Bike 1
Disclaimer

Bike 2
Disclaimer

Bike 3
Disclaimer

Bike 4
Disclaimer
Just picked up a Northrock XC6 Mt Bike for $199 today, was $349 last week. Total of 4 different bikes on clearance, see attached images.

Update: this is very YMMV. Find out what day your Costco drops prices, my store is Tuesday. You now know what the discount will be, you just have to check back once a week. With Winter here, Costco can't keep these bikes in stock much longer.

Northrock XC6:
http://www.northrockbikes.com/mountain-xc6.php††††

Northrock has some good assembly videos, if Costco hasn't assembled it:
http://www.northrockbikes.com/shop-talk.php††††

As always, for those of you who constantly whine about imperfect posts: man up or call mommy.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The cheaper bikes for $150 are the 2 beach cruiser type bikes which didn't seem any better then WalMart bikes.

http://www... (more)

JTRONX (Oct. 20, 2013 @ 11:20p) |

Tustin's Costco at the District had the beach cruisers for $149.97.† Other bikes were at regular price.

TRDMX83 (Oct. 20, 2013 @ 11:30p) |

Everyone needs to be patient and let your local Costco drop the price. Just check back once a week, call if you want, th... (more)

bulldingo (Oct. 21, 2013 @ 10:12a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I had read somewhere that prices ending in 97 cents are great clearance deals

Is this a quality bike or just slightly better than the WalMart specials?

Where was this store?

optical said:   Is this a quality bike or just slightly better than the WalMart specials?
††
These appear to be middle of the road bikes and better than WalMart bikes. I would def grab one if I had a Costco near me. †.

We bought two bikes at Costco this year. Both are very well built, appear to be much higher quality and performance than anything we have ever owned.

Anyone know if the they will keep slashing the prices down if unsold on these clearances? e.g. like Targets clearance?

Not bad.

does annyone know how much these weigh ? as I plan to use it for my daily commute in train/bus.Their website online does not specify the weight.

optical said:   Anyone know if the they will keep slashing the prices down if unsold on these clearances? e.g. like Targets clearance?
† Costco does continue to slash prices but its more store specific than chainwide. †The slashed prices will also end with '.97.'

I'm not certain that I want to pay even discounted prices to do this.

is it ymmv? local costco price is still high (or atleast thats what they are telling me)

can some one pl. tell which store has these bikes on clearance? Thanks.

luvGnuLinux said:   does annyone know how much these weigh ? as I plan to use it for my daily commute in train/bus.Their website online does not specify the weight.††

At least 32 lbs.

shivarajan said:   is it ymmv? local costco price is still high (or atleast thats what they are telling me)
† Definitely YMMV.. I just got back from my local Costco in San Diego, and they still have them for regular price.

smurph98gt said:   
shivarajan said:   is it ymmv? local costco price is still high (or atleast thats what they are telling me)
† Definitely YMMV.. I just got back from my local Costco in San Diego, and they still have them for regular price.

† The weather is so fantastic in San Diego, they may not have to mark them down as in other areas with rain & snow.

optical said:   Anyone know if the they will keep slashing the prices down if unsold on these clearances? e.g. like Targets clearance?
††
From what I've read Mgr markdowns end in .88 or .00

I guess if they don't move at clearance price the Mgr. can mark an item down more to move it.

Also the asterisk in the corner means that the item wont be reordered. All these have it.

Towards the end of summer, the remaining bikes they did have were all scratched up on the frames.

skylergirl said:   Towards the end of summer, the remaining bikes they did have were all scratched up on the frames.
† My Costco has 1 display bike assembled per model, the rest are in boxes. I only found 1 glitch when I assembled mine, but it wasn't major. You're probably better off assembling it yourself or taking it to a bike dealer.

Folks, I have purchased a bike from Costco 3 years ago and it was a Diamondback low-end full suspension mountain bike. I purchased it in the Spring but never spent much time on it until Summer. I started riding it on some of my local trails but by the 4th ride on the trail, the front derailleur broke and can't shift properly. I took it back to Costco and they promptly accepted the return after 6 months and gave me my full money back. My point is you can buy with confidence at Costco as they will take care of you.

I can tell you bikes at Costco are generally low-end bikes that's slightly better than WalMart/Target. Their bikes are geared toward beginners. If you want a bike with better components or lightweight and can last for years to come, it will best for you to visit your local bike shops where they have better quality bikes and selections.

