• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
When you Download each of these apps listed below you will get you 20 FREE coins, which is worth $0.20. If you download them all of them you’ll have $4.60 to spend on Android apps in the Amazon app store.

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

coins_for_purchase
Thanks smileyriley
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Since you didn't link the new apps in this post (I see you updated your OP), you may as well just include a link to the ... (more)

billrubin (Oct. 25, 2013 @ 2:19p) |

new apps were listed at the start of this thread edited at the beginning

edjmakd (Oct. 25, 2013 @ 2:22p) |

tried to start a new thread but someone else already beat me to it

edjmakd (Oct. 25, 2013 @ 2:23p) |

THE ONLY WAY TO USE THE COINS IS TO OWN A KINDLE! Android devices with kindle apps are not eligible.

^^^ this information appears to be incorrect

I am able to purchase android software and do not own or have a kindle device using the coins. When you are in the app store and have a paid app in the cart, the cart indicates that the coins can be used for payment. For the $3.99 app that I purchased, I was able to purchase with no additional funding by using only these coins. The coins show in the cart, which shows two choices (in my case), either 'Use 1-click Settings' or 'Spend Amazon Coins 399 coins'.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Less than $5 to install 23 crap programs to your phone? I'll pass.

SecondGunman said:   Less than $5 to install 23 crap programs to your phone? I'll pass.
  You don't have to install them, just purchase them (for $0).

Free credits and no need to download
SCORE!!!!!!!!

kingston said:   

It appears I have to install the Amazon Appstore App, and then use it to install these apps.  How are you buying them without installing them?

labboypro said:   
kingston said:   

It appears I have to install the Amazon Appstore App, and then use it to install these apps.  How are you buying them without installing them?

When you purchase the app via Amazon.com you get the credits immediately, you do not have to install the app to your phone. Just click the buy button and the app is added to your cloud storage, installing them is up to you.

Amazon puts all your apps on the cloud, you don't have to download them to your device. If you aren't using Amazon's app store you are missing out because every day they have a paid app for free and there have been lots of good ones. I had about 6 of these already, but you can't beat making 20 cents on a free app. Thanks OP!

Get em. thanks OP!

Thanks, got most of it, since I had some of them previously ordered.

When do the points expire?

Thanks OP
to answer a previous question. purchase them from your PC or Laptop via Amazon.com, that way it goes to the cloud, but you wont need to download

Thanks. Also, don't have to use your phone-android device to do this, you can use your browser on Amazons webpage, purchase by clicking. To check your balance, you have to view a pay app, Amazon displays your balance in the right hand corner, won't do so on a free app.

valuephile said:   When do the points expire?
  2.4 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, Promotional Coins we give you on May 15 will expire on May 31 of the following year). When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first (and will be applied in the order of their expiration dates, with the earliest expiration date first), followed by your Purchased Coins. 

Don't need to install. Got them all, includes ones that aren't compatible with any of my phones.

I ordered them and then deleted the ones I didn't want from my Amazon account.

Nice, only took me two minutes. Good deal

now the real question is what exactly is worth buying in the Amazon app store. They do have a history of not really updating their apps like they would in the regular play store.

Good deal, just took me three minutes or so, but I get more

pghphil said:   I ordered them and then deleted the ones I didn't want from my Amazon account.

How do you delete them from the Amazon Account.  I see them under digital orders .

Wow this is cool...more free coins... Most of the apps seem to come from reputable companies. Be aware of in-app purchases though if you give them to kids.

Trying to figure out the point of this Amazon App store..does it provide Apps you can't download normally thru Play on your phone?

What can we do with the coins?  Can we use them to buy more apps? 

allup said:   What can we do with the coins?  Can we use them to buy more apps? 
  Please please tell me you read the TITLE of this thread.

allup said:   What can we do with the coins?  Can we use them to buy more apps? 
  YES!
5. Amazon Coins can only be used to purchase eligible products through the Amazon Appstore. Coins are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.

Thanks, OP - I had already "bought" FIFA 14 last week so that was the only one I didn't get coins for.

How do you check your coin balance? I downloaded the apps last night via web, but haven't received any sort of email notification.

EDIT: nevermind, found it.

