Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Luggage
Thanks Ayla
Disclaimer

not great reviews, but probably good enough for a college bound kid
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Samsonite 5 Piece Nested Luggage Set

$89.99 FSSS

Hey, very good deal!

Pretty poor reviews for this luggage.

Not really, pretty average reviews. For $90 you can't expect a whole lot. They'll surely be better than the store brands or off-brands you are going to typically get at this price range (and often not 5 pieces, either).

Prime too, nice.

It looks good to me, too. You'd pay much more for high end luggage.

I have the same set at home and am quite happy with it.

Wish I needed more luggage.

Swimmy, Swammy, Slappy, Swanson...

I say this in every thread but spinners are totally 100% worth the extra money. so much easier to get through a crowded plane sideways than straight on.

dark530 said:   I say this in every thread but spinners are totally 100% worth the extra money. so much easier to get through a crowded plane sideways than straight on.

Depends on use case but I'd agree. Just be careful because A LOT of the "spinners" really suck there is a wide variety of quality and durability on them. For someone who doesn't fly regularly it may not be an issue or worth the extra change.

Looks like a pretty good deal and considering I have a nephew who will be starting college in January - I think I'll buy this for him for Christmas. Thanks MM

I have this set. I took the largest piece to mainland china and back twice. That was 4 hops each way. Held up great, but i ditched that piece after because near the end of the second trip i was worried that the wheels wouldn't hold up. I did wheel it around some pretty rugged streets for days.

My aunt bought my daughter luggage when she started college. Not a good idea if they are in the dorms. There is no room to store it.  Most kids brought their stuff in trash bags and duffle bags.

I still think this is fake Samsonite, I bought same items last year.Quality and workmanship is very poor.

Are they good for international travel? 2 Check in baggage(23 Kgs each) and 1 cabin baggage that's what I am looking for??

tk20999 said:   I still think this is fake Samsonite, I bought same items last year.Quality and workmanship is very poor.
  U bet, For original $90 will be tax amount

For the 10-year warranty, keep your receipt and be prepared to ship it off for repair. Also, be aware that they don't cover damaged caused by the airlines.

In my opinion, this is not a "hot" deal. The luggage is probably worth the price, but not more.

I am terribly sorry for my Hot Deal having a price change after I had posted.

Truly it was priced as $89.99...but due to Amazon raising the price to $100.00 this is now the current price to this durable luggage.

looks like a good deal. Too bad I don't need any luggage.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014