I also had purchased a Diamondback from Cosco a few years ago.† The front derailluer also failed on mine.† Local bike shop charged me $15.00. Said it was a kink in the cable.† Everything else about this bike has been top notch.

All bikes are regular price at my Costco (Industry, CA). The demo's were poorly assembled and missing parts. If you're intend to buy a demo bike definitely buyers beware.

As for the bike, I find it too heavy to my liking. It's sometimes hard to gauge what 32+ lb is until you see the bike in person. †With that said, if the price drop some more to the range of WalMart prices, it wouldn't be a bad buy given Costco's return policy. †

ARMAGA said:   Folks, I have purchased a bike from Costco 3 years ago and it was a Diamondback low-end full suspension mountain bike. I purchased it in the Spring but never spent much time on it until Summer. I started riding it on some of my local trails but by the 4th ride on the trail, the front derailleur broke and can't shift properly. I took it back to Costco and they promptly accepted the return after 6 months and gave me my full money back. My point is you can buy with confidence at Costco as they will take care of you.

I can tell you bikes at Costco are generally low-end bikes that's slightly better than WalMart/Target. Their bikes are geared toward beginners. If you want a bike with better components or lightweight and can last for years to come, it will best for you to visit your local bike shops where they have better quality bikes and selections.

††
I'm putting in a plug for local bike shops, too. Though the upfront price may be higher, service is so much better. When I bought my new bike, I received help to pick out the frame that fit me best and received a free professional fitting to the bike. I also get repairs for free (only have to pay for parts). If you plan to do use a bike for anything more than going around the block, it's important to get the right fit. At this price, even used quality bikes on Craigslist are also a great option (though, I may be lucky in that regard living in a somewhat bike-friendly college town with a decent bike turnover rate).

Ok I went to my local Costco and they have 8 but guess what they would not owner this price. Still at full retail. San Diego-

Does anyone know what state this bike was sold...the local rep said what state, they would look up and consider honoring with the printed price.

Ok I went to my local Costco and they have 8 but guess what they would not owner this price. Still at full retail. San Diego-

Cheaper bikes at my Costco are on clearance @ $150. That said, all of those bikes at Costco are poorly assembled with improperly adjusted derailleurs, brakes, and wheels. One can often find a high quality Made in Japan Centurion Ironman Cr Mo Tange #1 tubing for about $200 on CraigList. Add $80 tune up and you've got a bike that can rival a modern $800 machine.

The pedal of my son's Costco assembled bike fell off while pedaling. He crashed and got badly cut. Do not trust Costco assemblers, they are not trained or supervised.

po90260 said:   The pedal of my son's Costco assembled bike fell off while pedaling. He crashed and got badly cut. Do not trust Costco assemblers, they are not trained or supervised.
††
You let your son ride a bike that you hadn't thoroughly checked out? †That's on you.

E4300 said:   Cheaper bikes at my Costco are on clearance @ $150. That said, all of those bikes at Costco are poorly assembled with improperly adjusted derailleurs, brakes, and wheels. One can often find a high quality Made in Japan Centurion Ironman Cr Mo Tange #1 tubing for about $200 on CraigList. Add $80 tune up and you've got a bike that can rival a modern $800 machine.
††
How about sharing the location add some usefulness to your post.

optical said:   
E4300 said:   Cheaper bikes at my Costco are on clearance @ $150. That said, all of those bikes at Costco are poorly assembled with improperly adjusted derailleurs, brakes, and wheels. One can often find a high quality Made in Japan Centurion Ironman Cr Mo Tange #1 tubing for about $200 on CraigList. Add $80 tune up and you've got a bike that can rival a modern $800 machine.
††
How about sharing the location add some usefulness to your post.

† Are you planning to have it shipped to you?

Model and buying used on Craiglist + LBS tune-up suggestion is useful.

Ah no. How about other people in the area that want to take advantage of the deal? Wouldn't it help to know the which Costco it is?

The cheaper bikes for $150 are the 2 beach cruiser type bikes which didn't seem any better then WalMart bikes.

http://www.northrockbikes.com/cruiser-bikes.php

Tustin's Costco at the District had the beach cruisers for $149.97.† Other bikes were at regular price.

Everyone needs to be patient and let your local Costco drop the price. Just check back once a week, call if you want, the stock numbers are in the original post. My Costco has about 20 kids bmx bikes, but they aren't on clearance yet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014