• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I noticed today that the previous $50 Xbox 360 promo credit deal is back on at Amazon and Best Buy for most of the Xbox 360 consoles.

The 250GB holiday bundle is the equivalent to $200 including credit... looks to be the same deal at Amazon and BB, not sure if other retailers will follow yet. Around BF, I expect the same sort of deals, but with cash instead of credit, but if you don't want to wait, and consider Amazon credit the same as real cash, it may be a good deal now.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Microsoft Store
See Microsoft Store discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

XBox 360 (13.94kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

damn tax is killing me on Amazon

If you have Chase Rewards, you can get 5% back w/ Amazon purchases (assuming you sign up this quarter), offsetting some of the tax costs.

And through BB, there is the 5% in rewards, and I believe Discover has 5% back in their shopping portal for BB (or at least used to).

Only 25 on the 4 gb this time?

Do anyone know how long is this promotion? I can't get it until next week because of gift card issues.
Also, what is the difference between the S and the E version?

Namelessme said:   If you have Chase Rewards, you can get 5% back w/ Amazon purchases (assuming you sign up this quarter), offsetting some of the tax costs.

And through BB, there is the 5% in rewards, and I believe Discover has 5% back in their shopping portal for BB (or at least used to).


I have Chase MileagePlus Explorer card.  How do I sign up to get 5% back on Amazon purchases?  Where do I sign up for this?  Yeah, the tax sucks.
TIA

Not sure if that card has quarterly sign ups or not. For Chase Rewards, it's on their website and they email an activation link to us. This quarter it just happened to be for Amazon purchases.

tangster said:   Do anyone know how long is this promotion? I can't get it until next week because of gift card issues.
Also, what is the difference between the S and the E version?

  Not sure how long it will go for. I guess you could call Best Buy or Amazon and ask them.

I believe the E model is the newest version, so I'd go with that. It's a bit smaller and quieter from what I have read.

Toys R Us appears to running the same deal.  Buy a Xbox 360 in store, get $50 promo gift card.

tangster said:   
Namelessme said:   If you have Chase Rewards, you can get 5% back w/ Amazon purchases (assuming you sign up this quarter), offsetting some of the tax costs.

And through BB, there is the 5% in rewards, and I believe Discover has 5% back in their shopping portal for BB (or at least used to).


I have Chase MileagePlus Explorer card.  How do I sign up to get 5% back on Amazon purchases?  Where do I sign up for this?  Yeah, the tax sucks.
TIA

  This is for the Freedom only.

Good deal, although I obviously wish it was applicable on the Xbox One. I doubt we will see any deals on those for a while.

GameStop is having a Black Friday Sale where the 250GB 360 which I want to buy will be $199. I'll wait. Otherwise I would have jumped on this.

SuperCalo2K said:   GameStop is having a Black Friday Sale where the 250GB 360 which I want to buy will be $199. I'll wait. Otherwise I would have jumped on this.
  Wouldn't the net cost be exactly the same, though?

dollarshort said:   
SuperCalo2K said:   GameStop is having a Black Friday Sale where the 250GB 360 which I want to buy will be $199. I'll wait. Otherwise I would have jumped on this.
  Wouldn't the net cost be exactly the same, though?

  
Yeah, although some people would prefer cash over credit. To me, Amazon credit = cash, so it doesn't matter much either way. Amazon would make more sense for those who don't pay tax at Amazon, or have Chase Freedom and want 5% back.

The ToysRus comment above is interesting, although when I checked their website I didn't see any mention of $50 credit for instore purchases. If we could pair that up with some ToyRus coupon or rewards, it could be a bit cheaper. If Newegg does this again, it'd probably be cheapest for me personally, as there is no tax for me from Newegg, unlike most other stores.

And I see Newegg is offering the same deal now too. Expires 11/9.

Anyone here ever use price protection with their credit card before? I'm wondering if it's worth getting now, and if it happens to go lower during BF, just go the price protection route. But would the $50 credit confuse things or make the item ineligible for some reason?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014