• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
May be regional and must be signed up online  

Offer ends 12/31/13  and is limited to new residential customers. Not all services and features available in all areas.

After 24 months, or if any service is cancelled or downgraded, regular charges apply. Comcast's current monthly service charge for Performance ranges from $42.95 to $64.95, and may vary depending on your area and other Comcast services subscribed to, if any. Equipment, installation and taxes extra. May not be combined with other offers. Actual speeds vary and are not guaranteed. Not all features, including Constant Guard® Protection Suite, are available with Macintosh systems. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee applies to one month's recurring service charge and standard installation up to $500. Call for restrictions and complete details

Member Summary

xfinity
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
May i get wifi facility, free installation service, free router and/or modem as u need for full service? How much the ac... (more)

masudsquare (Jan. 28, 2014 @ 10:34a) |

RCN installed 110mbps internet plan (cable modem rental included) at my apt with free installation and $50 gift card. $4... (more)

sun2000 (Jan. 28, 2014 @ 11:17a) |

I know its rather old thread but I just tried to get 20mbps (performance) for $29.99 through online chat and got shot do... (more)

ciszew (Mar. 26, 2014 @ 10:57p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

20Mbps?

I think its a great deal - I just signed up for it. 20mbps is plenty for the general user and quite frankly I had boost+ beforehand and I got the same actual speeds.

If you're already a customer, just cancel and sign up under your spouse/roommate/dog!

They do ask for your socio. 

Unlimited ?????

Comcast used to require basic cable service if you order internet.   Do they still require this? Do they still transmit local TV stations if you order only internet service?

I got a letter in the mail the other day from Comcast informing me that starting in November they will be adjusting their residential service to a usage limit of up to 300gb a month. After that there will be a fee per 10gb of usage. I know most people don't use 300gb a month, but for me ...

too bad not available at my place, paying $50+ to TWC per month.

It's definitely regional. Here in the Bay Area, the link shows $29.99 for six months. No competition here, it's too bad.

On performance for 24.99 a month for 6 months. Was at 19.99 before. At the end call back - rinse and repeat...

I am paying $64.95/20mbps.
They wouldn't lower it after the promo period..
They know I can't get anything in my area faster than 1.5mbps, so I continue to be gouged.
They also offer 50mbps internet for $69.99 and free SD basic cable with HBO for 12-months.

Love this.  Great deal!!

mydogsassy said:   I got a letter in the mail the other day from Comcast informing me that starting in November they will be adjusting their residential service to a usage limit of up to 300gb a month. After that there will be a fee per 10gb of usage. I know most people don't use 300gb a month, but for me ...

Interesting. Whats the fee for each 10GB over the limit?

f2000sa said:   Comcast used to require basic cable service if you order internet.   Do they still require this? Do they still transmit local TV stations if you order only internet service?

I have Comcast for just over 1 yr and it started with all the local TV channels coming thru the coax cable.  Then about 3 mos ago, all of a sudden I don't get any TV channels anymore.  So YMMV.

Does anyone know what "and standard installation up to $500" means in their restrictions.
Also I have an older cable modem from comcast , will I be able to use it or I need to rent from them.

Also I have an older cable modem from comcast , will I be able to use it or I need to rent from them.

They discourage you using the old modems. It may still work. They have a list of compatible modems on their site.

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/  

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/end-of-lif... 

End of Life basically means we will no longer install the device, either as a new or replacement device. In addition, it means we no longer recommend that customers purchase these devices, whether new or used. It is also an advance warning that the device will soon need to be replaced.

Typically, if a device is identified as End of Life, it will subsequently move to End of Support (EOS) status. This means that when a device reaches End of Support status, it will no longer work on our network or be compatible with our network and/or services.

poko88 said:   Unlimited ?????
  I am thinking this is metered, I doubt there any left which are unlimited.

Great

itsme13 said:   poko88 said:   Unlimited ?????
  I am thinking this is metered, I doubt there any left which are unlimited.

Cablevision/Optimum = unlimited.

I have a friend with this service, to get the modem to function as a bridge instead of use the built in crap box router software they charge an additional 50 bucks. what a SCAM

mydogsassy said:   I got a letter in the mail the other day from Comcast informing me that starting in November they will be adjusting their residential service to a usage limit of up to 300gb a month. After that there will be a fee per 10gb of usage. I know most people don't use 300gb a month, but for me ...
  You're in one of their test markets.  If they deem it a success they will roll it out nationwide.  Call up and bitch.  That's the only way they'll know.

http://stopthecap.com/2013/08/08/comcast-expands-300gb-usage-cap...

i have the blast + boost (whatever its called), I have been paying 41 for it with cable and HBO for a year. I just used the cable online streaming, my data s unlimited, I use almost 500gb in a month

