• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Brother Refurbished EHL-2240 Mono Laser Printer $69.99   

Save $15.00 off your purchase of $50 or more  code 86069 
$69.99
-$15.00
$54.99
-$20 rebate   Rebate Offer Number: 12-12583
= $35

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

EHL-2240 (14.33kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
n/m

bhikshuk (Oct. 25, 2013 @ 10:28a) |

bhikshuk (Oct. 25, 2013 @ 11:35a) |

If you'd continue to use it with the plan to return once the cartridge is empty that is arguably fraud.

However an empty ... (more)

tall (Nov. 04, 2013 @ 4:02p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Does the rebate only work on the EHL, because the HL-2240 is $10 cheaper. Good deal though.

Anyone with experience on these? Can it just sit for long periods of time with only occasional use?
I"d like a new home printer but I rarely print at home, just wondering if this is the best solution.
Thanks

netsurf12 said:   Anyone with experience on these? Can it just sit for long periods of time with only occasional use?
I"d like a new home printer but I rarely print at home, just wondering if this is the best solution.
Thanks

  Toner doesn't dry out like ink does.

I have a 2270 wireless duplex model and I love it. This one is not wireless and is just a little slower but uses the same toner cartridge. I may not print for 2 months and this thing wakes up in seconds and prints perfectly. I have had it for 3 years and am still on the starter toner. I have had numerous inkjets. Some were very high end and expensive. Every time I would go to print after they had been sitting, they would be stopped up or out of ink or the print head needed to be replaced. If you don't print often and want black and white that is totally reliable get a Brother laser. This one costs less that 1 of the 4 cartridges in my old HP pro inkjet that clogged after maybe 20 pages and cost more than $300.

Jim5 said:   I have a 2270 wireless duplex model and I love it. This one is not wireless and is just a little slower but uses the same toner cartridge. I may not print for 2 months and this thing wakes up in seconds and prints perfectly. I have had it for 3 years and am still on the starter toner. I have had numerous inkjets. Some were very high end and expensive. Every time I would go to print after they had been sitting, they would be stopped up or out of ink or the print head needed to be replaced. If you don't print often and want black and white that is totally reliable get a Brother laser. This one costs less that 1 of the 4 cartridges in my old HP pro inkjet that clogged after maybe 20 pages and cost more than $300.
 

  Thanks very much, This is exactly what I was looking for!

I can just plug it into my NAS and it becomes wireless.

This can stack with the Amex $25 off $75 offer (Link to your card). So that makes the printer + $25 worth of stuff (I got paper towels) for ~$30.

netsurf12 said:   Anyone with experience on these? Can it just sit for long periods of time with only occasional use?
I just turned on my HL-2240 after about half a year of non-use. It works fine.
However, do consider a wireless printer. Brother's app for iOS and Android devices makes it even more convenient.

Does this printer come with a toner?

housebythewater said:   Does this printer come with a toner?
  Have you ever seen any brand new laser printer coming w/o toner????

THIS IS A STEAL....great deal...much, much better than my Samsung ML 1665 that has given me problems since I bought it.

sandy05 said:   
housebythewater said:   Does this printer come with a toner?
  Have you ever seen any brand new laser printer coming w/o toner????

  It's not brand new, it's a refurb, and at least one of the Staples reviews says it came without a drum or toner...

Any good brand toner for this

Thanks OP.  I am in for one.

This is just what I want, but I think I'll wait for wireless. Thanks for posting. I'll look for a wireless to appear!

Being refurbished, it's hit or miss what is included in the box.  All depends on what was returned with the unit.  Be forewarned.  You may not receive anything beyond the printer itself.  Power cords and USB cables missing are no big thing, but I'd return it if it didn't include at least a starter cartridge.  That being said, if I bought this new, I'd use up the starter cartridge before returning it, so having a starter cartridge with only a few remaining pages is no better.  Best case scenario is a unit returned with a used up cartridge and Staples replaced it with a new cartridge as part of their refurbishment process.

I am going for this Wireless+Scanner+Copier . Are there any better coupons out there!!

These cheap Brother printers have never disappointed me. Good reasons to choose.

have been using Brother laser printers for 12 years and love them! still use my original HL1450. my current primary printer is an HL2270DW, works great, price was right. note however that the Brother printer app for iOS, Android, Kindle, WP etc only works with specific models so be sure to check that list if that feature is important for you.

Brother app info   

Brother app pdf brochure 
 

Seems like alot of good reviews -- I'm in for one.

Rickmaster said:   Being refurbished, it's hit or miss what is included in the box.  All depends on what was returned with the unit.  Be forewarned.  You may not receive anything beyond the printer itself.  Power cords and USB cables missing are no big thing, but I'd return it if it didn't include at least a starter cartridge.  That being said, if I bought this new, I'd use up the starter cartridge before returning it, so having a starter cartridge with only a few remaining pages is no better.  Best case scenario is a unit returned with a used up cartridge and Staples replaced it with a new cartridge as part of their refurbishment process.
  
Any refurbished item i've ever gotten from Brother was always in like new condition, the machine, toner, everything... I even got a printer one time that i could tell by the color scheme it was a lil old, and then looking at the label, it was made about 2 years prior to me purchasing it. otherwise, it and everything in the box was in new condition. That was the only "old" one i got, everything else was up to date, but still, everything has been like new condition.

Looks like this $15/$50 code expired 10/20. I was too busy & missed getting my order in.

I would order several if had a good coupon, as can get up to 10 rebates on this deal.

Any other Specific Suggestions for coupon codes?

$20 off $100 code is 43326 and is valid i believe until 10-27-13! Good luck!
 

I'm going to get this. Brother printer always last for me.

I have had a cheap Brother printer like this for years and it works fine - every few months when I need to print something.  Can't recall my model number, but it looks identical except for color.  It may come with a "starter" toner which is something like 50% of a normal cartridge.  Mine has an optical sensor that shines a beam through the cartridge, and disables the printer when the toner gets low.  You can fool that by putting a piece of masking tape over the little window in the cartridge.  That buys you a few days to be able to order a cheap replacement cartridge from Monoprice.  Apparently you can damage the printer if you let it run out of toner completely, but if you only print occasionally this trick saves you from having to keep a spare cartridge on hand, or run to Office Max for one that costs more than the printer. 

n/m

tdavis5432 said:   $20 off $100 code is 43326 and is valid i believe until 10-27-13! Good luck!
  Just used it in on the
http://www.staples.com/Brother-Refurbished-EHL-2280DW-Laser-Multi-Function-Printer/product_125551  
119 shipped with a $30 rebate
nice deal OP and thanks for coupon code

Rickmaster said:   That being said, if I bought this new, I'd use up the starter cartridge before returning it, so having a starter cartridge with only a few remaining pages is no better.  Best case scenario is a unit returned with a used up cartridge and Staples replaced it with a new cartridge as part of their refurbishment process.
  
If you'd continue to use it with the plan to return once the cartridge is empty that is arguably fraud.

However an empty starter cartridge is much better than no cartridge because you can get bulk toner refills for about $7 on eBay, Amazon, and possibly also certain Chinese sites like DX.   That's the best thing about this printer, not the extra low purchase price.  It "might" also need a reusable reset gear purchased once with the toner, in order to make it last a fully cartridge cycle instead of a starter cartridge cycle before triggering a low toner alert.  That's about a $2 one time cost.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014