I even purchased the apps that aren't even compatible with my tablet, just to get the free coins. And Appstore allowed it. LOL!! My account is now reading a balance of 460 coins.

promyst said:   
labboypro said:   
kingston said:   

When you purchase the app via Amazon.com you get the credits immediately, you do not have to install the app to your phone. Just click the buy button and the app is added to your cloud storage, installing them is up to you.

Thanks, but I guess I wasn't clear on what I'm experiencing.  When I follow the OP's links, instead of a "Buy" button, it is giving me a "Continue" button... which takes me to a page that is telling me I need to install the Amazon Appstore App on my device (not the app I just tried to buy, but their App app first).  Unless I do this, it won't let me "buy" anything.  Are you saying this is NOT how it worked for you?  Or are you saying that there is a way around this?

labboypro said:   
promyst said:   
labboypro said:   
kingston said:   

Thanks, but I guess I wasn't clear on what I'm experiencing.  When I follow the OP's links, instead of a "Buy" button, it is giving me a "Continue" button... which takes me to a page that is telling me I need to install the Amazon Appstore App on my device (not the app I just tried to buy, but their App app first).  Unless I do this, it won't let me "buy" anything.  Are you saying this is NOT how it worked for you?  Or are you saying that there is a way around this?

You'll have to install the Amazon App Store app onto at least one device first and link your Amazon account. You'll need this since the $4.60 is useless unless you have this app.
Think of it like the Google Play store, just a different market.

You don't have to install any of the 23 linked apps above. Once you have the Amazon app installed, when you click on those links above on a PC you get a "purchase" button instead of "continue." This gives you the credit and adds the apps as available to download (you don't have to install them).

You'll then have the coins you can use to buy any of their apps through their store. You can browse the Amazon store through a PC browser or the Amazon App store app on your device.

Install the Amazon App Store on your device. Every day they have a free app of the day and sometimes they are quite valuable. I buy the free apps every day as they are simply stored in my Amazon account and you can just cancel the install if you purchase on your phone and you own the apps forever, even after they are no longer free.

Thanks OP. I wish I saw this earlier... I JUST TODAY purchased something from the Amazon App Store for $5 (first time in ages... I'm normally just getting the Free App of the Day), and obviously, this would have saved me $4.60... I guess it'll work for the next app I buy- in a year .

Also, I thought the coins were just for Kindle Fire Owners, I'm glad I checked this thread!

Where do I check the balance of my coins?

Great deal OP! Free $4.60 for 2 minutes worth of effort!

PhDeez said:   Thanks OP. I wish I saw this earlier... I JUST TODAY purchased something from the Amazon App Store for $5 (first time in ages... I'm normally just getting the Free App of the Day), and obviously, this would have saved me $4.60... I guess it'll work for the next app I buy- in a year .

If it makes you feel any better, you can't use coins toward a larger purchase and pay the difference - it's all coins or nothing.  You wouldn't have been able to redeem 460 coins towards a $5 purchase; you would have had to pay with cash/credit or buy more coins (and the minimum in coins you can buy is 500).

likethemcheap said:   Where do I check the balance of my coins?

To see your current Amazon Coins balance, log in to your Amazon.com account, go to the detail page of any paid eligible Appstore item on Amazon.com. Your balance is on the right side of the screen, below the option to "Spend Amazon Coins."

wiseguy1100 said:   Great deal OP! Free $4.60 for 2 minutes worth of effort!
  Dito, just click, click and click.
Thanks OP.

kingston said:   
You'll have to install the Amazon App Store app onto at least one device first and link your Amazon account. You'll need this since the $4.60 is useless unless you have this app.
Think of it like the Google Play store, just a different market.

You don't have to install any of the 23 linked apps above. Once you have the Amazon app installed, when you click on those links above on a PC you get a "purchase" button instead of "continue." This gives you the credit and adds the apps as available to download (you don't have to install them).

You'll then have the coins you can use to buy any of their apps through their store. You can browse the Amazon store through a PC browser or the Amazon App store app on your device.

Thanks for the explanation.  I was expecting the credit to be a real credit to my AMZN account... but the credit is in some "virtual coin" that their App Store app uses.  Makes sense now.  

got'em all. easy in 2 minutes, cannot refuse free money.

Any way to do this without an android device? I'm looking to switch soon but don't have one yet.

Skipping 33 Messages...
tried to start a new thread but someone else already beat me to it

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014