to me. Worked for a couple of weeks then nada.

Unfortunately typical of the knock-offs. I had the same thing happen. Got tired of messing around and throwing out cables. $20 a pop for the Apple ones is painful but they work...and if they don't, Apple Store will replace it.

Just food for thought. Sometimes one can be penny wise yet pound foolish.

I must agree. Have bought a few batches of cheap ones. They are not consistent. And, like 3 or 4 times, the end has snapped off in the phone. ( this was a teenagers phone, so keep in mind, it may have been somewhat to mostly their fault)

Bit the bullet on some Monoprice ones. We shall see how their "lifetime guarantee" works ...

rated:
Here's the deal w/ these pieces of crap. Poor soldering/wire job at the lightning connector - slight twists will easily break the wire/solder connection and the cable fails. had this happen w/ all of the ones in use over a short amount of time. horrible product.

rated:
joeyacac said:   Here's the deal w/ these pieces of crap. Poor soldering/wire job at the lightning connector - slight twists will easily break the wire/solder connection and the cable fails. had this happen w/ all of the ones in use over a short amount of time. horrible product.

i ordered 6 of them a month or so ago. they all work fine. i've used several and gave several to my family. none are the primary/daily use cable but are used in the car, somewhere extra around the house, and in my desk at work.

i just ordered 6 more. they might not hold up to a year of daily use but i'm pleased enough, especially for the price. what i paid for 12 cables would've bought me 1 cable + tax from apple.

rated:
finally received mine. one out of the three was doa.

rated:
Three out of six have already failed on me.

rated:
Another update and data point for people to consider...

I ordered 9 total cables, we use most of them daily. All still working fine. Based on the comments and reviews, we're just careful of the connectors.

The Apple cables are obviously better quality, but as Patofw said, I'm OK with that since I have 10 cables for the price of one.

I use the Apple-made cable when I'm traveling or when I'm going to be coiling the cable for travel, etc.

rated:
Don't buy from this company, they ship defective products

rated:
These cables are totally YMMV. I have 6 all working perfectly after 3 months now, but others have problems. Consider the $6 a crapshoot, if you get lucky, great. If not, just pay Amazon the $12 for a cable that is more reliable and has a 1 year warranty.

rated:
Here's a bit of a bigger concern than the cable simply ceasing to charge. I left one of my cables plugged into an iPad mini and went out to dinner. When I returned, I went to unplug the iPad, and the end of the cable was very hot. Looking at the plastic surround, it had deformed due to the heat, which is a hazard.

I tried plugging the cable into another iPad, but got the unable to charge message. The next morning, after the cable cooled down, it would charge fine again. I can't imagine this was a fluke, so I am not planning to use this cable any longer.

Given this issue and the numerous reports of cables that stopped working or that arrived DOA, the quality control on these cables is poor. I bought a couple of the CABOC certified cables at Newegg on BF and they work fine. While they are 6ft length (which is good), they are much thicker which while making them more durable, makes them less portable.

rated:
I have been using it for almost 2 months now. These work fine. My feedback:

1. Very snug / tight fit (not necessarily a bad thing)
2. After using it for some time interchangeably, the original now charge only in one direction. First time it happened, I got scared but then I flipped the cable and it started working. Just checked that someone else also had the same problem, so it's not just me with this crazy theory. 
3. My kids always pull the cable out using the cable itself (not the end) and one of the cables just came off the casing. This is just 1 out of 3, other 2 are running fine.

Overall, I'm happy, but after reading the thread again, just worried about the phone's port itself, as I don't have warranty.  

rated:
$4.99 now.  1 out of the 3 I bought 2 months ago just stopped working.  The other 2 are still working.  I just ordered 3 more. 

rated:
Shipment slow but the cables work with no issues. Got a pack of 4 last time and now I don't have to move cables around. More than worth the price for that convinience!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014