Nook HD+ $129.50+tax FS Staples.com

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Was checking the Nook HD+ 16GB on Staples, seems the price is now at $129.50.  Not sure if this is temporary or permanent, but it didn't seem to appear explicitly in the weekly ad, despite the large sale on laptops/tablets/etc.

http://www.staples.com/NOOK-HD-Slate-16GB/product_101643

Also the HD is $91.50.

http://www.staples.com/NOOK-HD-Smoke-8GB/product_101736?external...

Haven't been into a store, so don't know if this applies to B&M.

Member Summary

Nook HD+
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I ordered 1 on Friday (when it showed in-stock). Never got a confirmation email nor did it show up in my orders. Got a c... (more)

amhidogha (Oct. 29, 2013 @ 12:09p) |

Maybe try price-matching?

Riaz27 (Oct. 29, 2013 @ 4:00p) |

Thanks Riaz. Unfortunately, now that the Staples site is showing it as clearance and also OOS, expecting most retailers ... (more)

amhidogha (Oct. 31, 2013 @ 11:10a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

runs cyanogenmod, very stable. i run hybrid cm10.1, so does not even void the warranty!

miserly said:   runs cyanogenmod, very stable. i run hybrid cm10.1, so does not even void the warranty!
  same here, but was bit of a struggle to make it boot from the SD card/

You can use coupon code 76793 for $10 off $40 and if you have an amex card some of them have a $25 off $75 you can link to your card..my amex blue had the offer......additionally plink.com has a 300 point ($3.00) offer you can link to same card for Staples...and of course FatWallet CashBack of up to 2.5%

famewolf said:   You can use coupon code 76793 for $10 off $40
  says "Expired Coupon: The coupon you're trying to use has expired."

I doubt there is fw Cash Back on this; read the t&C's; it seems to exclude technology items.

So the choice is between a new nook HD+ from Staples for 130 - 25 (amex), plus tax, or a refurb from an eBay reseller for $100. ( I don't know of any Cash Back on eBay)

Seems like an easy choice to me.

recommend avoiding this seller... bought from last time was supposed to be new and was not...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barnes-Noble-NOOK-HD-16GB-Wi-Fi-9-Slate-...

REFURB

$99 - shopdiscover CB - eBay bux 

Just ordered the HD+ from Staples: $129.50 - $20 coupon 43326 - $25 (amex) = $84.50 + tax.
Note coupon 43326 does not work online; you need to place a phone order.

That is a great deal LarryC. Even at $109 without the Amex getting that coupon that would be tough to beat.

larryc said:   Just ordered the HD+ from Staples: $129.50 - $20 coupon 43326 - $25 (amex) = $84.50 + tax.

43326 coupon says not valid on tablets.  But the phone rep took it?

Xnarg1 said:     43326 coupon says not valid on tablets.  But the phone rep took it?
  Yep

I hope you'll not mind my asking, but I've never done a phone order, so how do you do this?  Is there just a point during the process where they asked for coupons or do you tell them that you wish to apply a coupon?  I'd have thought they have basically the same interface as we do when it comes to ordering so that it would immediately alert them to the coupon's status as it does for us.

On a side note: another site said:
With this offer, when you spend $75 at Staples, you will get a $25 Amex statement credit posted to your account. You do not even need to purchase merchandise. You can simply buy a gas gift card, which you will use anyway, or a restaurant gift card, and you will still get the credit. It’s free money!

So if you don't want to buy the Nook, just buy Giftcards...

edit: also in FW thread here 

larryc said:   Just ordered the HD+ from Staples: $129.50 - $20 coupon 43326 - $25 (amex) = $84.50 + tax.

If I could justify buying a second one, I totally would do this.  I bought mine ca. Father's Day for $150 with gift cards and think it's a terrific tablet for the money; it's an absolute no-brainer under $100.  I used the Android Developer Bridge (adb) in the Android SDK to side-load almost 20 games I've purchased through Humble Bundle.

Edit: I haven't even bothered to install Cyanogen.

larryc said:   
Xnarg1 said:     43326 coupon says not valid on tablets.  But the phone rep took it?
  Yep

Just tried to order it on phone using the coupon but was rejected by the system. She said the coupon is not valid for tablets.

deleted

Currently Out of Stock

premb007 said:   Currently Out of Stock
  Which one?  HD+ 16GB isn't right now.

Slickone said:   
premb007 said:   Currently Out of Stock
  Which one?  HD+ 16GB isn't right now.

It's showing OOS for me.

Looks like it's back in stock for the moment.  It's clearance now, so I guess they'll be out completely eventually.
Edit: And back out again.  I wonder if they'll drop the price again before they're out forever.

I ordered 1 on Friday (when it showed in-stock). Never got a confirmation email nor did it show up in my orders. Got a convenient mail yesterday that it was out-of-stock. Went online and showed again in stock so ordered another. Same issues with order and not-in-stock email today!

Maybe try price-matching?

Riaz27 said:   Maybe try price-matching?
  Thanks Riaz. Unfortunately, now that the Staples site is showing it as clearance and also OOS, expecting most retailers won't PM. Also, was hoping to use the 25 Staples Amex credit on this. Thanks again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014