• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Did you use original rewards to pay or did you pay with a "balance coupon"? If you used your original rewards, you need ... (more)

JimsEmptyWallet (Oct. 21, 2013 @ 8:11p) |

I used an original code off my phone app.  It has always printed a coupon before when there is a remainder

Wizard83 (Oct. 21, 2013 @ 9:06p) |

As I wrote, you need to call. The original rewards code has been used and will do you any good.

JimsEmptyWallet (Oct. 21, 2013 @ 9:12p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

2799otd paper (bleh)
Disclaimer
the 16gb usb seems sorta decent ($8 would be better, but since it's Staples, $10 is okay...)
472377 Kingston® 16GB USB flash drive $9.99
472376 Kingston® 32GB USB flash drive $19.99

787727 Bounty® Basic paper towels, 8 rolls $5.99

180278 Toshiba® Canvio Connect portable hard drive $59.99 (okay price, but I prefer under $50 personally)
$19.99 Logitech® K310 washable keyboard 957527 (sorta decent price IMO)

aforementioned paper deals
$3.99AR Staples® 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, 500-sheet/ream (possible coupon? we'll see...rebate limit 4)
the case paper coupons in the back...

copy center deals
$9.99 Large Window Decal

McAfee 2014 software (suggestion of limit 1 rebate/product/name/address/yr, but enforcement might be easing up, just in case)
$9.99AR McAfee® AntiVirus Plus 2014, 1 PC 264173
$9.99AR McAfee® Internet Security 2014, 1 PC 264171

VivYip said:   the 16gb usb seems sorta decent ($8 would be better, but since it's Staples, $10 is okay...)
472377 Kingston® 16GB USB flash drive $9.99
472376 Kingston® 32GB USB flash drive $19.99

787727 Bounty® Basic paper towels, 8 rolls $5.99

180278 Toshiba® Canvio Connect portable hard drive $59.99 (okay price, but I prefer under $50 personally)

aforementioned paper deals
$3.99AR Staples® 8.5" x 11" multipurpose paper, 500-sheet/ream (possible coupon? we'll see...rebate limit 4)
the case paper coupons in the back...

copy center deals
9.99 Large Window Decal

if the $5 off $15 and/or 15% off breakroom q's from this week continue to work on Sun/Mon of next week, should be able to get some nice deals on the BountyBasic/Charmin Basic items.

no ad for next week showing for my location

Another snoozefest....

harry12345 said:   no ad for next week showing for my location
  For the moment they have taken down next week's ad.

No FARewards duracells this week? I thought the last couple of years we got one week in October and then each week from thanksgiving to christmas.

radiation said:   No FARewards duracells this week? I thought the last couple of years we got one week in October and then each week from thanksgiving to christmas.
  http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=74&threadid=1226575 
It was this time last year.  Maybe a week off before we go full force the last week of October for month end sales?

I'm still not seeing an ad for next week.

billrubin said:   I'm still not seeing an ad for next week.

I got an email yesterday telling me about the "new Staples" website rollout that they've been hounding the Staples Feedback Forum members about.  Maybe it has something to do with this ??

labboypro said:   
billrubin said:   I'm still not seeing an ad for next week.

I got an email yesterday telling me about the "new Staples" website rollout that they've been hounding the Staples Feedback Forum members about.  Maybe it has something to do with this ??

That's my guess as well as to why. Staples IIRC likes to do maintenance on Friday nights.

ETA: The real reason they took it down is because the ad prices on the MS Surface products which are not officially released until 10/22. Notice they are blacked out in the updated ad.

TheGMan said:   
radiation said:   No FARewards duracells this week? I thought the last couple of years we got one week in October and then each week from thanksgiving to christmas.
  http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=74&threadid=1226575  
It was this time last year.  Maybe a week off before we go full force the last week of October for month end sales?

Did a quick check and couldn't find a Q4 2013 Duracell rebate. Let's hope both Duracell and Staples step up to the plate!

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   
 Did a quick check and couldn't find a Q4 2013 Duracell rebate. Let's hope both Duracell and Staples step up to the plate!

Dano

Yes.  I donated and sold 50+ packs of batteries last year... and now I find myself scrambling to feed my kid's game controllers  There will be no batteries PURCHASED in this household.  Kid can go outside and play with a stick!

sad post with only a single link

Danzilla said:     sad post with only a single link
  You are welcome to make a better OP.or update the QS with deals.

Danzilla said:     sad post with only a single link

it's a pretty sad week!

There is a rebate on an item that says "valid 10/13-10/19" . If I purchase the item now, will it be eligible for the rebate?
On Staples.com its still showing the rebate on the item page. . .

chatterbox22 said:   There is a rebate on an item that says "valid 10/13-10/19" . If I purchase the item now, will it be eligible for the rebate?

Staples.com date stamps orders according to Eastern time (daylight savings observed). The rebate site honors the Staples.com date stamp. Consequently the rebate system will automatically invalidate the rebate. Some have had success in such situations by contacting Staples Rebate customer service and arguing that it was X date in their time zone when the order was placed.

bpvh said:   
chatterbox22 said:   There is a rebate on an item that says "valid 10/13-10/19" . If I purchase the item now, will it be eligible for the rebate?

Staples.com date stamps orders according to Eastern time (daylight savings observed). The rebate site honors the Staples.com date stamp. Consequently the rebate system will automatically invalidate the rebate. Some have had success in such situations by contacting Staples Rebate customer service and arguing that it was X date in their time zone when the order was placed.

Thanx. I'm eastern time zone. I thought maybe Staples.com goes by MST since the rebate offer is still showing on the item page.

After this clarification, I wont place the order. 

chatterbox22 said:   
bpvh said:   

Thanx. I'm eastern time zone. I thought maybe Staples.com goes by MST since the rebate offer is still showing on the item page.

After this clarification, I wont place the order. 

It takes several hours for Staples.com to fully update.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

it's a pretty sad week!

So sad that my ad has the same '20% back in Rewards on color copies; coupon included twice to take up space where a decent deal or coupon could have been.  

OP
I was able to reserve Saturday and pick up the two cases + Free 1/2 Case today fort the lower price. Staples guy had to manually adjust the price probably because the bar code didn't come through on my reserve pickup email. It had the number but no bar code. He ended up adjusting OK. I think he even gave me a little more off than the reserve price was.

One thing, I paid with a Staples reward that was a few dollars more than the final amount, but no remainder coupon printed out from the register.

Can I still use the $9 or so remaining if I know the original number? Or does Staples generate a new number for the remainder balance coupon?

Cheers

Wizard83 said:   OP
I was able to reserve Saturday and pick up the two cases + Free 1/2 Case today fort the lower price. Staples guy had to manually adjust the price probably because the bar code didn't come through on my reserve pickup email. It had the number but no bar code. He ended up adjusting OK. I think he even gave me a little more off than the reserve price was.

One thing, I paid with a Staples reward that was a few dollars more than the final amount, but no remainder coupon printed out from the register.

Can I still use the $9 or so remaining if I know the original number? Or does Staples generate a new number for the remainder balance coupon?

Cheers

Did you use original rewards to pay or did you pay with a "balance coupon"? If you used your original rewards, you need to call. If you used a balance coupon, you are out of luck. Balance coupon has to be used in whole.

I used an original code off my phone app.  It has always printed a coupon before when there is a remainder

Wizard83 said:   I used an original code off my phone app.  It has always printed a coupon before when there is a remainder
  As I wrote, you need to call. The original rewards code has been used and will do you any good.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014