• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

macys
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Is there any additional off for the doorbuster item such as dining set?

jeffson88 (Oct. 24, 2013 @ 9:19p) |

What's Kmart? †

inda (Oct. 28, 2013 @ 11:58p) |

Any idea if 70% of ALL memory foam pillows will actually include Tempur-Pedic?

Yoksel (Nov. 23, 2013 @ 8:40p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Heaven help us. All this is going to do is start the nagging for every other ad that is likely a month away.

Can't believe they are opening on Thanksgiving night. What happened to that day being about family?

rtmcwilliams said:   Can't believe they are opening on Thanksgiving night. What happened to that day being about family?
††
What ever made it about family? †And why do you think this changes what Thanksgiving means to you?

Nobody is forcing you to go shopping. †Do what you want to do.

rtmcwilliams said:   Can't believe they are opening on Thanksgiving night. What happened to that day being about family?
††There's only so much money available for Christmas shopping and some merchants want to get a leg up on the competition.

slickdeal45 said:   
††
What ever made it about family? †And why do you think this changes what Thanksgiving means to you?

Nobody is forcing you to go shopping. †Do what you want to do.

Yes, the choice is always yours...

slickdeal45 said:   Nobody is forcing you to go shopping.†
† But somebody IS forcing the employees to leave their families and go to work.

Doppler4000 said:   

† Exactly. Personally I think it's awful. Employees rushing to finish their dinner with their families and friends to go back to work at a late hour.

That's life at the bottom of the food chain. They have choices, too.

Never feel sorry for someone else's choices.

slickdeal45 said:   That's life at the bottom of the food chain. They have choices, too.

† Ouch.†

Guess it depends on your family. Some people may be feeling blessed they have to leave dinner early to go to work

Doppler4000 said:   

† This argument always comes up. †No, they're not being forced to work. †They accepted employment, and unless their employment contract explicitly calls out that no employees are required to work holidays... †then they agreed to it by accepting the employment offer.

Let's not turn this into the "Evil Corporation" banter. †They are welcome to pursue work elsewhere, and you are welcome to enjoy your family at home. †I find it disturbing you're making the assumption that everyone wants to sit at home and watch their families eat and sleep. †I also find it disheartening that you're even carrying on like this while not starting petitions to have our troops brought home for the holidays, same principle, right?

It's a big sales day, if you ran a large retail business you would look to increase profits as well... † or lose your business and cost those employees their jobs anyways.

If you REALLY wanted to show these employees that you support them, why not offer to cook them dinner, late or whatever, and have it ready for them and their families when they finish their shift?

I can't wait to finish dinner and go to work so I don't need to see my family any longer

Talk to the hand!
Disclaimer
Best item on the ad!

I love Macys, but as I understand this was always a day reserved for their employees to have off before the hectic holiday season...So much for tradition! I guess new traditions will always prevail...I just never thought I'd be old enough to be questioning change!!

No more Black Friday for Macys? now is Black Thursday?

Support Macys employees, do not shop on Thursday . That's one of the reason I like Publix, they are closed on major holidays.

slickdeal45 said:   That's life at the bottom of the food chain. They have choices, too.

††
Your thought process explains a lot.†

That I believe we're each responsible for our own choices, and their outcomes? Blaming others is foolish.

fedechat said:   No more Black Friday for Macys? now is Black Thursday?

Support Macys employees, do not shop on Thursday . That's one of the reason I like Publix, they are closed on major holidays.

If any of you really wanted to support the employees, you'll go shop at their store. More profits equals continued employment...

Can we get back to discuss if there are any real deals here rather than personal opinions on what's right and wrong?

Wait till we see the WalMart ad. I bet the open at 6pm or earlier.

At WalMart I understand that all employees are required to work on Black Friday as part of their employment.
The 'shift' to Black Friday sales starting on Thursday has been happening for several years now, but remember, Kmart used to be open on Thanksgiving for a long time, also (and I believe still is).

As a night owl I prefer going shopping after dinner on Thursday than getting up so early on Friday. Again, my personal preference so the rest of you can go to sleep for four hours and then go

Thanks for sharing the ad, OP

OP thanks, though this is quite early
WalMart can decide whenever they want to open, people would still show up

There is no deal discussion at all , just about hours !!!!

I guess that means there really aren't any deals.

FWIW, I bought one of the couches in the BF ad last week. I called today, and the manager gave me a price adjustment to the BF price. Not bad!

Is there any additional off for the doorbuster item such as dining set?

pitflyer said:   At WalMart I understand that all employees are required to work on Black Friday as part of their employment.
The 'shift' to Black Friday sales starting on Thursday has been happening for several years now, but remember, Kmart used to be open on Thanksgiving for a long time, also (and I believe still is).

As a night owl I prefer going shopping after dinner on Thursday than getting up so early on Friday. Again, my personal preference so the rest of you can go to sleep for four hours and then go

Thanks for sharing the ad, OP

††

What's Kmart? †

Any idea if 70% of ALL memory foam pillows will actually include Tempur-Pedic?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014