CSK096 said:   
f2000sa said:   Comcast used to require basic cable service if you order internet.   Do they still require this? Do they still transmit local TV stations if you order only internet service?
  I have Comcast for just over 1 yr and it started with all the local TV channels coming thru the coax cable.  Then about 3 mos ago, all of a sudden I don't get any TV channels anymore.  So YMMV.

no luck nowadays, they scramble them well
 technician told me in bay area, they are stopping the requirement

prastogi said:   
CSK096 said:   

no luck nowadays, they scramble them well
 technician told me in bay area, they are stopping the requirement

I think you are mistaken, I've had Comcast Internet service, nearly continuously since 1998 under three different franchises, I've never heard of them "requiring" you to have TV service.  However, if you do not, they will charge you an extra fee which is usually more than the lowest tier of TV service.  In my area, they are no longer transmitting analog TV signals, only digital, and most of them are encrypted (including the "preferred" tier), not just the premium channels.  Not so sure about the local channels.

robby69 said:   I am paying $64.95/20mbps.
They wouldn't lower it after the promo period..
They know I can't get anything in my area faster than 1.5mbps, so I continue to be gouged.
They also offer 50mbps internet for $69.99 and free SD basic cable with HBO for 12-months.

I was also paying $64.xx after the promo period.  Did that for a month and earlier this week called them to cancel the service.  Told them that I can't afford to pay over $60 for the service and within a minute the rep offered me $19.99 for six months and after that  $35 for another year.  I've been playing this game with them for over 10 years and works everytime.  If they won't budge then I place the order for the cancellation in the future and call again a day or two before the actual cancellation date and see if they change their mind.  If not, then I ask to continue the service....try calling them again in a week or so until they give in.  

redearth said:   i have the blast + boost (whatever its called), I have been paying 41 for it with cable and HBO for a year. I just used the cable online streaming, my data s unlimited, I use almost 500gb in a month
  How to check the usage?

quizzer25 said:   
redearth said:   i have the blast + boost (whatever its called), I have been paying 41 for it with cable and HBO for a year. I just used the cable online streaming, my data s unlimited, I use almost 500gb in a month
  How to check the usage?

It should display on your acct online.

Must be regional. I'm only seeing 25Mbps at $29.99 for 6 months.
After seeing the devices page, it seems my current cable modem is EoLed. It is not even listed under Performance tier. Seems you now need DOCSIS 3.0 to use Performance tier now. Got to keep an eye on D3 modems.

Got to keep an eye on D3 modems.

Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

I got this modem for about $69 at Staples after pricing match RadioShack ($89) and 20/100 coupon.

luvGnuLinux said:   Does anyone know what "and standard installation up to $500" means in their restrictions.

I just got Comcast's triple play, and as I understood it, it's the money back guarantee.  They'll refund your installation costs if you are not satisfied and cancel within whatever time period they allow.

[q=AvatarZ;18050919 said]get out of contract.....

penalty?

f2000sa said:   sign up under your spouse/roommate/dog!

They do ask for your socio. 

Last time I signed up, they asked for a social. I told them I was in witness protection, and they waived the deposit they usually charge for not having a SSN.

Was told that my address is not qualified by self-installation although I disconnected the service two years ago. They want to charge $39.99 for professional install.

My neighbor uses Comcast!

I love it ,thanks OP!

Comcast is completely f*^&**@ed up company. In Florida we have only three plans:

3 Mbps for $20 a month, 12 months only
6 Mbps for $50 a month
105 Mbps for $80 a month, for 6 months only

plus $7 modem charge.

kickerstarter said:   Must be regional. I'm only seeing 25Mbps at $29.99 for 6 months.
After seeing the devices page, it seems my current cable modem is EoLed. It is not even listed under Performance tier. Seems you now need DOCSIS 3.0 to use Performance tier now. Got to keep an eye on D3 modems.

I am Using a ubee 2.0 modem with performance.  Getting 20mbps down.  Theoretically you could get ip to 48mbps on 2.0., as it IS capable of channel bonding on adjacent channels.  If you upgrade to blast you would want to upgrade to 3.0 modem.  Your modem may not be listed if its not a tested and approved from Comcaast
If I was going 3.0 on comcast, I would get this 
http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Motorola-SB6121-SURFboard-DOCSIS/dp/...

Great deal. Thanks

My address was previously a commercial office and when I go online it shows this deal is available however it has a problem with it and tells me "We're sorry, but your order cannot currently be processed. Please call 1-877-870-4310 to place your order. Or, you can enter a different address"... And unfortunately for me this offer is online only and the guy on the phone offered a 1 year for 29.99 with no agreement but I'd prefer the 2 year locked in rate with a contract. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Skipping 76 Messages...
I know its rather old thread but I just tried to get 20mbps (performance) for $29.99 through online chat and got shot down (offer is up on the website but it requires other service at full price), will try cancellation method when my rate expires ($15 for 3mbps)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.