Samsung SL-M2820DW Mono Laser Printer
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

Receipt
Thanks Redbeard25
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does the trade in have to work? I have a Lexmark that doesnt print all the time or not in black.

blueis300 said:   Does the trade in have to work? I have a Lexmark that doesnt print all the time or not in black.
† Don't know - they didn't power mine up. I just dropped it off, and they scanned a barcode, and boom - $20 off.

Got one today. in Atlanat, GA. First the casher didnít know this specific trade-in program for this product. So she called the store manager to come over. The manager didnít know it either, at first. So I told them that I saw it at Staples.com. Then they started to looking for that product at their register screen through internet. And they found it, fourtunately. The tradein code was actually on the printout that the casher has looked into before! Then they refused to use a $5 off $30 coupon I received through email, without even trying it! So I ended up with 5 bucks down. But it's ok. I gave them a dead Dell printer that I picked up from in front of my apartment's trash. They didn't test it or anything, just picked it up and took it to the back.

Thanks OP for the info!

Beware - my own experience suggests Samsung printers are garbage. †Just had to throw away a Samsung ML2510 which I bought a few years ago and kept as backup. They don't work on printer servers where print jobs just stop in the middle of printing. †Then attached via USB, next thing the door sensor broken and now it won't print anything with "cover open" error.

Google shows that many people have the same two problems. †Brother rocks, and has cheaper toner, too.

Thanks for your anecdotal opinion about Samsung printers in general.† Here's mine as a counterpoint.

I've had a Samsung†ML-2525W for I'm guessing almost 5 years.† Light use, has only been through 3 new cartridges.†
It's fast, has good print quality, does envelopes, and hasn't failed me yet.

Like any other product, check the reviews for the model you are looking at, if they are available.

I just bought mine online for $79.99-$25 online coupon they emailed me-$20 trade in at store for a final cost of $34.99.They credit whatever method of payment you used the $20. The reviews on this printer are fantastic.

Very good deal! Used the $5 off $25 in addition to the OP's discounts.
$55 for a new, duplex, WiFi, Laser printer.

OMG!!! This one has to go back!!! I just discovered the toner cartridge for this printer (and the printer) are ONLY sold through Staples. Toner is NOT AVAILABLE from ANYWHERE ELSE in the USA (even from Samsung). If Staples decides to stop stocking the MLT-D115L toner cartridge the printer is worthless!!!

Add to that, the only reviews on this cartridge are that instead of 3000 pages, the two reviewers only got 200 pages!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014